When You Put Liberals In Charge Of The Fisc.....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
.....they simply squander your tax receipts.

1. Once upon a time moms could stay home and help raise children, instill civility and that sort of thing.
Do you know the single greatest bar to one-income family life?
Taxes.

I bet you pay some 50% of your earned income to government at all levels, federal, state, sales, fees, fines, charges of one sort or another.
No more one-income family.

2. One host, on WMAL, Washington, complains about 'National Panhandler Radio, NPR' getting taxpayer funds, and their stations gets nothing.

He's correct;

"In the end, then, local NPR affiliates derive something like 41% of their funding from taxes, either directly or indirectly.

As annoying as I find the bias at MSNBC or the New York Times, I will respect to the end their right to be as biased as they'd like. What they do with their money and whatever funds they can convince advertisers to kick in is their own business. The same does not apply to the likes of NPR. That's your money and my money going into their coffers and funding that unbalanced message. We need to demand that NPR either be pushed away from the public trough or be required to present a modicum of evenhandedness."

3. ".If the budget is accepted by Congress, the nearly $450 million spent annually on National Public Radio, the Public Broadcasting Network and a number of small regional public radio and TV networks would disappear. "
Trump Budget Has Public Broadcasting in a Fight for its Life

4. How careful is NPR with your tax 'donations'???

They have a 'resident poet.'

'Running For Your Life': A Community Poem For Ahmaud Arbery
NPR's poet-in-residence Kwame Alexander took lines from the many submissions to create a community poem. Contributors are credited at the bottom."

5. How much federal funding does Limbaugh get?

It's taxes and.....let us not forget
1) wages have not grown nowhere near what they should have.
2). Healthcare has been on the increase since the early 80s. Even a decent plan has a $4000 deductible which is alot for the vast vast majority of workers.
3). Considering how hard working, work till you drop Americans are still sputtering along. That isn't a dream.
That's just a start. It takes two decent I comes to scrape it by nowadays. I get and agree with your point but there's a ton of other things going against the greatest workforce the world has ever seen.

2. One host, on WMAL, Washington, complains about 'National Panhandler Radio, NPR' getting taxpayer funds, and their stations gets nothing.

Well WMAL is not public radio. It's a business. Does he expect the taxpayer to pay for free enterprise.
Still if they file bankruptcy the government would step in to help and they would take it.

Well assuming that the 41 percent is accurate at the local level as at the national level it around 15%, it would depend on what area they are covering. Still majority of support comes from the views and they make contributions. Other sources of revue exist. So with the budget battle for funds in this point in time, Public radio will probably take a hit. Still the have an audience and they vote.

Well WMAL is not public radio. It's a business. Does he expect the taxpayer to pay for free enterprise.
Still if they file bankruptcy the government would step in to help and they would take it.

Well assuming that the 41 percent is accurate at the local level as at the national level it around 15%, it would depend on what area they are covering. Still majority of support comes from the views and they make contributions. Other sources of revue exist. So with the budget battle for funds in this point in time, Public radio will probably take a hit. Still the have an audience and they vote.

1. What's the reason NPR deserves taxpayer funding?

2. Where, in article 1, section 8, does the Constitution authorize same?

3. Why are you so parsimonious as to reach into my pocket to pay it, rather than your own?

"One host, on WMAL, Washington, complains about 'National Panhandler Radio, NPR' getting taxpayer funds, and their stations gets nothing. "

Let me expand on that.
Chris Plante, the radio host, points out that the NPR show opposite his, has 22 people working, being paid, at NPR.
Counting himself, he states that WMAL has three people.

The point, in case you are too dense to fathom it, is that money is no object when it is someone else's.....the taxpayer's.....money.

Hence, as well.....a 'resident poet' on payroll.

Now, exactly what is the value to the Democrats/Liberals/Progessives who see to it that NPR....'National Panhandler Radio'...gets funded?

Can you dig it?

