Which Party Put The First KKK Member On The Supreme Court?

That too has nothing to do with conservatives starting the KKK.

Fascist started the KKK look that up too:thup:
I agree some were definitely fascists. Glad you finally see the light.

fas·cist
ˈfaSHəst/
noun
  1. 1.
    an advocate or follower of fascism.
    synonyms: authoritarian, totalitarian, autocrat, extreme right-winger, rightist;

Liberty loving conservatives are centrists unlike the far leftist totalitarian communist nutjobs. You know gets me ? Black people dont demand reparations for Blacks from the "Democratic" Party. they are the same party, they never folded and became something else. They should be bankrupted and put out of business for what they did to black people
Why should they demand reparations from only the Dems? The entire country benefited from slavery dems and repubs alike.
The Republican party was not even formed until about 10 years BEFORE the civil war. You going to punish a party born to fight slavery?
No one is getting punished. Slavery benefited the US. The US should pay what they owe. Are you being punished when you got to the store to but groceries and you give them money?

fas·cist
ˈfaSHəst/
noun
  1. 1.
    synonyms: authoritarian, totalitarian, autocrat, extreme right-winger, rightist;

Liberty loving conservatives are centrists unlike the far leftist totalitarian communist nutjobs. You know gets me ? Black people dont demand reparations for Blacks from the "Democratic" Party. they are the same party, they never folded and became something else. They should be bankrupted and put out of business for what they did to black people
Why should they demand reparations from only the Dems? The entire country benefited from slavery dems and repubs alike.
The Republican party was not even formed until about 10 years BEFORE the civil war. You going to punish a party born to fight slavery?
No one is getting punished. Slavery benefited the US. The US should pay what they owe. Are you being punished when you got to the store to but groceries and you give them money?
Given America inherited slavery where is that English money?
Given whites were slaves FIRST where is THEIR money?

fas·cist
ˈfaSHəst/
noun
  1. 1.
    an advocate or follower of fascism.Slavery in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia synonyms: authoritarian, totalitarian, autocrat, extreme right-winger, rightist;

Are you saying indentured servitude is the equivalent of slavery? Under that system people could pay off their debts and end their "contract" to work off that debt. You are not being clear on the issue of White slavery and how the Brits were responsible for it. Having funded the colony expeditions and settlements in the New World, It would seem reasonable for the royals to expect a return on that investment. Taxation without Representation was one worthy issue to complain about but it was not tantamount to chattel slavery.

According to Wiki-pedia slavery existed in the colonies from the onset but the article does not elaborate on whether those in bondage were White or Black. The article does suggest that even from the earliest days of colonization slavery was associated with Africans, NOT White people. Also, in the same narrative implies that earlier forms of "slavery" in the colonies was somehow less restrictive than Chattel Slavery. During that era Blacks and Whites seemed to intermingle freely both socially as well as sexually.

Interestingly, after the revolutionary war, you would expect the colonists to have a deeper and abiding respect for freedom. That wasn't the case. Instead, especially in the agrarian southern colonies, chattel slavery erupted with all deliberation and haste; it was the African who suffered.

Are you saying indentured servitude is the equivalent of slavery? Under that system people could pay off their debts and end their "contract" to work off that debt. You are not being clear on the issue of White slavery and how the Brits were responsible for it. Having funded the colony expeditions and settlements in the New World, It would seem reasonable for the royals to expect a return on that investment. Taxation without Representation was one worthy issue to complain about but it was not tantamount to chattel slavery.

According to Wiki-pedia slavery existed in the colonies from the onset but the article does not elaborate on whether those in bondage were White or Black. The article does suggest that even from the earliest days of colonization slavery was associated with Africans, NOT White people. Also, in the same narrative implies that earlier forms of "slavery" in the colonies was somehow less restrictive than Chattel Slavery. During that era Blacks and Whites seemed to intermingle freely both socially as well as sexually.

Interestingly, after the revolutionary war, you would expect the colonists to have a deeper and abiding respect for freedom. That wasn't the case. Instead, especially in the agrarian southern colonies, chattel slavery erupted with all deliberation and haste; it was the African who suffered.
The first white slaves to America were brought by the English as they cleaned their ghettos. The first white slaves to the world were captured by Africans and shipped all over.

The African slave trade of whites is even older then this country.

The first white slaves to America were brought by the English as they cleaned their ghettos. The first white slaves to the world were captured by Africans and shipped all over.

The African slave trade of whites is even older then this country.

In post #123, I was somewhat skeptical of the use of "slave" when applied to White colonists. Further research on my part indicates there may be more to that whitewashed term "indentured servant" than I thought possible. One very racist site illustrates the plight of White indentured servants in graphic detail comparing it to Black chattel slavery. Looking around for less passion and possibly less embellishment in regards to this topic, I found similar accounts of the "White Slavery phenomenon" here. I was aware that White Slavery existed before American was discovered and that North Africans ( Arabs) were deeply involved. However, the op is not about slavery at all. It is a discussion about the old Democrats and the KKK. Interesting conversation, though!

The party opposed slavery for white economic opportunity not to free slaves. Check theprty platforms of 1856 and 1860. In 1856, the issue was to prohibit slavery in the territories.

