Which state is the most fucked up politically?

I love the freedom of the press and freedom of speech and religion. The only time liberals love freedom of speech is when you agree with them. The only time liberals love freedom of religion is when it pertains to Islam; otherwise, Christians are not allowed any freedoms if it can be helped.

And yet it's the only interesting part of that state.

If you are into booze and whores, yes.

I think the rest of south Louisiana is pretty cool, with Cajun culture and all.

New Orleans is one of my favourite cities anywhere.

But yeah, the political culture is pretty fucked up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-U4aVUNfk&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Ray Nagin confronted about NOLA scandal‬‏[/ame]

I put LA in the mix when someone posted ILL as being most corrupt. I asked if they ever lived in LA. Does Louisiana have "high gov't expenditures on failing schools, loads of regulations and taxes that "stick it" to business, and control over people's ability to defend themselves."? Mississippi wasn't mentioned either.

So the same conservatives who ran government from 2000-2006 and run the House today were thrifty?

Which "freedoms" do conservatives love?
A great case can be made that IL is the most corrupt. How many governors have gone to jail?
No, LA does not have those things. Neither does MS.

No conservatives ran the House from 2000 to 2006. And you are deflecting by bringing it up because you are losing this argument.

Conservatives ran the House from 1994 until 2006 and had a "Compassionate Conservative" in the Presidency from 2000-2008. They also ran the Senate for most of that time.

I can make a case for Louisiana being the most corrupt.

You never answered my question: "Which "freedoms" do conservatives love"?

I thought you took the moniker "The Rabbi" because of your debate skills and knowledge, but now I see the "t" just fell off.

Hop away.:razz:

Dennis HAstert was a conservative? WHo knew.
You have nothing except your own preconceptions and misinformation, which you keep slinging despite ample evidence to the contrary.

Hands down, California. Although others are just as bad in terms of polices, the economic scale of CA plus being ground zero for the illegal immigrant problem and Union Thuggery make it the worst.

Hands down, California. Although others are just as bad in terms of polices, the economic scale of CA plus being ground zero for the illegal immigrant problem and Union Thuggery make it the worst.

California should give up and secede from the Union so we don't have to bail their asses out.

Should Texas go as well, their deficit is a higher percentage of their budget than California's?

A great case can be made that IL is the most corrupt. How many governors have gone to jail?
No, LA does not have those things. Neither does MS.

No conservatives ran the House from 2000 to 2006. And you are deflecting by bringing it up because you are losing this argument.

LA has a long history of corruption.

Yes, it does. I went to LSU and lived in Slidell when I was very young when my Dad worked for NASA. The stories my Dad used to tell about the corruption were unbelievable.

How about the water in Slidell? Looks bad, taste bad, feels bad, smells incredibly bad and yet the locals will tell you it's great for you.

And yet it's the only interesting part of that state.

Don't fool yourself, New Orleans is south Louisiana.

Fuck you! The real South Louisiana has nothing to do with that shit hole. I'm from Louisiana originally and haven't been to New Orleans in over 30 years and you couldn't pay me to go for any reason short of Barry Soetoro being tarred and feathered in the Super Dome........ that might be worth setting foot in that slime pit. The food sucks, the music is a joke, the architecture is ugly and it's basically just a dump for ignorant tourist.

Fuck you! The real South Louisiana has nothing to do with that shit hole. I'm from Louisiana originally and haven't been to New Orleans in over 30 years and you couldn't pay me to go for any reason short of Barry Soetoro being tarred and feathered in the Super Dome........ that might be worth setting foot in that slime pit. The food sucks, the music is a joke, the architecture is ugly and it's basically just a dump for ignorant tourist.

Coming from someone who lives in Texas, that's priceless.

Too ashamed of where you live to list it ehh salt?

Too ashamed of where you live to list it ehh salt?

I live in Phoenix.

If the food sucks in New Orleans, it must be outstanding elsewhere. Where would you suggest someone dine in LA?

California should give up and secede from the Union so we don't have to bail their asses out.

Should Texas go as well, their deficit is a higher percentage of their budget than California's?

Texas doesn't have a State income tax or a capital gains tax. What they do have is a legislature and Governor who address and solve the deficit problem. The WSJ called Texas the job creation capital of the nation. It must be all of those Californians leaving to get a job in Texas.

Texas doesn't have a State income tax or a capital gains tax. What they do have is a legislature and Governor who address and solve the deficit problem. The WSJ called Texas the job creation capital of the nation. It must be all of those Californians leaving to get a job in Texas.

What have the legislature and governor done to reverse the mess they created?

If the food sucks in New Orleans, it must be outstanding elsewhere. Where would you suggest someone dine in LA?

Lafayette ...... that's where you'll find real Cajun food, not Creole crap from poser chefs like Paul Prudhomme or that hack Emeril......... it takes more than a dusting of Chile powder to make it Cajun. Never in my 57 years of eating and cooking Cajun food had I heard or tasted anything blackened until Prudhomme showed up.

T, CA isn't a welfare state.

They are one of the ones taking care of the dependent welfare states.

Forum List

Back