Last edited:
A strong work ethic today isn't going to amount to much of anything if it's not in the right field. A worker can no longer get by on hard work.

1. Once upon a time moms could stay home and help raise children, instill civility and that sort of thing.
Taxes.

I bet you pay some 50% of your earned income to government at all levels, federal, state, sales, fees, fines, charges of one sort or another.

He's correct;

"In the end, then, local NPR affiliates derive something like 41% of their funding from taxes, either directly or indirectly.

As annoying as I find the bias at MSNBC or the New York Times, I will respect to the end their right to be as biased as they'd like. What they do with their money and whatever funds they can convince advertisers to kick in is their own business. The same does not apply to the likes of NPR. That's your money and my money going into their coffers and funding that unbalanced message. We need to demand that NPR either be pushed away from the public trough or be required to present a modicum of evenhandedness."

3. ".If the budget is accepted by Congress, the nearly $450 million spent annually on National Public Radio, the Public Broadcasting Network and a number of small regional public radio and TV networks would disappear. "

NPR's poet-in-residence Kwame Alexander took lines from the many submissions to create a community poem. Contributors are credited at the bottom."

You do realize all republican presidents in over 100 years, including the pussygrabber have caused at least one recession, only to have democrats to replce them and fix economy...

1590790073393.png
1590790226704.png
1590790337956.png
1590790377725.png

Taxes.

He's correct;

You do realize all republican presidents in over 100 years, including the pussygrabber have caused at least one recession, only to have democrats to replce them and fix economy...

View attachment 342624View attachment 342627View attachment 342628View attachment 342629

Do you realize that you've totally ignored the post to which you've linked?

Why is that?

Could it be that, as always, the truth deeply wounds your Leftists?

I bet that's it.

Taxes.

He's correct;

Another questionable source from PoliticalCreep:

• Overall, we rate the American Thinker, Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories/pseudoscience, use of poor sources and several failed fact checks.

You "once upon" a time is a fucking fairy tale, Creep. The ONLY mothers who could stay at home with their children, were the mothers of middle and upper class children. Mothers of the poor always had to work.

So once we've shown that your entire argument is based on a false premise using Questionable Sources, can we relegate yet another PoliticalCreep piece of shit discussion to the Rubber Room?

Taxes.

He's correct;

View attachment 342624View attachment 342627View attachment 342628View attachment 342629

Why is that?

I bet that's it.

Your arguments are typical for a poorly educated deplorable...

1590793434912.png

NPR and public radio etc was established by Congress. Public broadcasting act of 1967 and most of the members stations are owned by government entities ie public universities.

• Clause 18
  • To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
    Congress has the power stated in the constitutions to make laws. It is voted on in both houses and if it passes then it good as gold.

3. Why are you so parsimonious as to reach into my pocket to pay it, rather than your own?

I pay taxes just as you do so why do you dismiss my perception in favor of your perceptions when it is in fact a law past by congress.

You nor I are asked by the government for permission to spend money and on what it is spent on. People agree and they disagree but unfortunately the majority wins. You can withhold paying taxes if you feel so strongly about it but in the end you will lose. I disagreed with the war with Iraq but I still had to pay my taxes as you did.

Still percentage wise with taxes, it is difficult to say your taxes actually pay for this or that. It goes into the pot. So for example if the taxes paid by person A is 4,OOO dollars. It can be used for any of the government spending budgets. To say your tax money is specifically used to fund public radio is a stretch. The odds are greater that it is spent on something else. You can get your feathers all riled up but one person does not make a different when it comes to the budget of the US government.

"One host, on WMAL, Washington, complains about 'National Panhandler Radio, NPR' getting taxpayer funds, and their stations gets nothing. "

Let me expand on that.
Chris Plante, the radio host, points out that the NPR show opposite his, has 22 people working, being paid, at NPR.

The point, in case you are too dense to fathom it, is that money is no object when it is someone else's.....the taxpayer's.....money.

