Which state is the most fucked up politically?

ETA: I live in CA. I know first hand the toxic nature of the liberal agenda. That being said, it is not as much the politicians (or political shenanigans) that are doing the state in. It is the population of voters. They pretty much are getting what they ask for. You have the far lefties with a big voice, a huge union presence, and a population that depends on welfare for its existence.

Businesses have figured out that the policies are business-unfriendly, and are leaving. As are the people that are fed up paying for the radical left agenda.

To say that is "fucked up" isn't really accurate. I suppose the lobbying efforts put it right at the top of the list, but not all the way to the top, in my opinion. There isn't an abundance of shady dealings, because they are all open about what they are doing and what their agenda is. The voters are "fucked up" for believing that progressivism works.

The state of insanity and the other 7 states Obama's been to. They are so screwed up we don't know where they went or what they are doing.

Instead of using ideology driven lists, why not use a more extensive list of qualifiers?
That said, I will use Forbes list of the best to the worse based on quality of life.
Forbes worse states are as follows:

You call the freedom list "ideological," but then you post a list that is entirely subjective.

Why should anyone consider your list valid?

Is being able to let your 4 year old ride in the car unrestrained, a freedom? Is homeschooling your kid in only astrology and physic phenomenon, but never in math, biology or writing a freedom?

Yes, actually.

Freedom doesn't mean the right to do only what leftwing busybodies want you to do.

ETA: I live in CA. I know first hand the toxic nature of the liberal agenda. That being said, it is not as much the politicians (or political shenanigans) that are doing the state in. It is the population of voters. They pretty much are getting what they ask for. You have the far lefties with a big voice, a huge union presence, and a population that depends on welfare for its existence.

Businesses have figured out that the policies are business-unfriendly, and are leaving. As are the people that are fed up paying for the radical left agenda.

To say that is "fucked up" isn't really accurate. I suppose the lobbying efforts put it right at the top of the list, but not all the way to the top, in my opinion. There isn't an abundance of shady dealings, because they are all open about what they are doing and what their agenda is. The voters are "fucked up" for believing that progressivism works.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

California is hardly a liberal state. It is a state full of right wing populists and left wing progressives, with a few hybrid types (left wing populists ad right wing progressives).

The laws and regulations proposed in the few years I've been out here make my liberal blood boil.

The sad part is I see many respectable conservatives going along with the populists in California. :(

Is being able to let your 4 year old ride in the car unrestrained, a freedom? Is homeschooling your kid in only astrology and physic phenomenon, but never in math, biology or writing a freedom?

Yes, actually.

Freedom doesn't mean the right to do only what leftwing busybodies want you to do.

Libs can't stand the idea of anyone doing anything they don't approve of. That's why they seek to control all aspects of human behavior through regulation and taxes.

Read up on the Arizona legislature and the Fiesta Bowl or private prison lobbyists. Read about Maricopa County Sheriff/County Attorney and wrongful arrests, misuse of funds, wrongful prosecutions and abuse of power. I was including corruption.

Why should anyone waste their time reading about leftwing mudslinging and faux scandals? Most people in this country support Sheriff Arpaio. They understand the Stalinist media organs are out to get him.

Yes, actually.

Libs can't stand the idea of anyone doing anything they don't approve of. That's why they seek to control all aspects of human behavior through regulation and taxes.

:eek:

True!

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

We seek to destroy America and then the World!!!!!

bwahahahahahahahahahaha........:lol:

why yes of course, a state that has added over 700k jobs in the same era another has lost over 600k, of course thats the worst!:lol:

and I see that folks, in this economy are hung up on social issues....

hummmm, wye due dey hate da stavin weeddle chillen in da ekocimically jacked schtates?

My conclusion is that they used stats that fit their and your predetermined conclusions. Their summary of Arizona is way off. I scanned the report but read their conclusions. To have Arizona ranked 8th says all that needs to be said for their scholarship.

The data is apolitical and so are the conclusions. Like I said, if you are 'for' economic and personal freedom, you'll find the report to be accurate. Have a nice day.

From your link:

Maryland is the fifth least free state in the country. The state is 34th in economic freedom but a distant 50th in personal freedom. Maryland’s impositions on personal freedom include the second-strictest gun laws in the country, and marijuana laws are fairly harsh (except that the first offense of high-level possession is a misdemeanor, and there is a weak medical marijuana law), motorists’ freedoms are highly restricted, gambling laws are tight, home schooling laws are burdensome (curricula must be approved by the government), centralized land-use planning is very advanced, eminent domain abuse is totally unreformed, victimless crimes arrest rates are high, and civil unions are not recognized. On the plus side, taxes on beer, wine, and spirits are fairly low, and overall Maryland has one of the least restrictive alcohol control systems in the country. Surprisingly, the state has not enacted complete smoking bans yet. On economic regulation, the state has the usual left-ofcenter failings on labor law, but more strikingly it has the second-most health insurance mandates in the country (they add 67 percent to the cost).

Nothing political about this conclusion?
No, there is not. There are several issues in there from both sides of the isle. If you were not such a hack you might look at it objectively without jumping to a conclusion and MAKING the facts firt your worldview just because they are your states that are considered less free. They included:
Gun Laws
Marijuana laws
Gambling
Home Schooling
Land usage
Eminent domain
Victimless crimes
Gay rights
Alcohol
Taxes
Smoking bans
Unions
Healthcare

And you have no clue what apolitical is. Freedom, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This conclusion gives an overview of what the authors consider freedom. For example, what do they consider unrestricted motorist freedoms?

:lol: Uh, okay. Freedom is relative... Yes, I've heard that one before. Lemme find my shredder so you can put another copy of the Declaration of Independence through it. :thup:

Freedom is not a case of what you want other to be able to do and therefore not relative. Complete freedom lies in anarchy. OBVIOUSLY, complete freedom is not the best form of existence. Everyone acknowledges that you need to cede certain rights in order to form a society. I, for one, find that balance is WAY over the line in terms of far too many freedoms have been taken away but the liberals tend to think differently.

Forum List

Back