Which religious belief system will lower my tax bill the most?

Your best bet is to become Amish.

It's been nice knowing you. We will miss you out here on the internet. Buh-bye.

they still kind of use electricity now

They don't believe in birth control, though. So this Supreme Court decision was good for them, too. And I doubt you'll catch them investing in a 401k which invests in big pharma.

Last edited:

I intend to convert to whichever is economically the most profitable.

I would think most business owners would do the same.

Buddhist Monks live tax free don't they ?

This is why it is a strange pairing Christians and Capitalism because capitalism doesn't want to feed the hungry or cure the sick. Comes with a cost.

If I had to pick I would want atheists running the country. They can't be fooled into going against what is right like stem cell research, gay rights, guns, global warming or fair taxation.

Forget "what's fair". That's an argument the rich want to make. What's right is the question. In the 50's the rich were still rich but they paid a much higher tax percentage. Then the 60's they paid a little less. Then the 70's and 80's and 90's, 2000's and 2010's they have paid lower and lower every decade.

And now we're broke and our infrastructure, prisons, schools, ss, medicare are all bankrupt and the debts still getting bigger. So the rich suckered religious people into voting against themselves financially. An atheist wouldn't appeal to the "what's right" argument because all that matters is what works.

Under Clinton, whatever the rich were paying, seemed to work. We had a surplus. Corporations didn't need or deserve the tax breaks Bush and the GOP have given them all these years. Forget rolling back Bush's tax breaks. Want to really fix America?

Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts | Common Dreams

This is why it is a strange pairing Christians and Capitalism because capitalism doesn't want to feed the hungry or cure the sick.

You must have been typing really fast. That's why you left out the word "government". Capitalism doesn't want government to feed the hungry or cure the sick.

Capitalism is perfectly okay with charities taking care of the poor and sick. And quite a few capitalists have been known to donate large sums to those charities. Quite a few capitalists, including myself, have created charities which help the hungry and sick.

Last edited:
Based on available evidence, it looks like being a Black Democrat will get rid of your tax bill the quickest of anything...and will get you a load of free stuff from people who do pay taxes, to boot.

Now, play the Race Card, but, the fact is...after 50 years of the Great Society and the War on Poverty...its still true.

This is why it is a strange pairing Christians and Capitalism because capitalism doesn't want to feed the hungry or cure the sick. Comes with a cost.

Actually the capitalism religionists believe if capitalism is left entirely unregulated, magically all of the disabled and sick will be taken care of by charity - and anyone who it doesn't take care, by definition - deserves what they get.

Based on available evidence, it looks like being a Black Democrat will get rid of your tax bill the quickest of anything...and will get you a load of free stuff from people who do pay taxes, to boot.

Now, play the Race Card, but, the fact is...after 50 years of the Great Society and the War on Poverty...its still true.

Black Democrat...

Obama doesn't pay taxes? :eek:

Atheist.

This is because they can solve problems without injecting God into the mix and can focus entirely on what needs to be fixed to lower tax bills instead of constantly being distracted by nonsensical social issues, political grandstanding and disseminating propaganda.

Logic + Reason = Solutions

Yeah, we have seen all kind of solutions lately. It appears we need to put God back into the mix. We couldn't do any worse.

BTW, the simple fact that one is an Atheist, pretty well belies your notion of logic and reason as one of their positive traits.

Actually the capitalism religionists believe if capitalism is left entirely unregulated, magically all of the disabled and sick will be taken care of by charity - and anyone who it doesn't take care, by definition - deserves what they get.

Aren't you overdue for a barn raising in Pennsylvania?

I believe in a happy medium. Unlike Democrats, I don't believe in making everyone a government dependent. I believe only those who are truly in need through no fault of their own should be a government dependent, and should not live in fear of their survival, ever.

Unlike Republicans, I don't believe all poor people are blood sucking leeches, or (schizophrenically) that there are no poor people in America.

A hardcore Libertarian believes private charities would carry the full load of the truly needy. But as one who has actually created and operated two faith-based charities, and who is familiar with American history, I know that would simply never happen.

I do believe, however, private charity can and should be the main provider for the truly needy.

Last edited:
This is why it is a strange pairing Christians and Capitalism because capitalism doesn't want to feed the hungry or cure the sick.

You must have been typing really fast. That's why you left out the word "government". Capitalism doesn't want government to feed the hungry or cure the sick.

Capitalism is perfectly okay with charities taking care of the poor and sick. And quite a few capitalists have been known to donate large sums to those charities. Quite a few capitalists, including myself, have created charities which help the hungry and sick.

Your charities suck. They take 80% for themselves and give 20%. Its a scam tax write off. And your charities aren't making a dent. Food pantries are empty. Start donating more guy.

This is exactly what the government is here for. When your churches and charities fail, and they have, then government should step in. This must mean you are against medicare and social security too. Am I correct?

