CDZ Which do you choose and why?

sakinago

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
There's a stark lacking of good discussion topics on this board. So I thought I'd just throw a philosophy question out there, since I, and I'm sure many others, have zero desire to participate in many of the other useless threads, just uttering nonsense.

2 part scenario question. 1st scenario: you're the conductor of a train, there are 5 people ahed of you on the tracks that you will hit unless you switch tracks, which will cause you to hit one person. What do you do and why.

2nd scenario:You are observing the conductor from a bridge over the tracks. You notice he isn't paying attention, and there are 5 people he's about to hit, unless you can get his attention in time to switch tracks, where no one is standing. The only way to do this is to push an innocent bystander off the bridge onto the engine, that will alert the conductor about the oncoming people...what do you do?

It depends is she hot?

how-to-be-hot-2.jpg

There's a stark lacking of good discussion topics on this board. So I thought I'd just throw a philosophy question out there, since I, and I'm sure many others, have zero desire to participate in many of the other useless threads, just uttering nonsense.

2 part scenario question. 1st scenario: you're the conductor of a train, there are 5 people ahed of you on the tracks that you will hit unless you switch tracks, which will cause you to hit one person. What do you do and why.

2nd scenario:You are observing the conductor from a bridge over the tracks. You notice he isn't paying attention, and there are 5 people he's about to hit, unless you can get his attention in time to switch tracks, where no one is standing. The only way to do this is to push an innocent bystander off the bridge onto the engine, that will alert the conductor about the oncoming people...what do you do?

"Reverse engines, full thrust, warp three!"

OK --- who are the five people?

There's a stark lacking of good discussion topics on this board.

You got that right. :thup:

"Reverse engines, full thrust, warp three!"

OK --- who are the five people?

There's a stark lacking of good discussion topics on this board.

You got that right. :thup:

Jesus people, it's a game/exercise, play it. What they look like or who they are doesn't matter

Okay five people stupid enough to walk on rail tracks and who do I help?

Reply....,no one I just gaze at the wonder of natural selection!

That's actually a pretty good answer. I wouldn't word it as natural selection, but ok. Didn't even have to add the parts in the first scenario that A. The track is clearly marked Do Not Walk, where the 5 people are walking and B. The track where the one person is walking is not marked, and not supposed to be used, and that person walks it all the time with this knowledge

I believe the insurance co would say dont switch tracks because then the liability lies with you if you have followed all regs on approach....

I believe the insurance co would say dont switch tracks because then the liability lies with you if you have followed all regs on approach....

It's a hypothetical, insurance companies don't exist. What would YOU do in this scenario. And why does everyone skip the second scenario.

It's a hypothetical, insurance companies don't exist. What would YOU do in this scenario. And why does everyone skip the second scenario.
Second scenario is impossible. Train and pedestrians are in front of you, there is no way to catapult someone off the bridge to hit the train.....if they were behind you and train in front they have time to move

Because it's a matter of life and death if they looked like this I would just run her over

Pelosi-ZombiePicture_zps38d228a8.jpg

Second scenario is impossible. Train and pedestrians are in front of you, there is no way to catapult someone off the bridge to hit the train.....if they were behind you and train in front they have time to move

It's a hypothetical situation. It's an exercise. I assume you can think and apply thought hypothetically...if you can't, then every time you hear about the boy who cried wolf, all you'd be able to get from that story is that it's wrong to yell wolf if you're a Shepard boy, nothing else.

Do the exercise, play by the rules.

Because it's a matter of life and death if they looked like this I would just run her over

Pelosi-ZombiePicture_zps38d228a8.jpg

And I told you they're all 9s

Forum List

Back