when you pay for health insurance you pay the the care of others

You have a choice of whether or not to buy insurance. The government's tax is forced. If I don't buy insurance and I never have, the IRS didn't confiscate anything.

I don't hate the poor, but I do have a great deal of contempt for most of them. I grew up very, VERY poor. That was back before the government made it comfortable. Back when there was no such thing as food stamps or HUD housing. When being poor was really painful. If being poor had been as comfortable then as it is today, my Dad would never have bothered to get a job. I would never have found poverty to be so painful I went to law school. My son would now be third generation welfare instead of a business executive.

I don't hate the poor, but I have no sympathy for them.

so you have no sympathy because you know how it feels to be poor?

yeap your a black heart con

Someone will always have to pay. Hospitals, Doctors, Medical equipment companies, Pharmaceutical companies, Ambulance services and so on, they all have to make a profit. Currently the people who are uninsured get medical care at the emergency room. That cost is passed on to other insured patients to protect their profit. Their insurance may cover some of it and that is passed on the to all insured people.

So in the end it matters not how it is packaged, someone will pay for the uninsured. Of course the uninsured cannot get preventive care and this causes the care they get when a preventable disease or illness to increase, increasing the cost to hospitals. Interesting dilemma.

There is no easy button here. We could institute a ban on providing services to the uninsured, of course then you could have rotting bodies on the hospital sidewalks and it would take a Federal law to to do it.

My, my, all that yap-yap, and no referance to the fact that there are over 20 countries paying far less per capita for their health care system, covering all of their citizens, and getting much better results. So why are we not doing the same?

Because the right leaning voter has bought into the lies of the corporations who dont want to have their profits limited by things that are actually good for human beings

Someone will always have to pay. Hospitals, Doctors, Medical equipment companies, Pharmaceutical companies, Ambulance services and so on, they all have to make a profit. Currently the people who are uninsured get medical care at the emergency room. That cost is passed on to other insured patients to protect their profit. Their insurance may cover some of it and that is passed on the to all insured people.

So in the end it matters not how it is packaged, someone will pay for the uninsured. Of course the uninsured cannot get preventive care and this causes the care they get when a preventable disease or illness to increase, increasing the cost to hospitals. Interesting dilemma.

There is no easy button here. We could institute a ban on providing services to the uninsured, of course then you could have rotting bodies on the hospital sidewalks and it would take a Federal law to to do it.

very good simple breakdown of the problem.

Better care for the poor makes their care cheaper for those of us who have to front their care.

being a decent human being and saving money is somehow BAD to the right.

why would anyone buy that it was bad evern though it saves money and makes people healthier?

because they have bought the corporate line designed to protect their profits

1) I dont have a problem if insurance companies make money. In fact, I encourage it. people or companies that provide quality goods and services should be compensated for their service. And if they fail to make money, they are more likely to go out of business which means the insurance premiums I have paid for would be worthless.

2) Im very much aware that insurance premiums take care of others. Why do you think that would be a problem? You do realize there is a difference between voluntarily entering into a covenant to take care of one another and being forced at a point of a gun, right?

1) I dont have a problem if insurance companies make money. In fact, I encourage it. people or companies that provide quality goods and services should be compensated for their service. And if they fail to make money, they are more likely to go out of business which means the insurance premiums I have paid for would be worthless.

2) Im very much aware that insurance premiums take care of others. Why do you think that would be a problem? You do realize there is a difference between voluntarily entering into a covenant to take care of one another and being forced at a point of a gun, right?

why do you have to be forced to it at gun point?

because you have a black heart

the American right wing are completely without facts on this issue.

any thinking person would understand what needs to be done.

they instead are sooo fucking stupid and willing to be black hearted they defend the indefensable

why do you have to be forced to it at gun point?

because you have a black heart

You seem to be confused. I dont have to be forced at gun point. I just dont have to use the gun to get my point across. I would argue that those who think they need to be violent to rob their brethren and support themselves are the ones with a black heart.

the American right wing are completely without facts on this issue.

any thinking person would understand what needs to be done.

they instead are sooo fucking stupid and willing to be black hearted they defend the indefensable

So every thinking person is going to conclude that you need to use violence to "help" people?

better care for all ( which protects all people by controling disease)

Cheaper in cost.

how can you argue against people being healthier and it costing less?

Because you are a black hearted fool who is being controled by the people who profit off of people remaining sicker

that is how they get the premiums.

You pay an amount determined by your risk to them.

some excede the risk calulations some dont.

do you really think that they make no money off the differance?

Of course they do it for profits. Why else would they do it?

exactly.

is that how something like health care should be treated?

as a profit generating endevor?

what happens when people can profit off the pain of others?

history is pretty clear on this issue

Do you know why they pay out 80% ?

you dont do you?

YES I do because I've READ their financial reports!
1) % of premiums spent on Claims:
Total Premium % of Premium
in billions - 2009 paid in claims
UnitedHealth Group $81,186 82.30%
WellPoint $61,251 80.60%
Aetna $30,951 76.90%
Humana $28,946 83.20%
Cigna $19,101 82.30%
Health Net $15,367 83.90%

AVERAGE % of Premiums paid in claims: 81.53%!!!

Fortune 500 2009: Industry: Health Care: Insurance and Managed Care

Forum List

Back