When will Romney speak on Sandy

Some folks talk for the megaphone, some do:

Romney hosts

Romney hosts ‘storm relief’ event in Ohio
By Justin Sink - 10/30/12 12:51 PM ET

Mitt Romney briefly addressed supporters at a "storm relief" event Tuesday outside of Dayton, Ohio, thanking them for donating emergency supplies for victims of Hurricane Sandy at the Republican presidential candidate's only planned public appearance for the day.

"I appreciate your generosity. It's part of the American spirit, the American way to give to people in need," Romney told the assembled crowd, adding that they gathered "with heavy hearts, as you know, with all the suffering going on in a major part of our country this morning."

At the back of the auditorium, campaign staff and volunteers at long folding tables collected toiletries, canned goods and bottled water that Romney said would be shipped to New Jersey.

"We won't be able to solve all the problems with our efforts this morning … but I know one of the things I've learned in life is you make the difference you can," Romney said.

The GOP nominee said he had been in touch with governors in the affected areas. His campaign Monday said he had also been briefed by federal emergency officials about the storm.

Romney remained at the rally site and help box supplies and load them onto trucks headed toward the East Coast. He encouraged supporters to stick around and pitch in, saying that "to make this an enjoyable work setting," country music star Randy Owen — who had originally been scheduled to appear at a political rally later in the day — would perform a concert.

But the Republican presidential candidate ignored questions from reporters as he loaded the truck about whether he would tour the storm damage or eliminate FEMA as president.

“Governor, you’ve been asked 14 times. Why are you refusing to answer the question?” one reporter asked, according to the Washington Post.

Romney is set to return to the campaign trail Wednesday, with a trio of events in Florida alongside Sen. Marco Rubio, former Gov. Jeb Bush, and Rep. Connie Mack, the Republican U.S. Senate candidate in the state. Romney also has three rallies in Virginia scheduled for Thursday, likely to be the first campaign appearance by a candidate in one of the states hit by Hurricane Sandy.

Disaster recovery + Private sector = Price gouging
"Ma'am, you say you and you're children are thirsty, but you're not willing to pay me the $10 per bottle of water that I am offering to sell you. Now, if you don't want the water, please get OUT of this line so I can sell this bottled water to the hundreds of people waiting in line behind you. Or do I have to call the police and have you arrested?"

Exactly.

That's why Romney said States with the private sector. Not just the private sector. :eusa_whistle:

I don't want the private sector anywhere near disaster relief.

Getting rid of FEMA would be the disaster.

And that's what Mitt said he would do.

Now?

He's not answering any questions about FEMA.

Last edited:
Whatever did we do before FEMA?

Get rid of FEMA, it's a layer of bureaucracy we don't need.

That's why Romney said States with the private sector. Not just the private sector. :eusa_whistle:

Now?

Really? You don't want the help of private agencies, like the Red Cross and Salvation Army?

Romney hosts

Mitt Romney briefly addressed supporters at a "storm relief" event Tuesday outside of Dayton, Ohio, thanking them for donating emergency supplies for victims of Hurricane Sandy at the Republican presidential candidate's only planned public appearance for the day.

"I appreciate your generosity. It's part of the American spirit, the American way to give to people in need," Romney told the assembled crowd, adding that they gathered "with heavy hearts, as you know, with all the suffering going on in a major part of our country this morning."

At the back of the auditorium, campaign staff and volunteers at long folding tables collected toiletries, canned goods and bottled water that Romney said would be shipped to New Jersey.

"We won't be able to solve all the problems with our efforts this morning … but I know one of the things I've learned in life is you make the difference you can," Romney said.

The GOP nominee said he had been in touch with governors in the affected areas. His campaign Monday said he had also been briefed by federal emergency officials about the storm.

