Which religious belief system will lower my tax bill the most?

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Which religious belief system will lower my tax bill the most?

I intend to convert to whichever is economically the most profitable.

I would think most business owners would do the same.

Your best bet is to become Amish.

It's been nice knowing you. We will miss you out here on the internet. Buh-bye.

Atheist.

This is because they can solve problems without injecting God into the mix and can focus entirely on what needs to be fixed to lower tax bills instead of constantly being distracted by nonsensical social issues, political grandstanding and disseminating propaganda.

Logic + Reason = Solutions

Last edited:
Atheist.

This is because they can solve problems without injecting God into the mix and can focus entirely on what needs to be fixed to lower tax bills instead of constantly being distracted by nonsensical social issues, political grandstanding and disseminating propaganda.

How does that save on taxes? :cuckoo:

Amish and Menonite are not required to participate in the Social Security system....

Only if they are self-employed. If they have employees, they must pay payroll taxes for their employees.

So OohPooPahDoo should become a self-employed Amish. That's his best bet, tax-wise.

But he will have to give up the internet.

I think it would be a fair trade-off for all of us if he became Amish.

Last edited:

I think I'm going to start a new religion then. We will be exactly like the Amish in all beliefs that lower our tax liability - and exactly like secular Americans in all other ways.

Atheist.

You do realize logic and reason are the same thing, right?

And if we fixed those evil "social issues" we a majority of the problems would already be fixed.

I think I'm going to start a new religion then. We will be exactly like the Amish in all beliefs that lower our tax liability - and exactly like secular Americans in all other ways.

good luck with that.

Ever think of just asking God what religion you should be? Or does He not factor into any of your planning?

You will have to spend years to qualify for tax exemptions. You have to be officially recognized as a religion.

It took Scientology decades to become tax exempt.

It will be much quicker for you to just become Amish.

You are going to have to demonstrate you have real dedication to your faith.

Buh-bye.

Be sure to have a mobile ferris wheel, a mobile Tilt-A-Whirl and a kiddie bounce house, too. :badgrin:

"Religious belief systems"? The concept is simple enough. All we ask is that fascists regimes do not force companies and religious institutions to pay for contraceptives or abortions for their employees.

Atheist.

How does that save on taxes? :cuckoo:

By electing, atheists and agnostics into Congress.

If you really want to save on taxes immediately, start a Megachurch. Tax free living and you will be rolling in a Bentley after your first year. :)

http://thegospelcoalition.org/article/how-much-money-do-megachurch-pastors-make/

The Takeaways: Some of the more interesting findings from the study include:

•Total cash compensation (including allowances for housing) for senior pastors ranged from $85,000 to more than $265,000, though the majority of the salaries cluster around the $100,000 to $140,000 range.
•The most influential factor in setting staff salaries is a church's size, measured by its budget and worship attendance.
•Senior pastor salaries in very large churches tend to rise with increased size of attendance. • The highest paid geographic region was the South, followed by West, and Northeast. The lowest was Midwest.
•The highest salaries were for churches located in an older residential area in the city, followed closely by those in an older suburb around the city, followed by those in a downtown or central area of the city. The lowest were those churches located in a newer suburb around the city.
•For each additional 1,000 people in attendance, annual salary increases by roughly $8,000 on average for large church senior pastors.
•Founding pastors are paid $515 more per year than successor pastors, excluding outliers and controlling for church size and length of tenure.
•The second-highest-paid person in churches is most often generically described as the executive pastor. This #2 person typically receives 66% of the salary amount received by the senior pastor.
•Being a multisite church does not favorably increase salaries for the senior pastor.

Last edited:
Amish and Menonite are not required to participate in the Social Security system....

Only if they are self-employed. If they have employees, they must pay payroll taxes for their employees.

So OohPooPahDoo should become a self-employed Amish. That's his best bet, tax-wise.

But he will have to give up the internet.

I think it would be a fair trade-off for all of us if he became Amish.

If the employees are Amish they don't pay either.....

Hopefully Opidopey can find an ordnung that will accept him...:lol:

Atheist.

No.

Not exactly.

Reason is the application of logic.

And if we fixed those evil "social issues" we a majority of the problems would already be fixed.

Agreed let gays marry and have Government sponsored abortions for any female who wants one, no questions asked. Less unwanted babies. More happily married couples to adopted the remaining unwanted babies.

Payroll tax payers carry the heaviest tax burden. Amish & Wallstreet don't pay Payroll tax. Instead of drawing a salary just do like Wallstreet and use carried interest to avoid income tax & payroll tax.

The Order of Humorless Assholes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6WjhzzEHmE]monks hitting themselves - YouTube[/ame]

Atheist.

No.

Not exactly.

Reason is the application of logic.

C'mon, hazlnut: for once, be real, and tell us where you cut and pasted that from.

We all know that you don't yourself know that. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back