CDZ Which do you choose and why?

There's a stark lacking of good discussion topics on this board. So I thought I'd just throw a philosophy question out there, since I, and I'm sure many others, have zero desire to participate in many of the other useless threads, just uttering nonsense.

2 part scenario question. 1st scenario: you're the conductor of a train, there are 5 people ahed of you on the tracks that you will hit unless you switch tracks, which will cause you to hit one person. What do you do and why.

2nd scenario:You are observing the conductor from a bridge over the tracks. You notice he isn't paying attention, and there are 5 people he's about to hit, unless you can get his attention in time to switch tracks, where no one is standing. The only way to do this is to push an innocent bystander off the bridge onto the engine, that will alert the conductor about the oncoming people...what do you do?
I believe the insurance co would say dont switch tracks because then the liability lies with you if you have followed all regs on approach....

It's a hypothetical, insurance companies don't exist. What would YOU do in this scenario. And why does everyone skip the second scenario.

Because it's a matter of life and death if they looked like this I would just run her over

Pelosi-ZombiePicture_zps38d228a8.jpg
Odds are high damn high five people stupid enough to walk on rail track vote Democrat.
There comes a time when you just have to let the stupid go. You would be saving the lives of five people who think they are smart enough to tell you how to live.

Now who looks stupid?

There's a stark lacking of good discussion topics on this board. So I thought I'd just throw a philosophy question out there, since I, and I'm sure many others, have zero desire to participate in many of the other useless threads, just uttering nonsense.

2 part scenario question. 1st scenario: you're the conductor of a train, there are 5 people ahed of you on the tracks that you will hit unless you switch tracks, which will cause you to hit one person. What do you do and why.

2nd scenario:You are observing the conductor from a bridge over the tracks. You notice he isn't paying attention, and there are 5 people he's about to hit, unless you can get his attention in time to switch tracks, where no one is standing. The only way to do this is to push an innocent bystander off the bridge onto the engine, that will alert the conductor about the oncoming people...what do you do?
I believe the insurance co would say dont switch tracks because then the liability lies with you if you have followed all regs on approach....

It's a hypothetical, insurance companies don't exist. What would YOU do in this scenario. And why does everyone skip the second scenario.

Because it's a matter of life and death if they looked like this I would just run her over

Pelosi-ZombiePicture_zps38d228a8.jpg

And I told you they're all 9s
It's human nature, when I had little ones I always made sure they sat right behind me when I was driving..

It depends is she hot?

how-to-be-hot-2.jpg

It's a cold winter day and everyone's wearing multiple layers and you can't tell what they look like

But does she have Betty Davis eyes?

bette-davis-eyes.jpg

Since nobody can seem to stay on point.

What this scenario is really asking...is it ok to kill 1 innocent person to save 5 not so innocent people.

Usually most answer the first scenario saying they'll switch tracks and save the 5.

Only high school drop outs work on trains.

Definitely NOT my cup of tea.

It depends is she hot?

how-to-be-hot-2.jpg

It's a cold winter day and everyone's wearing multiple layers and you can't tell what they look like

bette-davis-eyes.jpg

What this scenario is really asking...is it ok to kill 1 innocent person to save 5 not so innocent people.

Usually most answer the first scenario saying they'll switch tracks and save the 5.

It takes a hard heart to kill anybody.

The odds are that most people would freeze and not be able to do anything.

Second scenario is impossible. Train and pedestrians are in front of you, there is no way to catapult someone off the bridge to hit the train.....if they were behind you and train in front they have time to move

It's a hypothetical situation. It's an exercise. I assume you can think and apply thought hypothetically...if you can't, then every time you hear about the boy who cried wolf, all you'd be able to get from that story is that it's wrong to yell wolf if you're a Shepard boy, nothing else.

Do the exercise, play by the rules.
You must believe in magic in eh...... I beam them up

It depends is she hot?

how-to-be-hot-2.jpg

bette-davis-eyes.jpg

How is refusing to help equal killing?
Killing is a proactive active act right?
Not helping is a passive reply.
They are simply not equal.

It depends is she hot?

how-to-be-hot-2.jpg

bette-davis-eyes.jpg

I miss the eighties.....

Mostly just a bunch of new age music.

Not as good as the disco that came before it.

Not as good as the rap that came after it.

To wit:

It depends is she hot?

how-to-be-hot-2.jpg

bette-davis-eyes.jpg

It takes a hard heart to kill anybody.

The odds are that most people would freeze and not be able to do anything.

OH MY GOD, what don't you people understand about a hypothetical scenario. Y'all can do this, the reality of the situation is not to be taken into consideration. Keep the real world out of this scenario and think hypothetically

One of the major problems here is the train conductor is not killing anyone.
The five are dying by choice!
The train conductor is in fact also a victim of their choice!
He nor the train have the ability to leave the tracks and be safe.
The walkers are inside the only path the conductor and train may take safely.
Thus their choice has endangered the lives of all.

One of the major problems here is the train conductor is not killing anyone.
The five are dying by choice!
The train conductor is in fact also a victim of their choice!
He nor the train have the ability to leave the tracks and be safe.
The walkers are inside the only path the conductor and train may take safely.
Thus their choice has endangered the lives of all.

Another good answer

It depends is she hot?

how-to-be-hot-2.jpg

bette-davis-eyes.jpg

I miss the eighties.....

To wit:

Fuck disco!!!!

It depends is she hot?

how-to-be-hot-2.jpg

bette-davis-eyes.jpg

I miss the eighties.....

To wit:

Screw your disco s
It depends is she hot?

how-to-be-hot-2.jpg

bette-davis-eyes.jpg

I miss the eighties.....

To wit:

Steve dahl killed disco at the old cominsky field and never forget it

Forum List

Back