Where have you been?

Yes, as someone speculated, I want to see who has traveled and if they are CEOs or military. While I practice in a clinic, I am CEO of a company I started. But so far, none of my travel has been in that capacity, although being a nurse has taken me many places. I used to do presentations for pharmaceutical companies and they sent me a lot of places.

Here's my list. MY international travel days are probably over, but I still hope to go to the north west. My husband always wanted to go to Salt Lake City and before he died, I promised to be his eyes and go there, but I haven't yet. I envision a long AmTrak trip making a circle up through the north west down through California wine country and back through Utah and Colorado. One day. A lot of my travel has been professional and, having gone to hospitals and clinics in China and Egypt, I count myself lucky not to have contracted some disease weirder than the one I currently have.

Several years ago I got a horoscope that told me I would die married to a foreigner or living in a foreign country. My son in law is Canadian and he and my daughter have made noises about going to live in Canada, so that may come to pass even though I would much prefer a warmer climate.

Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Tennessee
Pennsylvania
New York
Virginia
North Carolina
Texas
California
Oklahoma
Missouri
Kentucky
Indiana
Ohio
New Mexico
Louisiana
Arkansas
Illinois
Nevada
Arizona
D.C.
New Jersey

China
Egypt
Canada

Traveling within your country of origin is hardly 'travel'.

The hell it isn't.

Yes, as someone speculated, I want to see who has traveled and if they are CEOs or military. While I practice in a clinic, I am CEO of a company I started. But so far, none of my travel has been in that capacity, although being a nurse has taken me many places. I used to do presentations for pharmaceutical companies and they sent me a lot of places.

Here's my list. MY international travel days are probably over, but I still hope to go to the north west. My husband always wanted to go to Salt Lake City and before he died, I promised to be his eyes and go there, but I haven't yet. I envision a long AmTrak trip making a circle up through the north west down through California wine country and back through Utah and Colorado. One day. A lot of my travel has been professional and, having gone to hospitals and clinics in China and Egypt, I count myself lucky not to have contracted some disease weirder than the one I currently have.

Several years ago I got a horoscope that told me I would die married to a foreigner or living in a foreign country. My son in law is Canadian and he and my daughter have made noises about going to live in Canada, so that may come to pass even though I would much prefer a warmer climate.

Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Tennessee
Pennsylvania
New York
Virginia
North Carolina
Texas
California
Oklahoma
Missouri
Kentucky
Indiana
Ohio
New Mexico
Louisiana
Arkansas
Illinois
Nevada
Arizona
D.C.
New Jersey

China
Egypt
Canada

The hell it isn't.

The dictionary agrees with you:

trav·el (trvl)
v. trav·eled or trav·elled, trav·el·ing or trav·el·ling, trav·els
v.intr.
1. To go from one place to another, as on a trip; journey.
2. To go from place to place as a salesperson or agent.
3. To be transmitted, as light or sound; move or pass.
4. To advance or proceed.
5. To go about in the company of a particular group; associate: travels in wealthy circles.
6. To move along a course, as in a groove.
7. To admit of being transported without loss of quality; Some wines travel poorly.
8. Informal To move swiftly.
9. Basketball To walk or run illegally while holding the ball.

travel - definition of travel by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Takes me 21 hours just to get to D.C. by car. That's the real way to travel.

I agree, but since I have to do all my own driving that doesn't make for real good sight seeing. I would like to take the grand tour I mentioned on Amtrak, stopping various places and renting a vehicle while there.

Well let's look at something:

Seattle to Miami is 2,733 miles

Seattle to Calgary is 441 miles

Seattle to Vancouver is 114 miles

Seattle to Tijuana is 1,079 miles

New York to Havana is 1,309 miles.

Are we suggesting that going from Seattle to Tijuana, Seattle to Calgary, Seattle to Vancouver, or New York to Havana is "travelling", but going from Seattle to Miami is not?

I would say that even if you tried to define "travelling" as having to experience a different culture....go from Seattle to Georgia and you will see some dramatically different culture. Go from New York to Texas and you will see some radically different culture. Hell...go from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas and you are in for some serious culture shock and that's only 421 miles. Go from north Phoenix to south-central Phoenix and you are in for one hell of a cultural ride.

Last edited:
Yes it is.

I've driven the entire length of I-40, that's over 2500 miles.
If I traveled 2500 miles in Europe without driving over the same piece of road twice, how many countries would I see? It would be the equivalent of driving from Portugal to Denmark via the Czech Republic.

One summer I went from Oklahoma to Laredo, TX to Baton Rouge, LA to Providence, RI with side trips to Newport and Boston, to Omaha, NE (great unsung city, BTW!), to Denver CO, to Salt Lake City and back to Oklahoma.

In a little Honda with no AC.

LOL - unforgettable!

Last edited:
In a little Honda with no AC.

LOL - unforgettable!

Ahhh that reminds me of a buddy of mine. He took a job in Florida and had to drive from Arizona in the middle of the summer and he had no AC either. Right before he left I slipped a raw salmon under the driver's seat. :lol: He called me up a few days later and called me everything but a man.

God I have seen every monument there is...from the Lincoln Memorial to the Grand Canyon.....the Vegas strip and the Hoover Dam. That's all my parents did when I was a young girl, was travel.
They enjoyed it...me, not so much. I was a car sick child...riding for long lengths at a time made me puke every time. It was miserable. All I wanted to do was sleep and wake up when we got to where we were going.
We dipped on into California once, just so we could say we had been to California ~LoL~
I have seen so many ghost towns out west, I hope to never see another.
The white sandy beaches in Florida, aren't that great to me either.......
NOW.....these days, if I am the driver, I will probably go anywhere. I love driving....just don't care to be the passenger :)

Someone commented to me the other day that the only Americans who have traveled are CEOs and military people. I am neither, but as a nurse have gotten to travel a fair amount. So where have you been? Do you agree with the comment about CEOs and military people?
Those would be murkins. Americans (with A)who still have a functioning brain can be found traveling all over the planet. They often have backpacks and never read the lies of your Nazi state dept.

I knew things were uber fucked when a nitwit who graduated UF emailed and asked me how I like island living. He'll be voting.:cuckoo:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Someone commented to me the other day that the only Americans who have traveled are CEOs and military people. I am neither, but as a nurse have gotten to travel a fair amount. So where have you been? Do you agree with the comment about CEOs and military people?
Those would be murkins. Americans (with A)who still have a functioning brain can be found traveling all over the planet. They often have backpacks and never read the lies of your Nazi state dept.:

Hey, know what would be a good idea? GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Well let's look at something:

Seattle to Miami is 2,733 miles

Seattle to Calgary is 441 miles

Seattle to Vancouver is 114 miles

Seattle to Tijuana is 1,079 miles

New York to Havana is 1,309 miles.

Are we suggesting that going from Seattle to Tijuana, Seattle to Calgary, Seattle to Vancouver, or New York to Havana is "travelling", but going from Seattle to Miami is not?

That was merely someone's attempt at a little snobbery. If I wanted to reply in kind, I could say that I don't consider one to have traveled until they have been to a communist country. ;)

40 states

Canada
Mexico
Bahamas
Barbados
Puerto Rico
St Thomas
St Kitts
Antigua
Haiti
Italy
Greece