Where are all the Quitterbirds?

So the two situations AREN"T comparable? Then why would anyone be hypocritical for viewing them differently?
The resignations are comparable, in the words, phrases and reasons used. Both were blame-shifting. I've made that quite clear.

YOU however, keep trying to move the goalposts. You've done it again here, doing everything you can think of to avoid answering the question posed. It's your typical fare, however. Not at all surprising.

My typical fare? How many of your questions have I 'avoided answering'?

So far you've gone from the situations being comparable, to them not being comparable, back to them being comparable again.

All this while in the process of trying to ridicule OTHERS for being inconsistent.
Now you're simply lying. Your first assertion was that I said Palin and Jones were comparable, here:
NYcarbineer said:
You're proclaiming that Jones and Palin are two sides of the same coin? Comparable (albeit from different ends of the spectrum) figures in behaviour, beliefs, character, and actions?
Then when it was pointed out that never happened, was never said, you went to:
So the two situations AREN"T comparable? Then why would anyone be hypocritical for viewing them differently?
You went from saying I said the people were comparable, (never happened) to the situations weren't comparable. (Never happened either)

You either failed to read or couldn't understand what I actually did say:
Van Jones plays the Palin, "They smeared me" card and isn't called on it or called a "quitter?"

He uses the same basic language Palin did when she resigned -- that the job is bigger than one person, too much focus on me, enemies smearing me, blah blah blah -- and gets a pass?
At no time have I said any of what you have attributed to me.

ALL of your ducking, dodging, mis-stating of my position, all of that leads up to this:
NYcarbineer said:
How many of your questions have I 'avoided answering'?
And the answer is, just the one! IS Van Jones a quitter? You have done everything possible NOT to answer that.

NOW we have:
Sarah Palin quit on the grounds of some wacky 'lame duck' excuse.
And so did Jones!

BOTH claimed criticism and attacks was the reason! For Palin, it was all of the ethics violation filings. For Jones it was the public uproar over past statements he's made.

BOTH are blame-shifting, weak excuses. But only one of the two people is universally railed upon for being a quitter. Jones for the most part is getting a pass.

Why?

to me it looks like you are losing a fight against your own straw man. you should quit.
That's because you don't understand what a strawman is, no doubt.

But, the question before us is, isn't a blame-shifting quitter still a blame-shifting quitter no matter the race, gender or color of skin? Or political stripe?

Is Jones a quitter? Yes or no.

Well, I guess you'd better name them then since it seems rather convenient for you to say "these are not the quitterbirds I am looking for".
If I wished to name them, I would have started this thread in the FZ with their names in the title.

See how that works?
Yes, I see EXACTLY how it works...you can play that those you intended on replying not showing up...and no one else would be the wiser as to who you had in mind. Pretty clever...if it wasn't so transparent what game you were playing. :lol:
LOTS of folks here know exactly who I'm talking about. Just because you do not, isn't relevant. You know it's not you, and that's all.

When they show it will be quite evident. But they won't, because on top of being misogynistic partisan hacks, they're also cowards.

Where are all the wails and cries of "quitter!" when it comes to Van Jones?

Van Jones plays the Palin, "They smeared me" card and isn't called on it or called a "quitter" by the far-left? Hypocrisy.

He uses the same basic language Palin did when she resigned -- that the job is bigger than one person, too much focus on me, enemies smearing me, blah blah blah -- and gets a pass?

How so? Quitterbirds, please elucidate. Isn't a crybaby, blame-shifting quitter still a quitter, no matter the gender?

Or, did misogyny play a part in your Palin rants?

How is this even remotely the same thing?

Where are all the wails and cries of "quitter!" when it comes to Van Jones?

Van Jones plays the Palin, "They smeared me" card and isn't called on it or called a "quitter" by the far-left? Hypocrisy.

How so? Quitterbirds, please elucidate. Isn't a crybaby, blame-shifting quitter still a quitter, no matter the gender?

Or, did misogyny play a part in your Palin rants?

How is this even remotely the same thing?
You're not trying hard enough. To "keep it honest" that is. Actually, not trying at all.

Two people resign from a job, citing almost the exact same reasons. Are they both quitters or not? I say, yes they are. What say you?

Yup. A quitter.

However, he was never elected. Tens of thousands did not stand in line to vote for him, nor did organized group raise money for him, campaign for him, and worked hard for him to be the executor of his 'state.'

A leettle different.
The people of the elected one's state should be the only ones having an issue there.

Your caveat is noted and valid however.
Perhaps, but in the history of elected Executives of a state, it is EXTRAORDINARILY rare for a Governor to just quit in the middle of term for reasons other than heath, election to higher office or scandal.

Presidential appointments resign all the time. Bush had plenty, as did other presidents.

That has to be factored into the equation.

Frankly, I admire Mark Sanford for hanging in there. If anyone (especially a governor) had a valid reason to quit, it's him.

to me it looks like you are losing a fight against your own straw man. you should quit.

