when you pay for health insurance you pay the the care of others

what happened when encarceration sees a profit?

the same thing

Do you know why they pay out 80% ?

you dont do you?

YES I do because I've READ their financial reports!
1) % of premiums spent on Claims:
Total Premium % of Premium
in billions - 2009 paid in claims
UnitedHealth Group $81,186 82.30%
WellPoint $61,251 80.60%
Aetna $30,951 76.90%
Humana $28,946 83.20%
Cigna $19,101 82.30%
Health Net $15,367 83.90%

AVERAGE % of Premiums paid in claims: 81.53%!!!

Fortune 500 2009: Industry: Health Care: Insurance and Managed Care

good for you to go get it.

Looks to me like the 80% mark insisted upon in the healthcare bill was very reasonable huh?

thank you for agreeing it was reasonable

Someone will always have to pay. Hospitals, Doctors, Medical equipment companies, Pharmaceutical companies, Ambulance services and so on, they all have to make a profit. Currently the people who are uninsured get medical care at the emergency room. That cost is passed on to other insured patients to protect their profit. Their insurance may cover some of it and that is passed on the to all insured people.

the actual cost for the services you noted are inflated, many times enormously because the service is provided by for profit interests.

So in the end it matters not how it is packaged, someone will pay for the uninsured. Of course the uninsured cannot get preventive care and this causes the care they get when a preventable disease or illness to increase, increasing the cost to hospitals. Excellant point Interesting dilemma.

There is no easy button here. We could institute a ban on providing services to the uninsured, of course then you could have rotting bodies on the hospital sidewalks and it would take a Federal law to to do it.

My grandmother passed away at 102. Shortly before her death, she was put in an ambulance and driven from San Mateo Co through San Francisco and into Marin for an X-Ray. The bill to medicare was enormous, over $2,000 dollars. Within one mile of the Assisted Living housing where she was cared for was a major hospital.

Why shouldnt someone make a living off providing health care to others? You seem to think that working hard for your neighbors is a bad thing.

there should never be a profit associated with the pain and suffering of human beings

Claims Paid

The total claims paid are the amount of money paid by insurance companies to health care providers and hospitals for medical services received by their members. The table below shows the amount of claims paid by insurance company and how those claims payments compare to the amount of premiums paid to the insurance company. A percentage above 100% means that the company paid more to healthcare providers than they collected in premiums from employers and individuals. On the other hand, a percentage below 100% means that the company paid less to healthcare providers than they collected in premiums. The graph following this table shows the percentage of premiums paid for claims by market segment.

Then in the state of Maine...

Table 4. 2010 Dollar Amount Spent on Claims and Percentage of Premium
Premium claims % of premium
Aetna $193,312,231 $78,658,937 83%
Anthem $823,002,555 $597,704,671 89%
Connecticut
General $113,853,200 $113,714,738 79%
Harvard $158,404,390 $89,807,234 88%
Mega $21,174,549 $2,558,030 70%
Nationwide
Life Ins Co $1,065,174 $1,065,174 36%
United Healthcare $7,781,710 $6,914,692 79%
All Other Insurers $17,247,354 $3,349,668 59%
Total $1,335,841,162 $891,215,114 86%
Note: Small Group and Individual include the DirigoChoice product. This product was sold through Anthem in 2007 and moved to Harvard Pilgrim in 2008.

Financial Results for Health Insurance Companies in Maine : Brochures : Bureau of Insurance

DEAL with FACTS NOT guesses!

Why shouldnt someone make a living off providing health care to others? You seem to think that working hard for your neighbors is a bad thing.

tell me who in an insurance company provides hands on healthcare?

they do not need to exsist for people to be provided care

Claims Paid

The total claims paid are the amount of money paid by insurance companies to health care providers and hospitals for medical services received by their members. The table below shows the amount of claims paid by insurance company and how those claims payments compare to the amount of premiums paid to the insurance company. A percentage above 100% means that the company paid more to healthcare providers than they collected in premiums from employers and individuals. On the other hand, a percentage below 100% means that the company paid less to healthcare providers than they collected in premiums. The graph following this table shows the percentage of premiums paid for claims by market segment.

Connecticut
Nationwide
Note: Small Group and Individual include the DirigoChoice product. This product was sold through Anthem in 2007 and moved to Harvard Pilgrim in 2008.

Financial Results for Health Insurance Companies in Maine : Brochures : Bureau of Insurance

Nationwide

thank you for helping me prove some of these insurance coes were rat bastards who needed a law to make them act decent

When I was in grade school I had to do a current event Homework project. I was a lazy fuck and waited until the morning to do the project. There was an article in that mornings newspaper about astronauts spotting an ICBM, so I clipped it and brought to to school.