Now, exactly what is the value to the Democrats/Liberals/Progessives who see to it that NPR....'National Panhandler Radio'...gets funded?

Can you dig it?

I can dig it. Your still have not defeated the argument that WMAL is a private business not funded by congress . Still did WMAL get some of that money from the pandemic? Did WMAL get some tax breaks from Trumps earlier initiatives for businesses and in that light even previous tax breaks for business.? If they file bankruptcy will I have to pay for it. WMAL is free to do what it wants.

NPR is restricted by government guidelines. See my earlier post and become enlightened. They are successful. The little guy always complains about the big conglomerate which usually has a large share of the market. If the little guy makes it big then there will be others who criticize them. The right has had their butt clinched on this issues since the 60's

You still do not get the part where NPR is funded by a law passed by congress. Still NPR get 80 percent of its money from public donations, corporate donations, and other sources. NPR gets about 18 percent of its revenue from the government.

are you proposing that WMAL also be funded by the government. Well they can if they adhere to public radio guidelines as established by the law, they can get some of that money honey.

But if they want to do things led by the owner of that station then that is the price of free enterprise. . You can make it big or you can get by.

Still there are at least 30,367 total licensed broadcast outlets and the competition is fierce. NPR get over 50 percent of it revenue from donors. Nobody is that interested in WMAL. They have their local listeners but it matters who you are affiliated with.

If you want to give them a bullhorn, feel free to do so but they do not have a point on this matter.

WMAL can sell to businesses to advertise on their station.

it is in the public interest to encourage the growth and development of public radio and television broadcasting, including the use of such media for instructional, educational, and cultural purposes;

WMAL is not interested in providing instructional, education and cultural programming. They pander to their advertisers who pay them and whatever base they have. They choose the content of that programming.

Taxes.

He's correct;

• Overall, we rate the American Thinker, Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories/pseudoscience, use of poor sources and several failed fact checks.

You "once upon" a time is a fucking fairy tale, Creep. The ONLY mothers who could stay at home with their children, were the mothers of middle and upper class children. Mothers of the poor always had to work.

So once we've shown that your entire argument is based on a false premise using Questionable Sources, can we relegate yet another PoliticalCreep piece of shit discussion to the Rubber Room?

Another dissembling Liberal who can't face the topic that brought it here.

You can run, but you can't hide.
So saith the Brown Bomber

Taxes.

He's correct;

Why is that?

I bet that's it.

Your arguments are typical for a poorly educated deplorable...

View attachment 342640

Oh....and, BTW.....be sure to let me know when you'd like to compare educations with moi.

NPR and public radio etc was established by Congress. Public broadcasting act of 1967 and most of the members stations are owned by government entities ie public universities.

• Clause 18
  • To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
    Congress has the power stated in the constitutions to make laws. It is voted on in both houses and if it passes then it good as gold.

I pay taxes just as you do so why do you dismiss my perception in favor of your perceptions when it is in fact a law past by congress.

You nor I are asked by the government for permission to spend money and on what it is spent on. People agree and they disagree but unfortunately the majority wins. You can withhold paying taxes if you feel so strongly about it but in the end you will lose. I disagreed with the war with Iraq but I still had to pay my taxes as you did.

Still percentage wise with taxes, it is difficult to say your taxes actually pay for this or that. It goes into the pot. So for example if the taxes paid by person A is 4,OOO dollars. It can be used for any of the government spending budgets. To say your tax money is specifically used to fund public radio is a stretch. The odds are greater that it is spent on something else. You can get your feathers all riled up but one person does not make a different when it comes to the budget of the US government.

Let me expand on that.

Can you dig it?

I can dig it. Your still have not defeated the argument that WMAL is a private business not funded by congress . Still did WMAL get some of that money from the pandemic? Did WMAL get some tax breaks from Trumps earlier initiatives for businesses and in that light even previous tax breaks for business.? If they file bankruptcy will I have to pay for it. WMAL is free to do what it wants.

