Where are all the Quitterbirds?

Feb 28, 2009
Where are all the wails and cries of "quitter!" when it comes to Van Jones?

Van Jones plays the Palin, "They smeared me" card and isn't called on it or called a "quitter" by the far-left? Hypocrisy.

He uses the same basic language Palin did when she resigned -- that the job is bigger than one person, too much focus on me, enemies smearing me, blah blah blah -- and gets a pass?

How so? Quitterbirds, please elucidate. Isn't a crybaby, blame-shifting quitter still a quitter, no matter the gender?

Or, did misogyny play a part in your Palin rants?

Last edited:
Oh, he's a quitter alright. And a coward. I gave up on him when he quit.

I don't think people should resign because they were suspicious of the Bush regime's motives any more than I think the birthers or deathers should be forced to resign. Well, maybe the deathers...

But if he was such a coward that he couldn't deal with the rightwing spin machine then he doesn't belong in a government job. Ditto Palin.

Yup. A quitter.

However, he was never elected. Tens of thousands did not stand in line to vote for him, nor did organized group raise money for him, campaign for him, and worked hard for him to be the executor of his 'state.'

A leettle different.

• Banned
Yup. A quitter.

However, he was never elected. Tens of thousands did not stand in line to vote for him, nor did organized group raise money for him, campaign for him, and worked hard for him to be the executor of his 'state.'

A leettle different.
The people of the elected one's state should be the only ones having an issue there.

Your caveat is noted and valid however.

Yup. A quitter.

A leettle different.
The people of the elected one's state should be the only ones having an issue there.

Perhaps, but in the history of elected Executives of a state, it is EXTRAORDINARILY rare for a Governor to just quit in the middle of term for reasons other than heath, election to higher office or scandal.

Presidential appointments resign all the time. Bush had plenty, as did other presidents.

That has to be factored into the equation.

You make a good point, Paperview. I'd not vote for either of them, but chances are only Palin will ever run. There's something worse about quitting in the middle of a term you were elected to...

I'm curious, has any other elected official quit because they couldn't stand criticism?

• Banned
Yup. A quitter.

A leettle different.

Perhaps, but in the history of elected Executives of a state, it is EXTRAORDINARILY rare for a Governor to just quit in the middle of term for reasons other than heath, election to higher office or scandal.
But really has zilch to do with a "czar" appointment, someone who is not vetted and approved, and is not answerable to, Congress.
Presidential appointments resign all the time. Bush had plenty, as did other presidents.
>Clickme<

• Banned
I'm curious, has any other elected official quit because they couldn't stand criticism?
That might make a great, separate thread. This one is for all the Quitterbirds who railed on Palin to show they really just don't like quitter crybabies, and aren't either just pure partisan hacks or just out and out misogynists.

You and paperview are representing yourselves fairly well, so far. Calling the guy a quitter is a start.

But really has zilch to do with a "czar" appointment, someone who is not vetted and approved, and is not answerable to, Congress.
>Clickme<
Lots of presidential appointments are not vetted by congress.
I don't really see your point. They still resign - for whatever reason, and they are not elected, as Sarah was.

Your second >click me< point is meaningless, as I referred to other presidents. I mentioned him because he had a slew, and was the last pres.
I'm using inclusive historical context, not a "mom he did it too" defense.

You make a good point, Paperview. I'd not vote for either of them, but chances are only Palin will ever run. There's something worse about quitting in the middle of a term you were elected to...

Thank you. When the Quitter quit, I did do some research, which I am too lazy to look up now, but no. None have.
Not in the last 50-60 years, that I could find.

All others left the Executive position (and there were not that many) because of the previous mentioned reasons.

>Clickme<
I don't really see your point. They still resign - for whatever reason, and they are not elected, as Sarah was.

Your second >click me< point is meaningless, as I referred to other presidents. I mentioned him because he had a slew, and was the last pres.
Please. You should stop while you're looking good. The "mom the other kid did it too" defense IS "inclusive historical context!!!"

But really has zilch to do with a "czar" appointment, someone who is not vetted and approved, and is not answerable to, Congress.>Clickme<

Please. You should stop while you're looking good. The "mom the other kid did it too" defense IS "inclusive historical context!!!"
To use the FACT other presidential appointments resign ALLL throughout our long history - and have it completely negated because you wish to not include it as part of equation in the current administration is simply inane.

You really think you're making a solid point by saying we can not use any history as a precedent?

Really?

To use the FACT other presidential appointments resign ALLL throughout our long history
The kid uses the FACT that the other kids did it too even though he promised Mom HE wouldn't, and gets slapped upside the head for his trouble.

To use the FACT other presidential appointments resign ALLL throughout our long history
The kid uses the FACT that the other kids did it too even though he promised Mom HE wouldn't, and gets slapped upside the head for his trouble.
When did Obama ever say none of his appointments would resign?

What kind of a silly comparison is that?

Your posts are getting goofier by the minute.

When did Obama ever say none of his appointments would resign?

What kind of a silly comparison is that?

Your posts are getting goofier by the minute.
Don't be silly. That's not the claim at all.

You're getting more obtuse by the minute, and you were doing SO well....

MM: Your whole thread is based on a COMPARISON.

Somehow though, you want to exclude comparisons you don't like.

Ok. I think I got you now.
Clearly you are not reading what is posted, here or in that other thread.

Reading provides clarity.

THIS thread is about all the Quitterbirds having a chance to show they really hate quitters, not just con female ones.

The other thread is about the mindless ardent defense of The Obama with the old "mom the other kid did it too" defense.

And if you READ that thread, you'll see your assumptions about the premises of the debates are both wrong.

See?

THIS thread is about all the Quitterbirds having a chance to show they really hate quitters, not just con female ones.

The other thread is about the mindless ardent defense of The Obama with the old "mom the other kid did it too" defense.

And if you READ that thread, you'll see your assumptions about the premises of the debates are both wrong.

See?
You've already been proven wrong, both PPV and I consider the guy a quitter and wouldn't vote for him.

You assume a lot of stupid things, no offense.

See?
You've already been proven wrong, both PPV and I consider the guy a quitter and wouldn't vote for him.

You assume a lot of stupid things, no offense.
No one's been proven right or wrong.

You completely fail to do either until you understand the concepts of the premises, which clearly you do not.

Forum List

Back