which parts of leviticus should we follow

You all need to read your bible..

And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. Luke 16:17

Passage Matthew 5:18-19:

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Correct me if I am wrong.. But the two of those says the old law still applies..

The bible is so confusing..

A man must marry and have relations with his dead brother’s wife (Deuteronomy 25:5-6).

Tattoos are anathema: (“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh on account of the dead or tattoo any marks upon you. I am the Lord”--Leviticus 19:28) Despite this teaching I manage to see Mexican Catholics daily with tattoos of the Virgin Mary, Jesus or a set of praying hands on their forearms and shoulder blades.

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Oh there is some sick shit here!! Whooo!! Sex slaves!! I hope she is legal age..

Christians are not supposed to plan or prepare. God will provide (“Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or that ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on... Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, not gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feedth them. Are ye not much better than they?” --Matthew 6:25-34 & Luke 12:22-31 inclusive). I see Christian conservatives plot on a daily basis how to screw their employees so they can reap more profits.

Whoa!! That is NT too..

Last edited:

And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. Luke 16:17

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Correct me if I am wrong.. But the two of those says the old law still applies..

A man must marry and have relations with his dead brother’s wife (Deuteronomy 25:5-6).

Tattoos are anathema: (“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh on account of the dead or tattoo any marks upon you. I am the Lord”--Leviticus 19:28) Despite this teaching I manage to see Mexican Catholics daily with tattoos of the Virgin Mary, Jesus or a set of praying hands on their forearms and shoulder blades.

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Oh there is some sick shit here!! Wooo!! Sex slaves!! I hope she is legal age..

Christians are not supposed to plan or prepare. God will provide (“Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or that ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on... Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, not gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feedth them. Are ye not much better than they?” --Matthew 6:25-34 & Luke 12:22-31 inclusive). I see Christian conservatives plot on a daily basis how to screw their employees so they can reap more profits.

Whoa!! That is NT too..

If you buy a bag of apples, and when you get home you find a couple bad ones. Do you toss out the whole bag or just the bad ones? don't judge all christians by what the appearance of a few.

Whoa!! That is NT too..

If you buy a bag of apples, and when you get home you find a couple bad ones. Do you toss out the whole bag or just the bad ones? don't judge all christians by what the appearance of a few.

I get what your saying.. But I was refering to the bible and what is says.. As for Christians.. Well.. Pat Robertson speaks for them.. Or at least no christians to my knowlege has come out and spoken against Pat Robertson.. Which to me is silent approval.. If I disagree with Obama or any leader for that matter.. I will have no problem telling them so..

Whoa!! That is NT too..

I get what your saying.. But I was refering to the bible and what is says.. As for Christians.. Well.. Pat Robertson speaks for them.. Or at least no christians to my knowlege has come out and spoken against Pat Robertson.. Which to me is silent approval.. If I disagree with Obama or any leader for that matter.. I will have no problem telling them so..

yes when a person (claiming to be a christian) views causes someone to stumble, then other christian should reprimand them and not keep quite.

yes when a person (claiming to be a christian) views causes someone to stumble, then other christian should reprimand them and not keep quite.

I have spoken out against him many times and I agree with you about causing others to stumble.

I do not believe that reprimanding him would do a darned bit of good. Remember he IS more "christlike" than the rest of us, or at least he believes he is.

I have not kept quiet about this issue or others, but have no idea what you mean by keeping quite. ;) :lol:

Immie

"which parts of leviticus should we follow"

All of it. In the same note that is meant for each individual personally to follow, the Ten commandments still apply always and forever. Search out your own heart and kill those things within yourself that are an abomination to God. Pretty simple really.

Generally most Believers do know and/or understand what that "Personal relationship" means personal/self examination.

"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand. I and [my] Father are one."

The Ten Commandments do not apply along with everything else in the OT regarding atonement with God for Christians. There is a reason why it is called the OLD Testament. Plus, Heb 8:13 specifically states it no longer applies. The fundamental flaw in your claim is not realizing atonement with God cannot be achieved by our actions. It is Grace alone.

Kind of odd you understand this and you are so screwed up in so many other ways

"which parts of leviticus should we follow"

All of it. In the same note that is meant for each individual personally to follow, the Ten commandments still apply always and forever. Search out your own heart and kill those things within yourself that are an abomination to God. Pretty simple really.