You can't run a government if you don't believe in government. And we certainly shouldn't be putting CEO's in the White House because you don't run a country like you do a corporation. How do you make a profit on your citizens? And paying taxes isn't unpatriotic stupid. Its how we fund our government. Your side didn't just tell us government is bad, they proved it.

Atheist.

This is because they can solve problems without injecting God into the mix and can focus entirely on what needs to be fixed to lower tax bills instead of constantly being distracted by nonsensical social issues, political grandstanding and disseminating propaganda.

Logic + Reason = Solutions

Yeah, we have seen all kind of solutions lately. It appears we need to put God back into the mix. We couldn't do any worse.

BTW, the simple fact that one is an Atheist, pretty well belies your notion of logic and reason as one of their positive traits.

I can dig it......especially since the American 'rule of law' is rooted in Judeo-Christian principles.

Isn't it funny poor southerners vote GOP over god, gays, guns and racism and the fact is they take in more federal aid than they pay in federal taxes. More so than blue states.

Delaware residents, who voted overwhelmingly for President Barack Obama in 2012, get 50 cents in federal funding for every $1 in federal income taxes they pay.

Mississippi — 55.5% for Mitt Romney — cashes in with $3.07 in federal funding for every dollar paid in income taxes.

Red Red Red Necks :eusa_whistle:

Your charities suck. They take 80% for themselves and give 20%. Its a scam tax write off. And your charities aren't making a dent. Food pantries are empty. Start donating more guy.

As I said, I have started and operated two faith-based charities. And 100 percent of our donations went directly to the people we serve. This was the core principle of both charities, and a condition of my continued participation.

Not one cent of donations was spent on overhead. We administrators paid all overhead out of our own pockets.

And one of the charities was un-registered with the government. So no donations were tax deductible. And yet both charities received the same amount of donations.

Try again.

Last edited:

If I had to pick I would want atheists running the country. They can't be fooled into going against what is right like stem cell research, gay rights, guns, global warming or fair taxation.

Forget "what's fair". That's an argument the rich want to make. What's right is the question. In the 50's the rich were still rich but they paid a much higher tax percentage. Then the 60's they paid a little less. Then the 70's and 80's and 90's, 2000's and 2010's they have paid lower and lower every decade.

And now we're broke and our infrastructure, prisons, schools, ss, medicare are all bankrupt and the debts still getting bigger. So the rich suckered religious people into voting against themselves financially. An atheist wouldn't appeal to the "what's right" argument because all that matters is what works.

Under Clinton, whatever the rich were paying, seemed to work. We had a surplus. Corporations didn't need or deserve the tax breaks Bush and the GOP have given them all these years. Forget rolling back Bush's tax breaks. Want to really fix America?

Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts | Common Dreams

Our debt was still growing under clinton.

Food pantries are empty these days because of the economic crash, not because of a lack of generosity.

I joke sometimes that Republicans must love poor people since they make so many of them...

If our tax burden was lower, which it would considerably be if we discontinued the practice of making everyone a government dependent, we would all have a lot more money in our pockets and thus more money to support charities.

Why does the OP care about what religion will lower their taxes when they pray and worship the far left religion. They get their free money and do not have to produce anything. They get their internet and Obama phones. They are also in the bottom 5% of the tax bracket.

So if the OP does not want to pay any taxes, just don't pay them. No need for religion, just don't pay!

sealybobo, one of the selling points in my pitch to donors was that when you donate money to a large national organization, you have no idea where you money goes. Our charity, on the other hand, was local and we reported down to the last penny where our donors' money went. Medical bills, rent, food, utility bills, cancer treatments, wheelchairs, etc. This was a huge selling point, and our donors were never displeased with our operation.

We also made it a point of pride that anyone was welcome to come and open our books and examine them. And we meant anyone in the local area, whether they were a donor or not.

We were immensely successful beyond my wildest dreams because we guarded our integrity to the extremes, and we did very thorough due diligence to ensure those we were helping were in dire straits through no fault of their own.

You are badly jaundiced, dude.

Last edited:

Isn't it funny poor southerners vote GOP over god, gays, guns and racism and the fact is they take in more federal aid than they pay in federal taxes. More so than blue states.

Delaware residents, who voted overwhelmingly for President Barack Obama in 2012, get 50 cents in federal funding for every $1 in federal income taxes they pay.

Mississippi — 55.5% for Mitt Romney — cashes in with $3.07 in federal funding for every dollar paid in income taxes.

Red Red Red Necks :eusa_whistle:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mississippi has the largest percentage of Black population in the nation, and that is where most of the Federal money goes. But, Blacks in the South are making progress. A Black middle class has formed and is thriving. Plenty of Blacks in the South have escaped poverty.

It is in the rotting cities of the North that they are forever trapped---by various Democratic Keep-Them-Dependent strategies---starting with Teachers Unions (all Democrats) which keep them illiterate.

Forum List

Back