Which Countries Spend the Most Time Reading?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
By Dianna Dilworth on March 3, 2014 11:26 AM

Ever wonder which countries around the world spend the most time reading?

worldculturescoreindex.png

The U.S. came in No. 22 on the list with the average time spent reading per week per person clocking in at 5 hours and 42 minutes.

:eusa_whistle:
Does this surprise anyone? We live in a media society. And, I wonder just what the reading is considered to be.

Read more @ Which Countries Spend the Most Time Reading? - GalleyCat

By Dianna Dilworth on March 3, 2014 11:26 AM

Ever wonder which countries around the world spend the most time reading?

worldculturescoreindex.png

The U.S. came in No. 22 on the list with the average time spent reading per week per person clocking in at 5 hours and 42 minutes.

:eusa_whistle:
Does this surprise anyone? We live in a media society. And, I wonder just what the reading is considered to be.

Read more @ Which Countries Spend the Most Time Reading? - GalleyCat

I have always wondered why people count the hours that are spent reading. That may work with beginning readers but not much else.

I think reading has changed

Not as many people sit down and read a book...but spend hours on the internet

I have some very intelligent friends and acquaintances who have never read a novel in their lives, other than as a school requirement.

And yet they are reading all the time.

Does this shit count as reading (and writing)?

Yes, lets debate opinion, not facts. Is it a fact that Americans spend that little time reading as compared to other countries, the answer is no.

This is simply an Opinion, not a fact, there is zero proof. Zero.

7 billion people in the world, NOP WORLD asks the opinion of 0.00042857142857142855% of the World's Population and we are to believe this is an accurate Opinion Poll?

What the press report does not state, is that reading in the USA's Schools, from 1st grade to University graduates is excluded to come up with the results they wanted.

Egypt ranks higher than the USA, how did NOP World interview people in Egypt, did they send people there, to a country in chaos? China ranks higher, how many English text history books does the average person in China have access to? The answer is zero.

When Saudi Arabia ranks higher in reading than the USA, then you know the Opinion Poll is pure hogwash.

People print a press release of a Opinion Poll without reading the actual poll because the poll tells the people what they want to hear, as well as reinforces what the Media and Government tells us, that our schools are bad, thus NOP WORLD is working together with the Politicians and Media to influence public opinion so that Liberalism and Big Government Control of our lives is even greater.

Last edited:
I think reading has changed

Not as many people sit down and read a book...but spend hours on the internet

A problem I have. It took me far too long to write the 4th novel in my series of the history of the California missions. Now, I'm trying to revise and edit one about a true Mexican hero and I find myself spending too much time here and not there. :mad:

Egypt ranks higher than the USA, how did NOP World interview people in Egypt, did they send people there, to a country in chaos?
When Saudi Arabia ranks higher in reading than the USA, then you know the Opinion Poll is pure hogwash.

You are misdirecting your ire. The point you should be making is that in strictly Muslim nations an awful lot of people spend an awful lot of time reading the Koran everyday.

Forum List

Back