Where is the Clergy?

the christians have always controlled the majority of votes in this country - their fears and duplicity have roots to the earliest settlements, it has been despite their awful religion the country has progressed to this point and nothing new in the latest uphevils they are now instigating.

For those who attend church on a regular basis, what is your pastor, priest or rabbi saying about the Trump/Sessions Doctrine separating families?

Thou shalt not lie/bare false witness, and the OP does what? Calls Dem laws Trump's Doctrine.
MSNBC did the same thing, they dared to ticker that Trump supports the seperation even though he said he didn't and demanded congress fix this. OP post and MSNBC=epic fail.

Trump says and tweets a lot. Almost all of it is self serving and not true.

Which law was passed by Democratic legislation and signed by President Obama, which calls for the breaking up of families seeking safety and a better life?

Please post the number in the CFR to which you highlight?

As for your attempt that my thread and I bear false witness against Trump, the facts I've posed are not false. Unless you can prove otherwise, and cite the law you claim exists, you ought to find another hobby since you will have lost any credibility here.

As for your comment on the 8th or 9th commandment, how do you feel about Trump's "lock her up" stump speech, echoed by his base?
Someone already posted that law I think in the Political forum thread regarding the detention charade. Some seperated children were not from parents they were from traffickers:
U.S. Code › Title 8 › Chapter 12 › Subchapter II ›
Part VIII › § 1324

Other applied laws:
Part VIII › § 1325

Part IV › § 1226

Last edited:
Where is the clergy ? IOW: Where are the modern Scribes and Pharisees ? The modern "Nicolatians" ..........They are all over the place

$20 billion plus to build a wall!
Invest in making situations better where these people come from. Cheaper, more humane, effective. Walls don't work. Walls are embarrassing. Walls show weakness.
Which, ironically, is what churches are doing.

Walls do stop/slow down criminal activity. No reason why we can't do both. Unfortunate that, because some won't observe boundaries, it is even necessary.
No irony involved. It is only logical that a Christian organization would act in a Christian manner. What is ironic is the paltry amount of such action.

No irony involved. It is only logical that a Christian organization would act in a Christian manner. What is ironic is the paltry amount of such action.

Yes. The key word here is ACT. Is the government calling on churches to come to the border to help take care of the children/families? No. The government is already doing that, and isn't calling for assistance in that regard. As I already pointed out, churches are taking care of the needy in their own communities and also have missionaries and other programs to help the poor and destitute in other countries. The children at the border are given more than the children in our own communities. Then, there are the issues of child trafficking and minors traveling alone. The last I heard (and I haven't triple checked this) is that of the two thousand children, all but seventy are minors traveling alone or those who are victims of human trafficking. The stated reason for the children separated is criminal activity by the parents.

Looking into all of this, we have a problem of child trafficking, drug trafficking, and illegal entry along parts of our border. This is a problem that must be stopped. Parents truly seeking asylum have no fear of their family being separated when they come through the legal ports of entry.

Okay, so why is the far left, many who do not practice Christianity, suddenly screaming at Christians? It is because, just like the Crusades, just like the Inquisition, just like the Reformation, people whose interest is in politics need a larger, stronger base--and Christians will provide that for them if they can be manipulated into joining their politics. You people have no interest in the children. You want power in politics and you need Christians numbers to make it all work. No thank you. We will continue with helping those in our community, we will continue to help fund missionary work. But we will never again become puppets for a political base. We are Christians, we serve God, not some political purpose or those with their own agenda.

The label "Christian" has been inaccurately misused (deliberately and ignorantly) for centuries. Example: Papist Inquisitors were not Christ followers.

The label "Christian" has been inaccurately misused (deliberately and ignorantly) for centuries. Example: Papist Inquisitors were not Christ followers.
That is too much of a broad brush. In those days, there was no separation of Church and State, and the religion of the ruler was the religion of the people. In the vast majority of cases, the person being accused preferred the Church investigation (inquisition) to that of the State, as the Church was more lenient.