Generally most Believers do know and/or understand what that "Personal relationship" means personal/self examination.

"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one."

The Ten Commandments do not apply along with everything else in the OT regarding atonement with God for Christians. There is a reason why it is called the OLD Testament. Plus, Heb 8:13 specifically states it no longer applies. The fundamental flaw in your claim is not realizing atonement with God cannot be achieved by our actions. It is Grace alone.
Thinking that Grace shall save anyone from being cursed that turns back or at will continually covers one who continues in these things knowing it is wrong and continually does evil is very flawed.

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mark 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he saidunto them , Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell......

If you will notice that Jesus was more stringent than even the law states as He states even the thought is in error.

Who is the body of Christ but the members thereof that are His followers. If you wish to subject yourself to such you shall be cutoff. That is the way it works.

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?" And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or [whether] I speak of myself. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law?"
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

"But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed."

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:

Now back to the original question. Which parts of Leviticus should we follow? Each and every portion of these things in your own personal life that is an abomination to God should be cut off by you personally in your own life. If you are going to follow Jesus you should deny your own lusts of the flesh whatever they may be and follow HIM. Paul said, I die daily. Each day Paul died to his own fleshly desires and lived for Jesus Christ. If you so desire to live to flesh desire against what has been deemed unacceptable to God then you shall suffer the woes that comes along with it. Again very simple. You choose personally what your life shall be. If you desire to overcome by the Lord Jesus Christ then you follow Him. You personally work each and every day to avoid the pitfalls of the flesh desires that work against what God has deem and has had written that are an abomination before HIM. You do not use that grace He has given to perform your own desires. Even as Jesus told the woman that came to HIM that was going to be stoned for adultry, "Neither do I condemn thee, Go and and sin no more."

Hebrews 10:26-29
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Following Leviticus to the Tee will lead to societal dissolution. That is, you will lose peoples interest in following the laws that keeps the community together.

It does not take much imagination to understand why. First, assume this about humans--we are capable of both great good and evil. Now add in the following concept that "No man is so good that he is without fault" and Viola--Everybody must die!!

we all know that the gay people get a rough time due to Leviticus but I think Christians aren't following jesus properly b/c I have yet to see someone stoned for blaspheming the lord as instructed here:

Leviticus 24:16 - Passage*Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

I think Christians either need to start stoning people to do death or they need to stop picking on gays, otherwise they are hypocrites.

If you think Leviticus is the sum total whole of the Bible, standing by itself, then may you be judged by it.
If in case you may realize that you have not a clue what you are talking about I would suggest that you look in the mirror and see that you were given 2 ears and one mouth. Apparently the 2 have atrophied.

we all know that the gay people get a rough time due to Leviticus but I think Christians aren't following jesus properly b/c I have yet to see someone stoned for blaspheming the lord as instructed here:

I think Christians either need to start stoning people to do death or they need to stop picking on gays, otherwise they are hypocrites.

If you think Leviticus is the sum total whole of the Bible, standing by itself, then may you be judged by it.
If in case you may realize that you have not a clue what you are talking about I would suggest that you look in the mirror and see that you were given 2 ears and one mouth. Apparently the 2 have atrophied.

in other words you have nothing

All this uncovering nakedness is just a preview for the hottest law of all, the No. 1, all-time favorite, top-of-the-pops Bible verse for social conservatives: Leviticus 18:22.

"Do not lie with a male as one lies with a woman; it is an abhorrence."

A lot of ink, and probably some blood, has been spilled about the meaning of this verse. I can't count the number of times I've heard religious conservatives cite it in their condemnation of homosexuality. On the flip side, I once listened to my rabbi hold forth about the word "abhorrence" (sometimes translated as "abomination")—he argued that it actually had a much milder meaning than, well, "abhorrence." Despite his impassioned argument, I don't think gay-rights supporters are going to get very far in trying to minimize or deny the Bible's opposition to homosexuality. There is no Brokeback Mount Sinai. This verse, plus a similar verse in Chapter 20 mandating death for gay sex between men, plus the destruction of Sodom—the Bible is crystal clear about male homosexuality. (Lesbian sex isn't mentioned in the Torah.) So, how should Bible-loving gay-rights supporters rebut Leviticus 18:22? A stronger argument, perhaps, is to point out all the other things the Bible is equally clear about: The death penalty for gay sex, yes—but also the death penalty for cursing your parents, the death penalty for violating Sabbath, exile for sex with a menstruating woman, etc. … Turn the Bible-quoting back on the social conservatives: Why do they fixate on the abhorrent gay sex and not the abhorrent menstrual sex, or parent cursing, or Sabbath-violating?

