Which state is the most fucked up politically?

It depends on whether you like freedom (economic and personal) or not. If freedom is important to you, here's the bottom 10:

1. New York
2. New Jersey
3. Rhode Island
4. California
5. Maryland
6. Hawaii
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. Illinois
10. Connecticut

Which freedoms have the ten states you named removed?

It's all here:

Freedom in the
50 states
An index of personal and
economic freedom

Happy reading.

bf5qfr.gif

Unsurprising.

Seems odd that so many around here think Texas sucks. But the state is the only one who will pick up 4 new seats in Congress after the 2010 census, how do you explain that?

Seems odd that so many around here think Texas sucks. But the state is the only one who will pick up 4 new seats in Congress after the 2010 census, how do you explain that?

Salt will tell you Mexicans from CA.

I'm thinking that is probably not it, however.

That's the point I was trying to make. Righties say California, but Texas, Arizona and Nevada are in as bad shape. Lefties say Texas, Wisconsin or Arizona and overlook California or New York. Our answers, just like the OP'S link are all political.

I didnt see Louisiana mentioned once in this post? Why is that?

The reason is that leftists value things like high gov't expenditures on failing schools, loads of regulations and taxes that "stick it" to business, and control over people's ability to defend themselves.
Conservatives value things like thrift and freedom.

I put LA in the mix when someone posted ILL as being most corrupt. I asked if they ever lived in LA. Does Louisiana have "high gov't expenditures on failing schools, loads of regulations and taxes that "stick it" to business, and control over people's ability to defend themselves."? Mississippi wasn't mentioned either.

So the same conservatives who ran government from 2000-2006 and run the House today were thrifty?

Which "freedoms" do conservatives love?
A great case can be made that IL is the most corrupt. How many governors have gone to jail?
No, LA does not have those things. Neither does MS.

No conservatives ran the House from 2000 to 2006. And you are deflecting by bringing it up because you are losing this argument.

The reason is that leftists value things like high gov't expenditures on failing schools, loads of regulations and taxes that "stick it" to business, and control over people's ability to defend themselves.

I put LA in the mix when someone posted ILL as being most corrupt. I asked if they ever lived in LA. Does Louisiana have "high gov't expenditures on failing schools, loads of regulations and taxes that "stick it" to business, and control over people's ability to defend themselves."? Mississippi wasn't mentioned either.

So the same conservatives who ran government from 2000-2006 and run the House today were thrifty?

A great case can be made that IL is the most corrupt. How many governors have gone to jail?

No conservatives ran the House from 2000 to 2006. And you are deflecting by bringing it up because you are losing this argument.

LA has a long history of corruption.

Yes, it does. I went to LSU and lived in Slidell when I was very young when my Dad worked for NASA. The stories my Dad used to tell about the corruption were unbelievable.

No question.
Especially New Orleans where the Democratic Machine has held sway for generations.

No question.
Especially New Orleans where the Democratic Machine has held sway for generations.

And yet it's the only interesting part of that state.

Conservatives ran the House from 1994 until 2006 and had a "Compassionate Conservative" in the Presidency from 2000-2008. They also ran the Senate for most of that time.

I can make a case for Louisiana being the most corrupt.

You never answered my question: "Which "freedoms" do conservatives love"?

I thought you took the moniker "The Rabbi" because of your debate skills and knowledge, but now I see the "t" just fell off.

Hop away.:razz:

Yes, it does. I went to LSU and lived in Slidell when I was very young when my Dad worked for NASA. The stories my Dad used to tell about the corruption were unbelievable.

I use to work at Michoud Assembly Facility, use to take the Chalmette ferry to work each day.

Forum List

Back