which web browser do you use?

Which browser do you use most frequently?

• Firefox

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Netscape Navigator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 25.9%

• Total voters
Put foxfire on here the other day. I'm liking it. It has a faster load than IE which is nice because we have a slower connection here.
Get'cha some of the slick add-ons, especially AdBlockPlus and the EasyList USA filter to go with it, which is updated constantly... Get Cooliris for a wonderful 3-D image and video search engine... Get CoolPreviews you'll love that for checking links without having to click on them... Ghostery, which notifies you about the invisible web elements contained in pages you're viewing, including web bugs, javascript libraries, counters, trackers, etc. and if you REALLY want a cool gadget, get TV-Fox which gives you hundreds of free TV channels around the world to watch right there on your computer.

Firefox has dozens of other add-ons, to find these I'm talking about and many more go tools>Add-ons in firefox.
I got these add-ons and video downloader. Cool stuff. I'll be playing with these until I get them all checked out and then go see what else is available. Have not tried out Cooliris yet. I'll scope it this evening and look at Ghostery. I have a 5 GB limitation every month so I'll have to pass on watching tv for now. If I manage to go over the the limit the bill is outrageous. Using Firefox it does not seem to be adding to that usage as fast as IE has in the past on watching a few videos thus far.

Firefox default, Safari occasionally. Google Chrome is...I dunno, meh. Opera didn't do it for me. I've even sampled the exotic Konqueror (bundled with Fedora Linux KDE) and found it horrifically clunky. I use IE 8 ONLY to test my web pages (in a Windows 7 virtual machine.)

I thought Netscape was dead...? :eusa_eh:

Ok I installed Firefox and have version 3.0.11 I do not see any spell check on it. I've added only these adons:
Extensions:
Adblcok Plus 1.02
CoolPreviews 2.7.0522
DownloadHelper 4.4.1

The only other extension I see is Microsoft.NET Framework Assistant 1.0 in the list area for all extensions.

What other cool adons do you suggest, and please inform about spell check. Thanks

I just installed the ImTranslator 3.2.8 is that the one I needed?

Firefox, occasionally Opera or Chrome. IE for work as the bastards control the corporate boardroom.

Ok I installed Firefox and have version 3.0.11 I do not see any spell check on it. I've added only these adons:
Extensions:
Adblcok Plus 1.02
CoolPreviews 2.7.0522
DownloadHelper 4.4.1

The only other extension I see is Microsoft.NET Framework Assistant 1.0 in the list area for all extensions.

What other cool adons do you suggest, and please inform about spell check. Thanks
The spell check is there, you might have to "turn it on." To do so, highlight a word, then right click, choose "Check Spelling."

When it is working, mis-spelled words are underlined in red, ONLY in text entry boxes such as you use when writing a post.

Also, get TV-Fox if you wanna turn your computer into a digital TV with well over 400 free worldwide TV broadcasts!

On your AdBlockPlus, keep in mind it won't do much of anything until you install a filter. I chose EasyList USA and haven't seen any type of ad anywhere on the internet since.

Put foxfire on here the other day. I'm liking it. It has a faster load than IE which is nice because we have a slower connection here.
Get'cha some of the slick add-ons, especially AdBlockPlus and the EasyList USA filter to go with it, which is updated constantly... Get Cooliris for a wonderful 3-D image and video search engine... Get CoolPreviews you'll love that for checking links without having to click on them... Ghostery, which notifies you about the invisible web elements contained in pages you're viewing, including web bugs, javascript libraries, counters, trackers, etc. and if you REALLY want a cool gadget, get TV-Fox which gives you hundreds of free TV channels around the world to watch right there on your computer.

Firefox has dozens of other add-ons, to find these I'm talking about and many more go tools>Add-ons in firefox.
I got these add-ons and video downloader. Cool stuff. I'll be playing with these until I get them all checked out and then go see what else is available. Have not tried out Cooliris yet. I'll scope it this evening and look at Ghostery. I have a 5 GB limitation every month so I'll have to pass on watching tv for now. If I manage to go over the the limit the bill is outrageous. Using Firefox it does not seem to be adding to that usage as fast as IE has in the past on watching a few videos thus far.

You have a monthly usage limitation on internet access?? I've never heard of that.

Extensions:
Adblcok Plus 1.02
CoolPreviews 2.7.0522
DownloadHelper 4.4.1

The spell check is there, you might have to "turn it on." To do so, highlight a word, then right click, choose "Check Spelling."

When it is working, mis-spelled words are underlined in red, ONLY in text entry boxes such as you use when writing a post.

Also, get TV-Fox if you wanna turn your computer into a digital TV with well over 400 free worldwide TV broadcasts!

On your AdBlockPlus, keep in mind it won't do much of anything until you install a filter. I chose EasyList USA and haven't seen any type of ad anywhere on the internet since.
Oh yeah TV-FOX good one, yes I installed the easylist USA filter. If I want to allow a popup for one site all the time How do I do that? I see the words in red now too. OH my GOSH.....my entire post is underlined in red now. :lol:

Well I tried to open up on Fox-TV Channel XL USA and a box came up saying to click to add plugin. But even clicking on the icon nothing happened....grrr I feel like such a newbie.

IMAGE WAS TOO BIG..DELETED IT for JB. :lol:

Last edited:
Well I tried to open up on Fox-TV Channel XL USA and a box came up saying to click to add plugin. But even clicking on the icon nothing happened....grrr I feel like such a newbie.
Looks like your Firefox installation needs the shockwave flash plug-in. All the new FF installations do. Get it the same way you got the add-ons, and then will probably require restart of the FF program.

BTW I adblocked your massive image you hotlinked, another great advantage of AdBlock. You can easily block anything you don't want to see whether it be ads or even images!

Looks like your Firefox installation needs the shockwave flash plug-in. All the new FF installations do. Get it the same way you got the add-ons, and then will probably require restart of the FF program.

BTW I adblocked your massive image you hotlinked, another great advantage of AdBlock. You can easily block anything you don't want to see whether it be ads or even images!
Thanks MM just corrected with ad of flash. I had it already and thought it transitioned to firefox but I guess not. *LOL*

Do I have to do the same for Java?

Do I have to do the same for Java?
I believe so.

FF maintains its integrity and security partly by not sharing anything with IE or other browsers.
Ok thanks MM, I'm having a few issues now with Firefox but not too worried about it now. I want to feel more comfortable with it first. Problem so far is sometimes THIS BOX to type in doesn't show up and when I copy a photobucket image link and then try to paste it here...it's not the same link but I think that could be with photobucket for I have to work with it a few more times to really figure it out.

Forum List

Back