Leviticus on slavery—worse than I imagined. (1) - By David Plotz - Slate Magazine

:lol:

Are there any groups promoting "abhorrent menstrual sex, or parent cursing, or Sabbath-violating" as perfectly normal and healthy and NOT sinful?

Only more hope than a fool that gets stuck in Leviticus or worse, attempts to manipulate the truth to justify selfish acts.

I make it an effort to follow most of it. Some of it you can't follow because it's impossible as the temple no longer exists, slavery is no longer legal (a good thing of course), neither is polygamy, and Yahshuah preached against divorce and remarriage, (though he didn't preach against concubines or "common law" marriage which I find interesting). Personally I see the law as man's guide to how he is SUPPOSED to behave. The law is very helpful in conducting everyday life and the Proverbs are extremely wise and very inspirational. The kosher diet is also much healthier, even though I've been so tempted by "crawlfish" being from down south.

I can't tell you how many problems I've avoided though in life because I've read the Book of Proverbs and make an effort to follow the Law of Moses in my personal life, and I'm really not that religious.

"he didn't preach against concubines or "common law" marriage" I believe He spoke with authority against lewd and perverse behavior. I believe that covers the above as well as homosexuality.

if leviticus is canceled out why do the Christians still use it to bash gay people?

people will always bash other people, they use what ever tool they can.

if homosexuals request information on where homosexuality is mentioned in the Bible, Leviticus is the first mentioned: it states very clearly that a man using another man 'as a woman'..., there is no doubt that it translates directly to homosexuality. Sodom, another specific example of homosexuality running 'unchecked' in a community. In the NT, there are references to lewd and perverse behavior (this is about homosexuality, pornography, or any sexual behavior that is not shared between a married couple in a 'loving' way). Christians point out that homosexual behaviour IS sinful. The homosexuals cry that they are being bashed; they say their behavior is not sinful. It is a disagreement. The Christians use the Bible to point out specific examples that say it IS sinful (I know of no Christians suggesting homosexuals should be put to death for committing this sin), and want homosexuals to realize that through Yeshua, there is a way to stop sinful behavior and improve as a human. The homosexuals that believe Christians 'are out to get them' are not listening to the message and just want to have society go 'their' way.

The Ten Commandments were given to the israelites by G*d on their request. They could not use reason to follow Him. Leviticus was written for those that were trying to 'beat' the laws. Rulers and laws have changed. The Ten Commandments still stand as a testament of rules of JUSTICE (if everyone obeyed them, there would be no need for any other laws).

The REAL reason homosexuals get a 'rough' time is because many deny the Lord's word. The homosexuals that say homosexuality is not a sin, goes directly against Biblical references saying that it is. When the homosexuals (saying it is not sinful) are called out and shown the specifics, they want to cry they are being persecuted. The people that are declaring homosexuality is not a sin, are teaching AGAINST G*d's word and Yeshua's teachings. No practicing Christian would silently let that stand, to do so, would be a sin on 'their' soul.
Then the homosexuals (that declare themselves not sinful) change the subject and try to lecture on the other sins (that they do not see spoken of, as publicly). I say to them, read the Bible, it tells you not to do the sins, ask for forgiveness, repent, and to sin no more (only possible with G*d's grace). If you want to judge Christians, try going to church and listening to the message (Gospel); you will find most churches teach more about those other sins, more than they teach against homosexuality (the other sins are more of a temptation to most of the population).
You will not find practicing Christians saying that: adultery, pornography, stealing, bearing false witness is NOT sinful behavior. Why are you surprised when they treat homosexuality the same way?

Forum List

Back