While the rest of America is focused on jobs and economic recovery most here? sex

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
You people are out of touch. We have REAL issues facing this country and so many of you are obsessed with sexual topics. Most pointedly Rick Santorums beliefs. He's made it VERY CLEAR that his personal beliefs are just that...PERSONAL. Not his public policy positions. But you gotta twist it up to make it a FAKE ISSUE.

Meanwhile the rest of America are concerned about our economy, jobs, taxes, wars, big govt vs small govt, Nanny state and many other issues. Yet many of you on the left are stuck in sex mode. Safe sex, sexual orientation, sex "rights". It's laughable.

I've said all along this election cycle we need to focus on the mechanical problems of our nation but so many just want to wallow in the gutter issues.

Obama is capable of debating real issues but he wants to focus on stupid shit. Why do you think that is? Why was there no outcry about his bank busting budget? Where is the outcry about him FORCING private companies to give away part of their services for FREE? Where is the outcry about him embracing a tactic of the right that is dangerous to our democracy (super pacs)? Where is the outcry from the left on his taking us into other conflicts? Where is the outcry about him giving away billions of our tax dollars to shakey companies that were campaign donors only for them to subsequently file bankruptcy?

Yet you're OBSESSED with someone's personal beliefs that have 0 impact on the rest of us.

Pull you're collective heads out of you're asses and get some fucking perspectives about what's important.

Santorum: States Should Have The Right To Outlaw Birth Control | ThinkProgress

Rick Santorum reiterated his belief that states should have the right to outlaw contraception during an interview with ABC News yesterday, saying, “The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that. It is not a constitutional right, the state has the right to pass whatever statues they have.” Watch the Jake Tapper interview:

Santorum has long opposed the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling “that invalidated a Connecticut law banning contraception” and has also pledged to completely defund federal funding for contraception if elected president. As he told CaffeinatedThoughts.com editor Shane Vander Hart in October, “One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country,” the former Pennsylvania senator explained. “It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”

Is Santorum going to equate gay marriage with bestiality again?

• Banned

Rick Santorum reiterated his belief that states should have the right to outlaw contraception during an interview with ABC News yesterday, saying, “The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that. It is not a constitutional right, the state has the right to pass whatever statues they have.” Watch the Jake Tapper interview:

Santorum has long opposed the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling “that invalidated a Connecticut law banning contraception” and has also pledged to completely defund federal funding for contraception if elected president. As he told CaffeinatedThoughts.com editor Shane Vander Hart in October, “One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country,” the former Pennsylvania senator explained. “It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”

Thank you for proving my point with your seemingly one track mind.

Seems to me that the problem begins with Santorum as these are his positions, something you seem to deny.

• Banned

Why does it matter?

It doesn't. In his religious views sin is sin. Period.

You guys are going nuts because someone has convictions and lives by them. All be it causing no harm to you or anyone else.

• Banned

Seems to me that the problem begins with Santorum as these are his positions, something you seem to deny.

You seem to not realize that I agree with his states right stance. Funny thing is he is running for president not governor.

Perspective

Why does it matter?

You guys are going nuts because someone has convictions and lives by them. All be it causing no harm to you or anyone else.

If those are indicative of his views on homosexuality.....yes it does matter

As president, Santorum would be filling court appointments at all levels. We know what that will mean to gays

How about Santorums views towards women in the Military?

Make for a great Commander in Chief......especially when he tries to reinstate DADT

For those who were perhaps educated in public schools, whadaya expect from these lefty dimwits?

They can talk about all Obama's last campaign promises, the reality that has since unfolded, his unconscionable spending, the sputtering economy, weak job recovery, etc., etc., etc. Or, they can play the obfuscation game, again, by attempting to focus the debate anywhere else so they're not playing defense 100% of the time.

Won't work but it might make the defeat less stunning by a few points.

Why does it matter?

As president, Santorum would be filling court appointments at all levels. We know what that will mean to gays

That doesn't matter. Only leftist judges try to legislate from the bench.

Why does it matter?

That doesn't matter. Only leftist judges try to legislate from the bench.

:lol:

How about Santorums views towards women in the Military?

Make for a great Commander in Chief......especially when he tries to reinstate DADT

Well I'm unfamiliar with his position on this subject. Myself, I don't believe women belong in dangerous jobs be they military or not. Not because I don't think they're capable but because I was raised to protect women and the weak. Placing them in harms way is contrary to that.

You seem to not realize that I agree with his states right stance. Funny thing is he is running for president not governor.

Perspective

So if a state wanted to go back to not allowing blacks to eat in the same restaurants as whites, that would be a state's right issue also? Or if a state wanted to ignore all federal pollution guidelines, that would be the states right also? As much as you may wish for the US to become a confederacy, where states can make up any law they choose, it is not.

You people are out of touch. We have REAL issues facing this country and so many of you are obsessed with sexual topics. Most pointedly Rick Santorums beliefs. He's made it VERY CLEAR that his personal beliefs are just that...PERSONAL. Not his public policy positions. But you gotta twist it up to make it a FAKE ISSUE.

Meanwhile the rest of America are concerned about our economy, jobs, taxes, wars, big govt vs small govt, Nanny state and many other issues. Yet many of you on the left are stuck in sex mode. Safe sex, sexual orientation, sex "rights". It's laughable.

I've said all along this election cycle we need to focus on the mechanical problems of our nation but so many just want to wallow in the gutter issues.

Obama is capable of debating real issues but he wants to focus on stupid shit. Why do you think that is? Why was there no outcry about his bank busting budget? Where is the outcry about him FORCING private companies to give away part of their services for FREE? Where is the outcry about him embracing a tactic of the right that is dangerous to our democracy (super pacs)? Where is the outcry from the left on his taking us into other conflicts? Where is the outcry about him giving away billions of our tax dollars to shakey companies that were campaign donors only for them to subsequently file bankruptcy?

Yet you're OBSESSED with someone's personal beliefs that have 0 impact on the rest of us.

Pull you're collective heads out of you're asses and get some fucking perspectives about what's important.

This is happening on boards all across the net dude, the left have been told to stay off topic and to start arguments on issues that are nonfactors in this election cycle. They will do whatever it takes to derail honest debate on issues because it hurts there candidate and the cause.

Perspective

Santorum is a hypocrit on states rights. Do you remember Terry Schiavo? He tried to overide the rights of Florida.

Forum List

Back