When my turn came to present my article, I shucked and jived and thought I was finished when the teacher asked me if I could tell the class what an "ICBM" was. I couldn't and the teacher made a point to embarrass me in front of the class by saying I should stick with stuff I know like lost dogs (the teacher reminded me a lot of our sweet Jilly, they had the same charm)

I never forgot the lesson.

Likewise, if you have no fucking idea at all about how the insurance business works, you should probably not comment or start threads on it. The insurance business writes policies that are usually breakeven on a current basis, they make their money investing the float. Some exceptional insurers like Berkshire Hathaway actually write profitable policies AND make money on the float

you dont do you?

WellPoint $61,251 80.60%
Aetna $30,951 76.90%
Humana $28,946 83.20%
Cigna $19,101 82.30%

You left out the amount of profit. You also left out the number of policy holders who were denied service or had their policy canceled because the limits were exceeded.

When I was in grade school I had to do a current event Homework project. I was a lazy fuck and waited until the morning to do the project. There was an article in that mornings newspaper about astronauts spotting an ICBM, so I clipped it and brought to to school.

When my turn came to present my article, I shucked and jived and thought I was finished when the teacher asked me if I could tell the class what an "ICBM" was. I couldn't and the teacher made a point to embarrass me in front of the class by saying I should stick with stuff I know like lost dogs (the teacher reminded me a lot of our sweet Jilly, they had the same charm)

Likewise, if you have no fucking idea at all about how the insurance business works, you should probably not comment or start threads on it. The insurance business writes policies that are usually breakeven on a current basis, they make their money investing the float. Some exceptional insurers like Berkshire Hathaway actually write profitable policies AND make money on the float

read the post above this one

you dont do you?

WellPoint $61,251 80.60%
Aetna $30,951 76.90%
Humana $28,946 83.20%
Cigna $19,101 82.30%

good for you to go get it.

Looks to me like the 80% mark insisted upon in the healthcare bill was very reasonable huh?

thank you for agreeing it was reasonable

But it wasn't NECESSARY!

The realities of insurance companies is THEY pay the claims presented to them.
So when hospitals send Medicare claims with 6,000% markup THEY pay!
Insurance companies just pass on in form of HIGHER Premiums!

Totally unnecessary though because all that should happen is
1) 8.5 million REALLY want and need health insurance NOT 50 million!
2) Hospitals Pad and pass to Medicare/ins.cos those "uncompensated" services.
3) So tax lawyers/hospitals 5% of lawyers $100 billion and hospitals claims.
4) FORCE require when hospital sees an uninsured to SEND the claim and register the
patient with uninsured ins. company!
5) $20 billion in premium from tax on lawyers/hospitals pays the claims!
problem solved!
Hospitals continue to lower their "padding and passing" to Medicare/ins. Cos.
Lawyers will see taxes reduced WHEN $600 billion in Defensive medicine declines!
SAVINGS all around.
WITHOUT destruction of health care!

Claims Paid

Connecticut
Nationwide

black heart assholes

Someone will always have to pay. Hospitals, Doctors, Medical equipment companies, Pharmaceutical companies, Ambulance services and so on, they all have to make a profit. Currently the people who are uninsured get medical care at the emergency room. That cost is passed on to other insured patients to protect their profit. Their insurance may cover some of it and that is passed on the to all insured people.

the actual cost for the services you noted are inflated, many times enormously because the service is provided by for profit interests.

So in the end it matters not how it is packaged, someone will pay for the uninsured. Of course the uninsured cannot get preventive care and this causes the care they get when a preventable disease or illness to increase, increasing the cost to hospitals. Excellant point Interesting dilemma.

There is no easy button here. We could institute a ban on providing services to the uninsured, of course then you could have rotting bodies on the hospital sidewalks and it would take a Federal law to to do it.

My grandmother passed away at 102. Shortly before her death, she was put in an ambulance and driven from San Mateo Co through San Francisco and into Marin for an X-Ray. The bill to medicare was enormous, over $2,000 dollars. Within one mile of the Assisted Living housing where she was cared for was a major hospital.

Thanks for highlighting the problems with government run healthcare

Don't forget your speaking about OL'Splatters.

She is just in love with taking care of everyone. Of course the fact that other peoples money is used doesn't bother her one little bit.

In fact if you object to her little utopia your black hearted.

Being called black hearted doesn't bother me one little bit. LOL

and they HAVE to give 80% at least beacuse its mandated in the healthcare bill

Forum List

Back