Republican Party Platforms Republican Party Platform of 1856
Republican Party Platforms Republican Party Platform of 1860

There seems to have been myriad reasons for ending slavery. Those you cited are valid but there are more.
Abolitionists opposed slavery on religious grounds. I am not sure that the Quakers , for instance, were Republicans but they seem to have had a strong political influence in emancipating slaves. The line in the sand was drawn literally at the southern border of the Quaker state, Pennsylvania. I am inclined to believe that the custom of Baptizing slaves by the Spanish was also instrumental in stirring Christians to action.

wiki-pedia said:
The first 19 or so Africans arrived ashore near the English colony of Jamestown, Virginia, in 1619, brought by Dutch traders who had seized them from a captured Spanish slave ship. The Spanish usually baptized slaves in Africa before embarking them. As English law considered baptized Christians exempt from slavery, these Africans were treated as indentured servants who joined about 1,000 English indentured servants already in the colony. They were freed after a prescribed period and given the use of land and supplies by their former masters.

Though scholars such as Eugene Genovese's argued that slavery was a moribund, inefficient system that was only kept because of cultural reasons, Robert Fogeland Stanley Engerman, in their controversial 1974 book Time on the Cross, argued that the rate of return of slavery at the market price was close to 10 percent, a number close to investment in other assets. Fogel's 1989 work, Without Consent or Contract The Rise and Fall of American Slavery, elaborated on the moral indictment of slavery which ultimately led to its abolition.
According to Wiki-pedia

Last edited:
Most of the Republicans would rather have the African Americans removed from the country, emancipated or not, so that they were not competitors for free white labor.

"Democratic" anti liberty party is the KKK you must be proud:thup:
That too has nothing to do with conservatives starting the KKK.

fas·cist
ˈfaSHəst/
noun
  1. 1.

Punished? the Democratic party as an entity should have been eradicated long ago.the Democratic gave us Jim Crowe and party prolonged discrimination against black people. Liberty loving constitutionalism and the people who pushes it, is what end slavery .Certainly not leftist who subjugate everyone to government tyranny

Most of the Republicans would rather have the African Americans removed from the country, emancipated or not, so that they were not competitors for free white labor.

the Competitors for American jobs are being imported by the leftist scumbags.We want jobs for Americans not foreigners. Funny idiots like "Little Dick Durbin" think legalizing illegals is the same as freeing the Slaves. What a moron, people this stupid should be barred from holding political office

You are acting loony again, jroc.

We are talking about the GOP of the 1850s to 1860.

Stay on track, please.

Stay on track, please.

The tyranny of the leftist in federal government is ongoing and increasing thanks in part to idiots like yourself. As i said black unemployment is high. Black teenage unemployment is very high, but you leftist think it a great idea to import more workers displacing Americans

Well, I don't know about that! In the early 1820s and 1830s the ACS ( American Colonization Society) was formed expressly for "repatriating" Blacks to Africa. The ACS was a coalition of slave holders, Quakers and others who preferred repatriation to Africa rather emancipation. Slaveholders were probably more likey to be Democrats back then.

Stay on track, please.

The tyranny of the leftist in federal government is ongoing and increasing thanks in part to idiots like yourself. As i said black unemployment is high. Black teenage unemployment is very high, but you leftist think it a great idea to import more workers displacing Americans
You are trolling the thread. Reported.

Focus on the bolded part.

Focus on the bolded part.

I'm focused on the current reality. What are you focused on? Did you take your medication today?

Stay on track, please.

You are trolling the thread. Reported.

"Which Party Put The First KKK Member On The Supreme Court?"

The OP has been addressed, thoroughly.

Jroc, if you wish to post a thread about illegal immigration and our economy, go ahead.

Or continued to be reported for trolling.

JQ, white indentured servitude was awful. Aproximately 70,000 of 110,000 died before their contracts were up.

However, those who survived their contracts were given their 'dues' and mostly moved into the back country.

The 250,000 blacks who were brought to the North American colonies could only be freed by their masters, and thus the color 'black' became associated with racial slavery.

A few blacks were slave masters, and Darkfury cannot show that they were even 1 of every 5000.

Utah had slavery in the territorial constitution for white and blacks until the 13th Amendment ended all slavery.

To equate general slavery with Negro chattel slavery in America is ludicrous.

The OP has been addressed, thoroughly.

Jroc, if you wish to post a thread about illegal immigration and our economy, go ahead.

Or continued to be reported for trolling.

JQ, white indentured servitude was awful. Aproximately 70,000 of 110,000 died before their contracts were up.

However, those who survived their contracts were given their 'dues' and mostly moved into the back country.

The 250,000 blacks who were brought to the North American colonies could only be freed by their masters, and thus the color 'black' became associated with racial slavery.

A few blacks were slave masters, and Darkfury cannot show that they were even 1 of every 5000.

Utah had slavery in the territorial constitution for white and blacks until the 13th Amendment ended all slavery.

To equate general slavery with Negro chattel slavery in America is ludicrous.
In addition I may add that the vast majority of that small amount of Black slave owners actually owned their family members.

About the only thing the KKK from then has in common with the KKK of today is that they're primarily Christian Conservatives.

Forum List

Back