Where was the armed security guard at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
An armed security guard never got the chance to stop the teen gunman who murdered 17 students and staffers at a Florida high school, authorities said Thursday.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel confirmed that accused mass murderer Nikolas Cruz managed to shoot up the Parkland high school without ever encountering the school resource deputy.

“He was on campus and he was armed,” Israel said. “At this point, the only thing I can tell you definitively is he never encountered Cruz.”

Armed guard at Florida school never encountered rampaging gunman

Who was he? Where was he?

School Resource Officer Scott Peterson was elsewhere on the 45-acre campus during the attack that left 17 dead and 16 wounded, Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said Friday.

“Staff and everyone responded quickly,” Runcie said, based on a briefing by the Broward Sheriff’s Office. “The SRO was communicated with but was on another part of campus.”

Peterson, a deputy with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Parkland district, has been the SRO at Stoneman Douglas High since 2009.

He could not be reached for comment Friday.

School resource officer was elsewhere on campus during shooting, Runcie says

So, the school did have an armed security guard. He was communicated with but was on another part of campus when shooting started? Forty-five acres ain't that big. Why didn't he ever confront the shooter? This just doesn't smell right.

Last edited:
School Resource Officer Scott Peterson was elsewhere on the 45-acre campus during the attack that left 17 dead and 16 wounded, Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said Friday.

“Staff and everyone responded quickly,” Runcie said, based on a briefing by the Broward Sheriff’s Office. “The SRO was communicated with but was on another part of campus.”

Peterson, a deputy with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Parkland district, has been the SRO at Stoneman Douglas High since 2009.

So, the school did have an armed security guard. He was communicated with but was on another part of campus when shooting started? Forty-five acres ain't that big. Why didn't he ever confront the shooter? This just doesn't smell right.

"Forty-five acres ain't that big." Ding Dong alert.

An armed security guard never got the chance to stop the teen gunman who murdered 17 students and staffers at a Florida high school, authorities said Thursday.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel confirmed that accused mass murderer Nikolas Cruz managed to shoot up the Parkland high school without ever encountering the school resource deputy.

“He was on campus and he was armed,” Israel said. “At this point, the only thing I can tell you definitively is he never encountered Cruz.”

I thought they said they were two armed guards on site

I thought they said they were two armed guards on site

Me too. The other security guard may have been the football coach - who was killed by Cruz.

Aaron Feis had several titles at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School: Football coach. Security guard. Proud alumnus.

Now, after the mass shooting at the Parkland, Florida, school, a grieving community is calling him something else: a hero.

"It is with Great sadness that our Football Family has learned about the death of Aaron Feis. He was our Assistant Football Coach and security guard," Marjory Stoneman football said on Twitter. "He selflessly shielded students from the shooter when he was shot. He died a hero and he will forever be in our hearts and memories."

Parkland school shooting: Football coach died shielding students

Where were you? Why diddnt you help? Oh yeah, because you were busy touching your self while you watched it on tv. Typical democrat. Loves them some school shooting!

One armed security gaurd for 45 acre campus with 3000 students doesn't get it. It would take him longer than 15 minutes to run from one end to the other.

SHELBY COUNTY INDIANA: PROVIDED THE BEST PROTECTION FOR THE CHILDREN

Obviously since none of the students saw Cruz carrying the rifle when he entered the school, then Cruz must have slipped in through an unlocked back door.
So there is no indication of the security guard not being at his post.
It just means the back doors need to be locked and alarmed.

Fake news is reporting the armed security officer went to the building and didn't go inside while the shooting was going on. Coward. Just pathetic the failures from school police, local police and sheriffs, and FBI.

BIG FAT FAILURE at every stage.

While Fake News demonizes me and my gun for over a week.

Last edited:
School cop resigns after shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School

Peterson, 54, has been a school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas since 2009. He began working for the sheriff’s office in 1985. His annual salary in 2016 was $75,673.72, according to sheriff’s office records.

Officials, including Broward Sheriff Scott Israel, have been asked about where Peterson was at the time of the shooting.

“Deputy Peterson was on campus,” Israel said at a new conference Wednesday. “He was armed. And as our command staff moves forward on this investigation, the response and actions of Deputy Peterson will be looked at and scrutinized, as will everyone’s.”

Asked whether Peterson fired his gun, Israel said, “He did not.”

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

School cop resigns after shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School

Peterson, 54, has been a school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas since 2009. He began working for the sheriff’s office in 1985. His annual salary in 2016 was $75,673.72, according to sheriff’s office records.

Officials, including Broward Sheriff Scott Israel, have been asked about where Peterson was at the time of the shooting.

“Deputy Peterson was on campus,” Israel said at a new conference Wednesday. “He was armed. And as our command staff moves forward on this investigation, the response and actions of Deputy Peterson will be looked at and scrutinized, as will everyone’s.”

Asked whether Peterson fired his gun, Israel said, “He did not.”

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

The Sheriff stated he has the video of the officer arriving at the building but didn't go in. He said he would not release the video.

Fake news is reporting the armed security officer went to the building and didn't go inside while the shooting was going on. Coward. Just pathetic the failures from school police, local police and sheriffs, and FBI.

Wait a minute . Do you believe “fake news” or not ?

So...he wasn't really fired?

Are you admitting to being a wife beater or mental patient who illegally purchased a gun?
Excellent question...because those are the ones who have been demonized this last week.

My guess is he was an fbi plant. He probably was responsible for getting the kid into the building.

They fired Dan Love after the nightmare at Bunkerville as well. They use them to create the *crisis*..then they fire them, or declare them incompetent or mentally ill. Love actually went into hiding in a mental health facility for a while. They do that so they can't be brought into court.

New Topics

Forum List

Back