NPR is restricted by government guidelines. See my earlier post and become enlightened. They are successful. The little guy always complains about the big conglomerate which usually has a large share of the market. If the little guy makes it big then there will be others who criticize them. The right has had their butt clinched on this issues since the 60's

You still do not get the part where NPR is funded by a law passed by congress. Still NPR get 80 percent of its money from public donations, corporate donations, and other sources. NPR gets about 18 percent of its revenue from the government.

are you proposing that WMAL also be funded by the government. Well they can if they adhere to public radio guidelines as established by the law, they can get some of that money honey.

But if they want to do things led by the owner of that station then that is the price of free enterprise. . You can make it big or you can get by.

Still there are at least 30,367 total licensed broadcast outlets and the competition is fierce. NPR get over 50 percent of it revenue from donors. Nobody is that interested in WMAL. They have their local listeners but it matters who you are affiliated with.

If you want to give them a bullhorn, feel free to do so but they do not have a point on this matter.

WMAL can sell to businesses to advertise on their station.

it is in the public interest to encourage the growth and development of public radio and television broadcasting, including the use of such media for instructional, educational, and cultural purposes;

WMAL is not interested in providing instructional, education and cultural programming. They pander to their advertisers who pay them and whatever base they have. They choose the content of that programming.

Now.....focus like a laser: NPR is nothing more than another house organ for the Democrat/Liberal/Leftists.
They are paid to shill for the Bolsheviks, no different from Izvestia or Pravda.
And their source of income is the same as those was......

Taxes.

He's correct;

That's not the issue you raised. You said women can't afford to stay home any more because of Democratic fiscal policies, and I called you on the lie. I posted links and evidence from VALID sources. You haven't responded to what I posted at all, unless you consider deflecting to NPR and insults a response.

Having your argument destroyed you come back with some bullshit argument about NPR funding. Women's can't afford to stay at home because of NPR funding? What a stupid premise, but then again, you've always been short on both facts and logic.

Then you ask what has to be one of the dumbest questions you've ever asked, and that is saying something indeed: You asked what is the value of taxpayers funding NPR? Are your critical thinking skills so lacking that cannot see the idiocy of questioning why one of the largest nations on earth might have need of a publically owned radio network, which provides news, information and programming not dependent on the whims of sponsorship or the politics of the owners?

I can certainly see why those who favour crooks and liars in the White House would oppose the NPR. Trump is desperate to eliminate any media which continues to tell the truth to the American people, but simply logic,n reason and common sense, would tell you why every nation on earth has their own version of both public radio and public television, both democracies and autocracies.

The right complains endlessly about the mainstream media, because the MSN refuses to buy into the lies and conspiracy theories the Republican Party has been pushing since Clinton was elected, and which the Billionaire Media busily repeats, reinforces and amplifies. The Murdochs, Koch Brothers, Sinclairs, and Mercers are busy promoting the racial divisions, and conspiracy theories because Republicans have no record they can run on.

As we're sitting amidst the 3rd major economic crisis in the past 40 years, it would seem that only an idiot would be criticizing the Democrats handling of the economy, with both of the Democratic Presidents during the same time frame having restored and rebuilt the economy after a Republican President's policies crashed it, but you're that special idiot.

Everything I've ever said about economics is playing out here right before your very eyes and still you're blaming Democrats for this mess. Are you that stupid? Either you are, or you think we that people can't look around and see 40 million unemployed - again. The nation in flames as once again, police are killing unarmed black people - hunting them down and murdering them in broad daylight while people say "You're killing him", while white people are storming state houses with long guns intimidating those who refuse to do their bidding, and no tear gas, no rubber bullets for them.

You have to be dumber than a sack of rocks to come around here with your right wing bullshit and warn of the dangers of a Democratic government at this point, bimbo.

Forum List

Back