Where should Gypsies be placed on the American Race Census?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
They range from pale to dark brown. Lets discuss the dark browns like my family first. They are a mix of middle eastern, southasian and european. They look distinct, brown with distinct features etc. I could mistake one or the other indian for gypsie but when i see a group of gypsies and a group of indians, i immediately know the difference, gypsies cant be anything else they are distinctly gypsy but i doubt the american race census would invent a own category for gypsies, they are also not middle eastern. so where would you place gypsies, individually you could say mixed race, but gypsies are a ethnic group and they are mixed but as ethnic group, and many ethnic groups are mixed, so you have to place this ethnic group somewhere. right now i heard they are not counted by the race census. in the race census middle eastern and european and northafrican is white, but indians and pakistans are asians.

a picture of my family and a dna result from a "pure" gypsy from bosnia restoran2.jpg IMG_1029.JPG IMG_1045.JPG IMG_1046.JPG kodkuce.jpg kej5.jpg MirsadPicturebigpicture.jpg MirsadResults.jpg

Forum List

Back