Which side are you on?

Our labor unions are not narrow, self-seeking groups. They have raised wages, shortened hours and provided supplemental benefits. Through collective bargaining and grievance procedures, they have brought justice and democracy to the shop floor.

JOHN F. KENNEDY, speech, Aug. 30, 1960

Our labor unions are not narrow, self-seeking groups. They have raised wages, shortened hours and provided supplemental benefits. Through collective bargaining and grievance procedures, they have brought justice and democracy to the shop floor.

WOW! 51 years ago...the times have really changed.

In what respect?

I'm on the side that doesn't advocate using the government to mug other people in order to transfer their income and wealth to me.

so you are against farm and oil subsidies and tax breaks?

I was with you for farm and oil subsidies, but tax breaks are "using the government to mug other people in order to transfer their income and wealth to me?" Explain.:disbelief:

Last edited:

In what respect?

A person or organization does not get an Indulgence in Perpetuity for doing good things in the past. Nobody is saying that unions had no positive impact upon conditions for labor. Those accomplishments, however, were completed long ago; which leaves us in the present situation of the Dual Purpose of Extracting More regardless of productivity and funneling campaign dollars to the Dems to set up another transfer of More.

I am on the side that says it is immoral for a group of "moralist" to give the wealthy a huge tax break in one breath and then see them turn around and cry about the deficit and take the same amount away from those that really need it. I think you call that Hypocrisy?

But, the GOP and Tea Baggers have many more chances to shut down Government. I am sure they will pull out all cards. Whatever it takes to make themselves look completely moronic.

I'll side with the US Constitution.

until it no longer suits your purposes

Sorry bub, but that's your side's STRATEGERY.

my side?

which is my side.....?

i believe in equal rights and opportunities for gays, minorities, women, blacks
i believe in a strong military
i believe in a womans right to choose
i believe in a persons right to choose to smoke tobacco and/or pot
i believe big government should be friendlier to small businesses
i do NOT believe in equal distribution of the wealth
I DO believe in a fairer distribution of the wealth
i oppose the health care plan
I oppose ALL mandatory insurance
i hate communism AND fascism
I oppose welfare for life but support short term WORKFARE that includes education and training to get people OFF of welfare
I support public education but understand that mostly it needs fixing
I do NOT want government grants/subsidies for NPR, abortion, planned parenthood
I think these organization should stand on their own and I will gladly donate to them
I think all religions shoul be taxed
I think pot and prostitution should be legalized, regulated and taxed

so

which is my side?

the only thing I know for sure is that calif girl is a deranged hatefilled scumbag so I REFUSE to be on any side that would have her as a member

I'm on the side that wants this country to save itself from financial ruin. I don't think we will win.

which side is that?

as far as I can tell both sides are doing their best to ruin this country

then they spend their free time blaming the OTHER side

I'm on the side that doesn't advocate using the government to mug other people in order to transfer their income and wealth to me.

so you are against farm and oil subsidies and tax breaks?

I was with you for farm and oil subsidies, but tax breaks are "using the government to mug other people in order to transfer their income and wealth to me?" Explain.:disbelief:

i didn't mean for individuals. I meant for (large) corporations whose lobbyists get to write bills that give their employeer tax breaks and other advantages to keep the (smaller) competition down and out

How would Jesus vote?

funnyrepublicanjesus.jpg

we are all on our own sides....always have been, always will.....

'Tis better to be vile than vile esteemed,
When not to be receives reproach of being,
And the just pleasure lost which is so deemed
Not by our feeling but by others' seeing.
For why should others' false adulterate eyes
Give salutation to my sportive blood?
Or on my frailties why are frailer spies,
Which in their wills count bad what I think good?

No, I am that I am, and they that level
At my abuses reckon up their own;
I may be straight, though they themselves be bevel.
By their rank thoughts my deeds must not be shown,
Unless this general evil they maintain:
All men are bad, and in their badness reign.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back