Romney remained at the rally site and help box supplies and load them onto trucks headed toward the East Coast. He encouraged supporters to stick around and pitch in, saying that "to make this an enjoyable work setting," country music star Randy Owen — who had originally been scheduled to appear at a political rally later in the day — would perform a concert.

But the Republican presidential candidate ignored questions from reporters as he loaded the truck about whether he would tour the storm damage or eliminate FEMA as president.

“Governor, you’ve been asked 14 times. Why are you refusing to answer the question?” one reporter asked, according to the Washington Post.

Romney is set to return to the campaign trail Wednesday, with a trio of events in Florida alongside Sen. Marco Rubio, former Gov. Jeb Bush, and Rep. Connie Mack, the Republican U.S. Senate candidate in the state. Romney also has three rallies in Virginia scheduled for Thursday, likely to be the first campaign appearance by a candidate in one of the states hit by Hurricane Sandy.

Why would you you be in Ohio if you were collecting for New Jersey. (Unless of course it might be a battleground state and you care more about looking good than doing good.)

You might also read: 4 Ways Mitt Romney Botched His Hurricane Sandy Response | Addicting Info

us-states.gif

Last edited:

Romney hosts

Way would you you be in Ohio if you were collecting for New Jersey. (Unless of course it might be a battleground state and you care more about looking good than doing good.)

You might also read: 4 Ways Mitt Romney Botched His Hurricane Sandy Response | Addicting Info

us-states.gif

oh yeah ADDICTINGINFO:lol::lol:

First you have to ask yourself IF the people who lost everything in this storm have the ability to donate to people who lost everything in this storm?

Liberals are such fun.

Then you go to New Jersey, wade through the flooded streets past devastated homes and ask for donations to benefit themselves.

Romney hosts

Way would you you be in Ohio if you were collecting for New Jersey. (Unless of course it might be a battleground state and you care more about looking good than doing good.)

us-states.gif

Because trying to raise money in New Jersey would be pretty dumb, considering they are the victims of the storm.

It's much smarter to try to get donations from people that aren't going to have to rebuild.

Romney hosts

us-states.gif

Because trying to raise money in New Jersey would be pretty dumb, considering they are the victims of the storm.

It's much smarter to try to get donations from people that aren't going to have to rebuild.

:eusa_shhh:
you don't want to overload the poor dears brain.

us-states.gif

It has a brain??

When did THAT happen??

:dunno:

It has a brain??

When did THAT happen??

:dunno:

you're are probably right, they are so brainless to even be embarrassed over their idiocy

Now?

Really? You don't want the help of private agencies, like the Red Cross and Salvation Army?

Red Cross and Salvation Army are religious based charities. I don't have any problem with charitable organizations helping out with disaster.

I don't want ANYONE PROFITTING from them.

And it's pretty simple to see the difference..or why..

Romney hosts

us-states.gif

Ummmm....yeah..

:eusa_shifty:

Now?

Red Cross and Salvation Army are religious based charities. I don't have any problem with charitable organizations helping out with disaster.

I don't want ANYONE PROFITTING from them.

And it's pretty simple to see the difference..or why..

well give to who YOU LIKE, no one will care

Do you think Romney should make an address now, wait until tomorrow, or put it in his next rally speech?

Depends. Is this the half of the country Romney cares about or the half of the country he doesn't care about? Perhaps he will tell us in his "speech".

Do you think Romney should make an address now, wait until tomorrow, or put it in his next rally speech?

whats he going to say "hey there was a hurricane" in case you didnt hear.

He could address what he said during the primaries -- that FEMA should be dissolved and emergency management should be turned over to the private sector. He has been asked about those remarks; but, so far, he refuses to answer the questions. It's all just as well anyway. Like he's done with every other lie he's told, he'll just say that he didn't say it or that his words are being twisted.

Don't you righties find it small minded that Romney would try to reinvent the wheel and start up his own relief effort rather than visiting existing agencies and help out and observe how things are going. Boost moral, rally the troops kind of thing?

Forum List

Back