which web browser do you use?

Which browser do you use most frequently?

• Firefox

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Netscape Navigator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 25.9%

• Total voters
I currently use Firefox.

Chrome has peaked my interest, so I'll probably check it out soon.

They're writing Chrome to compete only with IE, bringing in the functionality of Firefox in Linux to Windoze. In Linux Firefox can do a LOT more, and IE will never be able to catch up, while Mozilla doesn't bother writing the same functionality into Firefox, too much effort to invest. In Gnome (Linux desktop) Firefox is surprisingly more functional than in Windoze.

Chrome is fine if you don't mind it sending tracking information about you to google every so often.

My primary browser is firefox. I have a ton of add-ons, not the least handy of which is CoolPreviews which displays whatever link you hover on, in a little inner window for viewing links without having to click.

I use IE only when needing to check my sites after changes.... I use safari for the same thing.

Chrome is fine if you don't mind it sending tracking information about you to google every so often.

My primary browser is firefox. I have a ton of add-ons, not the least handy of which is CoolPreviews which displays whatever link you hover on, in a little inner window for viewing links without having to click.

I use IE only when needing to check my sites after changes.... I use safari for the same thing.

IE does that info transmission to, and in Vista I don't think you can block it, I found a way in XP though. Google though uses it only to help their search engine pick sites more in your interests, which they do every time you use the search engine to, but with the search through other browsers they do it if you are logged into an account or track via IP address. It's "in the algorithm" ... remember?

Firefox ... it just rocks in so many levels. Do you run Vista? If so, does it let you "rip" tabs like in Gnome? I know it didn't work so well in XP and lost a few tabs that way, but haven't tried in Vista.

IE does that info transmission to, and in Vista I don't think you can block it, I found a way in XP though. Google though uses it only to help their search engine pick sites more in your interests, which they do every time you use the search engine to, but with the search through other browsers they do it if you are logged into an account or track via IP address. It's "in the algorithm" ... remember?
They SAY that's all they track....It's come into some question lately. And yeah,some of the tracking they do with chrome, you cannot turn off. They call it "involuntary" tracking...
Firefox ... it just rocks in so many levels. Do you run Vista? If so, does it let you "rip" tabs like in Gnome? I know it didn't work so well in XP and lost a few tabs that way, but haven't tried in Vista.
I wouldn't have vista to save my ass.

Put foxfire on here the other day. I'm liking it. It has a faster load than IE which is nice because we have a slower connection here.

Put foxfire on here the other day. I'm liking it. It has a faster load than IE which is nice because we have a slower connection here.
Get'cha some of the slick add-ons, especially AdBlockPlus and the EasyList USA filter to go with it, which is updated constantly... Get Cooliris for a wonderful 3-D image and video search engine... Get CoolPreviews you'll love that for checking links without having to click on them... Ghostery, which notifies you about the invisible web elements contained in pages you're viewing, including web bugs, javascript libraries, counters, trackers, etc. and if you REALLY want a cool gadget, get TV-Fox which gives you hundreds of free TV channels around the world to watch right there on your computer.

Firefox has dozens of other add-ons, to find these I'm talking about and many more go tools>Add-ons in firefox.

Get'cha some of the slick add-ons, especially AdBlockPlus and the EasyList USA filter to go with it, which is updated constantly... Get Cooliris for a wonderful 3-D image and video search engine... Get CoolPreviews you'll love that for checking links without having to click on them... Ghostery, which notifies you about the invisible web elements contained in pages you're viewing, including web bugs, javascript libraries, counters, trackers, etc. and if you REALLY want a cool gadget, get TV-Fox which gives you hundreds of free TV channels around the world to watch right there on your computer.

Firefox has dozens of other add-ons, to find these I'm talking about and many more go tools>Add-ons in firefox.

I use Firefox and when I use add-ons they slow down my computer and heat up my processor.

I use Firefox and when I use add-ons they slow down my computer and heat up my processor.
Never had any such issue.

The only one that COULD do that is Cooliris.

Wow....It sped mine up, and I'm still using a hot-rodded boat anchor Thinkpad with a Pentium III.
AdBlock WILL speed your browsing up. Because all the leech-assed garbage coming from most sites by way of the ads are all gone! Most folks are blissfully unaware of the amount of your computer's resources advertisements leech away.

In Windoze it's probably because they have to use their own API since the functionality of Windoze is very low level, their widgets are either their way or no way, so Firefox (and many other programmers) have had to write their own, which increases the processor load, however it should only do that for the multimedia ones, all the others are just scripts.

Wow....It sped mine up, and I'm still using a hot-rodded boat anchor Thinkpad with a Pentium III.
AdBlock WILL speed your browsing up. Because all the leech-assed garbage coming from most sites by way of the ads are all gone! Most folks are blissfully unaware of the amount of your computer's resources advertisements leech away.

I use NoScript, it works on all of it and Javascript, as well as blocking cookies unless you white list a site.

In Windoze it's probably because they have to use their own API since the functionality of Windoze is very low level, their widgets are either their way or no way, so Firefox (and many other programmers) have had to write their own, which increases the processor load, however it should only do that for the multimedia ones, all the others are just scripts.

Oh ok. I think that I'm going to go ahead and just dual boot Vista and Ubuntu. I just got a new one and never got around to it.

I use NoScript, it works on all of it and Javascript, as well as blocking cookies unless you white list a site.
I use both, have them both fine tuned.

BTW if any ad is trying to run any application, such as Java, it's blocked by AdBlock anyway.

Forum List

Back