On the other hand, the part of the Spanish Inquisition that gives "Inquisition" the bad name that is remembered had one Church member responsible for the most deaths of all Inquisitions combined. Imagine going to the Church because of its leniency and being treated worse. This man's betrayal ranks right up there with the Judas betrayal. More notably, the Spanish Inquisition also had a lot to do with State politics.

For those who attend church on a regular basis, what is your pastor, priest or rabbi saying about the Trump/Sessions Doctrine separating families?

Which parental choice grieves you more?... the temporary separation that is the known consequence of a parental choice to not only endanger the well being of their children during a long and arduous journey, but to also attempt to subvert the immigration law of a sovereign nation?...or the permanent separation of millions of babies from their families, also by parental choice?

This country separates families on a regular basis - when the parents are suspected of abuse or neglect, when the parents break the law and are arrested, or when the parents are deemed incompetent.

The Democrats had their chance to enact immigration reform - they declined. The most egregious example of child abuse via family separation perpetrated by the US government was the Obama administration's policy on unaccompanied minors - many of whom were teenaged males.

What does my pastor say?...feed, clothe and care for the children, keep them safe....all the children.

I suggest you forego your self righteous and ignorant comments on the behavior of a parent who flees a known harm and seeks a safe harbor for their child.

Read my post (#663 in thread Child separation is a Democratic Scam) and see how your pastor's "say" ought to be implemented.

Trump doesn't want to pay for more Judges, and yet the cost to separate families and build Tent Cities for Children is not only cruel and immoral, but the cost per child is enormous.

Which parental choice grieves you more?... the temporary separation that is the known consequence of a parental choice to not only endanger the well being of their children during a long and arduous journey, but to also attempt to subvert the immigration law of a sovereign nation?...or the permanent separation of millions of babies from their families, also by parental choice?

This country separates families on a regular basis - when the parents are suspected of abuse or neglect, when the parents break the law and are arrested, or when the parents are deemed incompetent.

The Democrats had their chance to enact immigration reform - they declined. The most egregious example of child abuse via family separation perpetrated by the US government was the Obama administration's policy on unaccompanied minors - many of whom were teenaged males.

What does my pastor say?...feed, clothe and care for the children, keep them safe....all the children.

I suggest you forego your self righteous and ignorant comments on the behavior of a parent who flees a known harm and seeks a safe harbor for their child.

Oh grow up...that high horse you're riding will give you a nose bleed...and it'll take more than crocodile tears to clean up a mess decades in the making.

Read my post (#663 in thread Child separation is a Democratic Scam) and see how your pastor's "say" ought to be implemented.

Reading your comment, 'Trump is evil' says all there is to say about your ability to look at a problem objectively and seek a solution that transcends political rhetoric.

Trump doesn't want to pay for more Judges, and yet the cost to separate families and build Tent Cities for Children is not only cruel and immoral, but the cost per child is enormous.

Illegal immigration already comes with enormous cost, as well as a drain on social services, medical and education. Cruel and immoral is the permanent-by-parental-choice separation your ilk applauds. That said - we could reinstitute the hated-by-the-left Family Detention Centers. Temporarily providing clean clothes, bedding, hot meals, abundant water and toilet facilities is neither cruel nor immoral.

My mom is a first generation immigrant to America, she came here legally and renounced her Brazilian citizenship.

When my Dad was terminally ill, my Aunt came over from Rome on a 90-day visa. When her 90 days was up -- she left and went back to Rome.

I was supporting Trump, until I saw that it made Maddow cry.

I feel so bad.

Nah.

Sessions is upholding his oath of office. What would you propose? Putting children in adult detention centers?

