Where Does The Glacial Tipping Point Reside?

From the Cryosphere Today web page ...

Arctic Sea Ice, -1.4 million km^2 from historical baseline.

Antarctic Sea Ice, +1.1 million

Last I checked, 1.4 is more than 1.1. So why are you telling everyone Antarctic gain is more than Arctic loss? You might lie, but the data doesn't.

2014 Arctic sea ice minimum -- 5.02 million km^2
2013 Arctic sea ice minimum -- 5.10 million km^2

That's a very peculiar "recovery" from 2013, having _less_ sea ice. Yes, I know you're trying to cover for the loss by making up a new statistic about "multiyear ice". Since the good data didn't agree with you, you had to make up something to save face.

There's also the matter of your staggering ignorance concerning how noise on top of a changing mean works. And of how, back in 1991, global warming theory correctly predicted exactly why Antarctic sea ice would increase. According to you, global warming science being proven correct yet another time shows how wrong it is, which is why you're not taken seriously.

I guess I need to color the diagram with crayolas so that two alarmist morons can get the big picture..

First what was the increase at low point? (summer)

2012; 2.234 ml sq km
2014; 3.604 ml sq km

The rate of increase is +1.37 ml sq km... Arctic increase of 1.4
source

And the Antarctic...

at low point (summer)

2012; 1.975 ml sq km
2014; 2.446 ml sq km...

An increase of a mere +0.531 ml sq km
source

There was no net loss in either hemisphere for the last two years.. and it resulted in a net GLOBAL recovery of 1.9 ml sq km... Dam, that is what I get for listening to left wits.. I assumed there was a net loss and there WASN'T!

But hey, were in a death spiral according to some half with alarmists..

Hey, I guess your calculator works. Impressive. Now how about the operator?

ev4arc.jpg

I don't see a lot of net ice gain from 2013 to 2014 at the minimum. 2012 was a record minimum. I would fully expect us to have several years higher, just as we did after 2007. It's the way the universe works.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back