But, the question before us is, isn't a blame-shifting quitter still a blame-shifting quitter no matter the race, gender or color of skin? Or political stripe?

cute, you think i am going to play with you. no, not this time.

Yup. A quitter.

However, he was never elected. Tens of thousands did not stand in line to vote for him, nor did organized group raise money for him, campaign for him, and worked hard for him to be the executor of his 'state.'

A leettle different.

no, the people didn't vote for him,, and that's why all czars must go. but he is a quitter nonetheless. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Why are there czars at all, from a President who promised fundamental change, not more of the same?

Jones was nothing more than an employee, a manager of a department in a sub-agency who had some expertise in the area. In fact, I suspect he didn't "quit" at all, but was asked to step down.

Yea and by far the funniest thing said so far on this whole Czar scandal is Howard Dean actually saying that this creep is a "very big loss for our country." Yea Howard,all of America is weeping because this wacko extremist creep is gone. Pretty hilarious stuff. This creep should have been fired and not allowed to resign. Your post is quite accurate. The Hopey Changey "Quitter" sheep are nowhere to be found today.

no, the people didn't vote for him,, and that's why all czars must go. but he is a quitter nonetheless. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Why are there czars at all, from a President who promised fundamental change, not more of the same?

Jones was nothing more than an employee, a manager of a department in a sub-agency who had some expertise in the area.
Jones was a political appointee with a direct line to the President. He was not approved or confirmed by Congress, and was not answerable to Congress. His office was in the West Wing.
In fact, I suspect he didn't "quit" at all, but was asked to step down.
There's a difference? A choice between quitting and being fired is still a choice. He chose to quit, making him a quitter.

cute, you think i am going to play with you. no, not this time.
I was pretty sure you wouldn't answer, if that's what "playing" means.

He's allowed to exit with grace. He did a honorable job. He was a great guy. He wasn't a Republican. He rules. Palin awful. She left with disgrace. She did a dishonorable job. She is a horrible but great looking girl. She was a Bush Republican. She drools.

He's allowed to exit with grace. He did a honorable job. He was a great guy. He wasn't a Republican. He rules. Palin awful. She left with disgrace. She did a dishonorable job. She is a horrible but great looking girl. She was a Bush Republican. She drools.
He can be an avowed Marxist, a militant black seperatist, a confirmed racist, anything but a repug, and that makes him a "great guy" right?

But, is he a quitter, is the question.

And if you think he has exited, you're far off. He's still going to "work with the administration" according to Gibbs.

Last edited:
He can be an avowed Marxist, a militant black seperatist, a confirmed racist, anything but a repug, and that makes him a "great guy" right?

And if you think he has exited, you're far off. He's still going to "work with the administration" according to Gibbs.

If he was selected by Obama, not Bush, he's a good guy. Has MSNBC spoke of him as they do with Palin?

The Hopey Changey "Quitter" sheep will be nowhere to be found today. Pretty cowardly on their part. Great post Midnight but don't expect many responses from those hypocrites. Nice try though. ;)

If he was selected by Obama, not Bush, he's a good guy.
Thanks for admitting you're just a cheap partisan hack.
Has MSNBC spoke of him as they do with Palin?
Isn't that the point?

Is he a quitter. That's the question. And really, give your mom her computer back.

You're joking, right? Either that or you are simply not reading my posts, OR your reputation comments!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How many times here in this thread have I acknowledged you and others who correctly identified Jones as a quitter without taking into consideration his race, gender, political stripe or any other factor other than, he quit? Today and yesterday too!

The QUITTERBIRDS I am looking for are NOT here and have not been here.

Well, I guess you'd better name them then since it seems rather convenient for you to say "these are not the quitterbirds I am looking for".
If I wished to name them, I would have started this thread in the FZ with their names in the title.

See how that works?

It rightfully belongs in the Lame Zone. Just look how much time you've wasted on this silliness.

The Hopey Changey "Quitter" sheep will be nowhere to be found today. Pretty cowardly on their part. Great post Midnight but don't expect many responses from those hypocrites. Nice try though. ;)
It was nice to see the honest replies from Bod, Ravi, paperview, and some others who call it like it is without partisanship. But those replies from folks such as those were expected.

I never expected any of the cowards to show up, and they haven't.

See how that works?

It rightfully belongs in the Lame Zone. Just look how much time you've wasted on this silliness.
Uh-huh. Dodge the question any way you can! But no matter what you do, you cannot control your impulse to post in this thread! So long as it means not answering!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If he was selected by Obama, not Bush, he's a good guy.
Thanks for admitting you're just a cheap partisan hack.
Has MSNBC spoke of him as they do with Palin?
Isn't that the point?

Is he a quitter. That's the question. And really, give your mom her computer back.

But are you just the same, partisan hack, who is against the messiah. Who tells people to not voice their partisan hack opinions since it disagrees with your own partisan hack mentality. Why are we hacks again?

Forum List

Back