Where have you been?

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Someone commented to me the other day that the only Americans who have traveled are CEOs and military people. I am neither, but as a nurse have gotten to travel a fair amount. So where have you been? Do you agree with the comment about CEOs and military people?

India, Nepal, Korea, Thailand. Most of the US, British Columbia.

Non ceo, non military.

Last edited:
33 States plus

1. Germany
2. Britain
3. Iceland
4. Sweden
5. Denmark
6. Holland
7. France
8. Belgium
9. Hong Kong
10. Luxembourg
11. Mexico

Non CEO, non military.

Just Mexico.

Well, a whole lot of the U.S. but that's the only foreign country.

Other countries don't have such a big home nation to see! :lol:

I've only travelled much of the U.S. states, but did once venture cross border into Canada.

No- not with Clinton.

It was the Quebec province. I walked into a bar and thought I'd impress the girl-tender with my 4 years of high school French. "Un bier s'il vous plait." She took one look at me and said "Yeah, what kind?" LOL she had me pegged. Busted.

I was over 30 before my age caught up with the number of places I'd lived in the U.S. I'm close to Canada now but still haven't made it across the border.

Hell Hole Reservoir
Boone Fork
Camp Creek
Horseshoe Lake
Gragg Prong
Pinnacles
Wagon Wheel Mountain
Gauley River
Bumpass Hell
Boomer Creek
Linville Falls
Fallen Leaf Lake
Echo Lake
Caples Lake
Lake Shasta
Mount Lassen
Hull Creek
Crandall Creek

Oh, and Mexico, Germany, Austria and the former Czechoslovakia (by accident).

What I think the original idea with the comments was to high light that American's in general dont travel abroad that much... which is factually true.. why should they, they have most things in their back yard after all. You have skiing in Colorado, surf in Hawaii and retirement homes in Florida. You have natural wonders in Yosemite or the North West of the country and so and so on. No real reason to leave the US unless you want some historical trip or see other cultures.

Now personalty as a European I have lived in Denmark (born), Saudi Arabia and Spain for longer periods, as well as traveled to the US, Japan, South Korea, UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Greece, Cyrpus, Turkey, Baharain, Egypt, Lebanon (pre civil war), Morocco, Sweden and probably a few places I have forgotten.

Point is, Europeans in most cases go abroad (Spain, France usually) for holidays, where as Americans mostly stay in country (relatively speaking). Take Sarah Palin. She only got her first passport around the time she ran for VP. Why? Because she had no need, since she could go to say Florida or California for a beach sun holiday. As a Dane or Brit, we need to go to Spain or France for that.. well at least at days at a time :eusa_whistle:

Ireland
Britain (England, Scotland and Wales)
The Channel Island (part of the UK - group of islands between England and France)
France
Spain
Italy
Germany
Belgium
Portugal
Switzerland
Tunisia
Eygpt
Trinidad & Tabago
Qatar
Jordan
Turkey

I love to travel. My hobby really..

1. England.
2. France.
3. Germany.
4. The Czech Republic.
5. Croatia.
6. Italy.
7. Japan.
8. China.
9. Greece.
10. Turkey.
11. Thailand.
12. Amsterdam.
13. Bermuda.
14. The Dominican Republic
15. Haiti.
16. Mexico.
17. Brazil.
19. Monaco.
20. Macau.
21. Spain.
22. Guatemala.
23. Taiwan.

Last edited:
Guam, Philippians, Wake Island, Hawaii, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Mexico, Panama, Canada and every state but Maine and Montana

Forum List

Back