Yes. The key word here is ACT. Is the government calling on churches to come to the border to help take care of the children/families? No. The government is already doing that, and isn't calling for assistance in that regard. As I already pointed out, churches are taking care of the needy in their own communities and also have missionaries and other programs to help the poor and destitute in other countries. The children at the border are given more than the children in our own communities. Then, there are the issues of child trafficking and minors traveling alone. The last I heard (and I haven't triple checked this) is that of the two thousand children, all but seventy are minors traveling alone or those who are victims of human trafficking. The stated reason for the children separated is criminal activity by the parents.

Looking into all of this, we have a problem of child trafficking, drug trafficking, and illegal entry along parts of our border. This is a problem that must be stopped. Parents truly seeking asylum have no fear of their family being separated when they come through the legal ports of entry.

Okay, so why is the far left, many who do not practice Christianity, suddenly screaming at Christians? It is because, just like the Crusades, just like the Inquisition, just like the Reformation, people whose interest is in politics need a larger, stronger base--and Christians will provide that for them if they can be manipulated into joining their politics. You people have no interest in the children. You want power in politics and you need Christians numbers to make it all work. No thank you. We will continue with helping those in our community, we will continue to help fund missionary work. But we will never again become puppets for a political base. We are Christians, we serve God, not some political purpose or those with their own agenda.
There must have been mistake in citing post #45. The use of "You people have no interest in the children. You want power in politics and you need Christians numbers to make it all work." shows a reference to something not that post.
To which post are you referring?

the southern border of course and that makes you better than separating loved ones - christian.

What kind of parent puts their child at risk? What kind of parent does something that risks being separated from from their child? Not Christian ones. However, non-Christians haven't any problem at all with buying or kidnapping a child to help themselves across the border. Christians have a plan. It's called Port of Entry. Non-Christians choose to bash Christians. We're on to you. And it is no longer working--just as it no longer works to call Christians to join the Crusades or Inquisitions. Christians already have an option.
So...you don't think parents should take their children FROM danger....gotcha. I'm sure you have NO understanding of why any war refugees would run from war. I'm sure you have NO understanding of why Jews were trying to get their families away from the NAZIS.

Thank you, I did see the Archbishop of Miami on MSNBC this morning, and I hope such leaders & We the People speak out and condemn the hate and fear, which is the foundation of Trump's rhetoric.
We can speak all we want, but do you really think it's going to change anything? Trump will just continue to insist it's the Democrats fault. He doesn't back down, he doubles down. Remember?
And his drooling trumpanzees suck it all up.

They are urging us to write to all Democrats to fund the wall to secure the border so that all families in need will go to the Ports of Entry. They also want all immigration loopholes closed so that child-traffic comes to a complete halt. They want smugglers and illegal immigrants to stop using children to get across the border and then discarding them.

Oh, and if you are able, they would appreciate your help and donations to care for the poor in our communities.

Finally, they advise us not to be caught up in the political hysteria and tell ALL our government officials to FIX.THE.PROBLEM.OF.ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Clear enough?
You, of course, pulled all of that right out of your ass

So...you don't think parents should take their children FROM danger....gotcha. I'm sure you have NO understanding of why any war refugees would run from war. I'm sure you have NO understanding of why Jews were trying to get their families away from the NAZIS.

Is Mexico at war? As far as I am aware, no country that borders on the United States is at war. Did you know that people can find a safe place in Mexico and apply for refugee status in the U.S.? Secondly, did you know there are legal ports of entry for refugees, much less dangerous than a desert crossing? Given this, why would someone drag their children across a desert to enter illegally?

Trump's wall of bigotry and hate won't solve anything.

You might consider that because so many found the wall of hate and bigotry spewing constantly from the far left, with no solutions to real problems, they elected President Trump simply because he was not part of that far left screeching. We wants problems faced and solved--not kicked for decades down the road so that the far left has manufactured political issues they pretend to care about.

Considering that most of the children are unaccompanied minors or victims of child trafficking, we here at center are aghast at what the left apparently wants to continue. They are like people who tell abused spouses and children they are best left in the situation they are in. Solve the problems.

Forum List

Back