Where have you been?

That was merely someone's attempt at a little snobbery. If I wanted to reply in kind, I could say that I don't consider one to have traveled until they have been to a communist country. ;)

Huh?!

God I have seen every monument there is...from the Lincoln Memorial to the Grand Canyon.....the Vegas strip and the Hoover Dam. That's all my parents did when I was a young girl, was travel.
They enjoyed it...me, not so much. I was a car sick child...riding for long lengths at a time made me puke every time. It was miserable. All I wanted to do was sleep and wake up when we got to where we were going.
We dipped on into California once, just so we could say we had been to California ~LoL~
I have seen so many ghost towns out west, I hope to never see another.
The white sandy beaches in Florida, aren't that great to me either.......
NOW.....these days, if I am the driver, I will probably go anywhere. I love driving....just don't care to be the passenger :)

You sound like a true, southern woman. :clap2:

Non-CEO, non-military

Outside of the United States, I've been to Canada thrice (province of Ontario, British Columbia, and the Canadian Arctic with a stop-over in Edmonton each way); England (London plus a day in the countryside); The Bahamas (Nassau).

Non military, CEO, CIA or anything else with an acronym ;)

Puerto Rico
Germany
Dominican Republic
Canada
Switzerland
St Thomas
Austria
Grand Bahama
Holland
France
I think I am forgetting a few :(

I have been to 45 states and DC.

Well, I'm not from USA, but I've been in 9 brazilian states (more than 50% of the country) and Venezuela. I'm not a military, nor a CEO (but I'd love to be)

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I've been to the 48 contiguous states, Canada and Mexico.

I don't like to travel. My boss wants me to go to London and work out of the home office for six months. I have avoided it by avoiding getting a passport. I tell them I am an American I don't have a passport.

All 50 states(or is that 57?), all countries in the western hemisphere, most of the countries in Africa, all of Europe, most of Eastern Europe, Russia, China, India, New Zealand, Australia, Solomons, New Guinea, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, most of Canada, I still want to get to Greenland and Antarctica.

Yes, as someone speculated, I want to see who has traveled and if they are CEOs or military. While I practice in a clinic, I am CEO of a company I started. But so far, none of my travel has been in that capacity, although being a nurse has taken me many places. I used to do presentations for pharmaceutical companies and they sent me a lot of places.

Here's my list. MY international travel days are probably over, but I still hope to go to the north west. My husband always wanted to go to Salt Lake City and before he died, I promised to be his eyes and go there, but I haven't yet. I envision a long AmTrak trip making a circle up through the north west down through California wine country and back through Utah and Colorado. One day. A lot of my travel has been professional and, having gone to hospitals and clinics in China and Egypt, I count myself lucky not to have contracted some disease weirder than the one I currently have.

Several years ago I got a horoscope that told me I would die married to a foreigner or living in a foreign country. My son in law is Canadian and he and my daughter have made noises about going to live in Canada, so that may come to pass even though I would much prefer a warmer climate.

Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Tennessee
Pennsylvania
New York
Virginia
North Carolina
Texas
California
Oklahoma
Missouri
Kentucky
Indiana
Ohio
New Mexico
Louisiana
Arkansas
Illinois
Nevada
Arizona
D.C.
New Jersey

China
Egypt
Canada

Traveling within your country of origin is hardly 'travel'.

CG, you're full of more shit than a bark park, but that's OK, I still love ya! :lol:

Yes, as someone speculated, I want to see who has traveled and if they are CEOs or military. While I practice in a clinic, I am CEO of a company I started. But so far, none of my travel has been in that capacity, although being a nurse has taken me many places. I used to do presentations for pharmaceutical companies and they sent me a lot of places.

Here's my list. MY international travel days are probably over, but I still hope to go to the north west. My husband always wanted to go to Salt Lake City and before he died, I promised to be his eyes and go there, but I haven't yet. I envision a long AmTrak trip making a circle up through the north west down through California wine country and back through Utah and Colorado. One day. A lot of my travel has been professional and, having gone to hospitals and clinics in China and Egypt, I count myself lucky not to have contracted some disease weirder than the one I currently have.

Several years ago I got a horoscope that told me I would die married to a foreigner or living in a foreign country. My son in law is Canadian and he and my daughter have made noises about going to live in Canada, so that may come to pass even though I would much prefer a warmer climate.

Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Tennessee
Pennsylvania
New York
Virginia
North Carolina
Texas
California
Oklahoma
Missouri
Kentucky
Indiana
Ohio
New Mexico
Louisiana
Arkansas
Illinois
Nevada
Arizona
D.C.
New Jersey

China
Egypt
Canada

Traveling within your country of origin is hardly 'travel'.

As the Queen of Condescension chimes in

Today we drove through the most beautiful backroads in East Texas. Autumn color is everywhere, the air is so crisp and cool after the harshest hotspell and drought this state has ever seen. It was so beautiful, recent rains brought back all the streams, creeks, and bayous, and birds were everywhere, singing and enjoying a day of Indian summer.

America is still wild and free and ever so beautiful. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back