When TV Political Pundits Say Really Stupid things.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
CNN makes a fair effort to put both conservative, moderate and liberal commentators in opposition on their news discussion segments. Sadly, however, I'm now convinced that CNN give their conservative news commentators a joint or a Percodan or something before putting them in front of the camera.

For example, Kayleigh McEnany just now remarked that, as far as she can tell, this has been among the best 100 days that, as a conservative, she has seen. Mrs. McEnany is 28. ROTFL

For those of you who need that spelled out:
Don't mistake me. I'm not saying Kayleigh is wrong. I'm saying was among the dumbest things he might have been able to "think" to say about Trump's time in office as compared to other POTUS'. I do believe her, mind you. There's no doubt in my mind that Trump's is the best "president's first 100 days she's seen." Just how much of the Obama "first 100 days" do you think she saw as a 20 year-old in college? As a 12 year-old, did she see so much of Bush's "first 100 days" that it's worth comparing to what she saw of Obama's or Trump's?

Now I know for a fact that Kayleigh is very smart woman. It's just that she puts her brain in her purse and leaves it on a table or in a locker or something on the "other side" of the camera. Why would anyone think she's seen enough that her having seen it is a credible basis us to believe a damn thing. The woman, smart as she is, has basically spent all but two years of her adult life in school, and in that time, the woman has most certainly not seen everything from Moms Mabley's mustard pies to shrunken heads in Papua New Guinea. I'm sorry, but political pundits who are too young to be President don't get to use the "from what I've seen" phrase when evangelizing from an historical perspective.​

I agree. CNN has balanced panels, with most of their commentators being politically neutral. Their openly liberal/conservative commentators are not dumbed down like Fox and MSNBC. As for their actual news anchors, John King, Wolf Blitzer, and Anderson Cooper are great. I don't like Don Lemon and a couple others, because they add two many biased personal interjections and cannot always control their panel.

With that said, I have some serious problems with CNN, but they are far better than Fox and MSNBC. The bar for American media is really low.

CNN makes a fair effort to put both conservative, moderate and liberal commentators in opposition on their news discussion segments. Sadly, however, I'm now convinced that CNN give their conservative news commentators a joint or a Percodan or something before putting them in front of the camera.

For example, Kayleigh McEnany just now remarked that, as far as she can tell, this has been among the best 100 days that, as a conservative, she has seen. Mrs. McEnany is 28. ROTFL

Don't mistake me. I'm not saying Kayleigh is wrong. I'm saying was among the dumbest things he might have been able to "think" to say about Trump's time in office as compared to other POTUS'. I do believe her, mind you. There's no doubt in my mind that Trump's is the best "president's first 100 days she's seen." Just how much of the Obama "first 100 days" do you think she saw as a 20 year-old in college? As a 12 year-old, did she see so much of Bush's "first 100 days" that it's worth comparing to what she saw of Obama's or Trump's?

Now I know for a fact that Kayleigh is very smart woman. It's just that she puts her brain in her purse and leaves it on a table or in a locker or something on the "other side" of the camera. Why would anyone think she's seen enough that her having seen it is a credible basis us to believe a damn thing. The woman, smart as she is, has basically spent all but two years of her adult life in school, and in that time, the woman has most certainly not seen everything from Moms Mabley's mustard pies to shrunken heads in Papua New Guinea. I'm sorry, but political pundits who are too young to be President don't get to use the "from what I've seen" phrase when evangelizing from an historical perspective.​

Interesting comment... since 100 days will not have elapsed until May Day.

Interesting comment... since 100 days will not have elapsed until May Day.
There is that too....LOL

Forum List

Back