When the Collapse Comes...

When the total collapse comes, those at the very bottom of the economic food chain will be the better off.

There are two types of preppers, those that survive and those that share. Everyone has had plenty of warning, prepare or starve, the choice is yours, not mine.

There is only one kind of prepper.

disagreement is fine , those that don't feel a need to survive just won't survive . People are different when it comes to self preservation / survival . Seems to me that those that survive won't become extinct .

Saw this yesterday:

When the collapse comes, God Willing, I will be ready. And when yhou knock on my door for help , the answer is 'Go fuck yourself'

I'm just curious; you preppers out there who insist the world is coming to an end and are arming yourself to wart off the hordes of people coming for you Cocoa Puffs...are you going to tell your neighbor "Go fuck yourself" if they knock on your door?

You're such a miserable dumbazz of gigantic proportions that it's hard to know where your ass stops and your brain begins..

"TO WART OFF" roflmao Candycornholer - Bet she has a bigazz wart with hair growing out from it..

As far as the coming economic collapse its not a matter of if but when. No country can sustain trillions of dollars in debt-- Money doesn't grow on trees like you dickshit leftists believe..

disagreement is fine , those that don't feel a need to survive just won't survive . People are different when it comes to self preservation / survival . Seems to me that those that survive won't become extinct .

But if they have to devolve into a completely ego-centric creature to survive, then there is no benefit.

Fun iis the operative word. The world is not going to collapse. But if you are a real prepper (thank you for using the correct term), no one is going to come knocking at my door because they won't have any idea you are one.

Therein lies the flaw in prepping, if collapse happens (I don't think it will) it will not be a lone liberal knocking at your door it will be an armed gang and they will have what you have. Better to be mobile than tied to a stockpile.

Yeah that didnt happen in Nola during Katrina. Armed citizens resisted looters.
Personally I think "the collapse" is a paranoid fantasy.

"The collapse" may be paranoid fantasy, but it is a possibility. Possible and not likely. Like cancer. I have insurance for cancer. Having insurance for a collapse is not, then, unreasonable.

Also, a general collapse is not the only reason to be prepared. The Katrina example is an example of a specific disaster that preparation might help with. It may not help if your house is destroyed, but it might help if your house remains intact or you are able to take some of your preparations with you.

In such a scenario, my family would be my first priority. If I thought taking in my neighbors (or whoever else came knocking) would endanger my family, I would not let them in.

probably just a fantasy for some but I wouldn't call it paranoid . USA Gov even puts out strategies to survive catastrophe in some official pamphlets . awww , heck 'ALWAYS Be PREPARED ' is the Boyscout motto that many people grew up with . As a boy I carried a pocket knife and some matches in a waterproof container.

now millions of people carry what is commonly known as EDC , EDC [every day carry] can vary but lots of EDC is survival oriented .

But if they have to devolve into a completely ego-centric creature to survive, then there is no benefit.

Says you. If they survive, they have a chance to rebuild and regain anything they may have lost. If they die, it is over. The end.

Saw this yesterday:

When the collapse comes, God Willing, I will be ready. And when yhou knock on my door for help , the answer is 'Go fuck yourself'

I'm just curious; you preppers out there who insist the world is coming to an end and are arming yourself to wart off the hordes of people coming for you Cocoa Puffs...are you going to tell your neighbor "Go fuck yourself" if they knock on your door?

there's always an "end of the world" conspiracy floating around, and like any other conspiracy it can't be proven or debunked.

but if the world does come to an end, and if you were one of the doom and gloom crowd, who in the hell are you going to be able to tell you were right ?

HUH ?

Therein lies the flaw in prepping, if collapse happens (I don't think it will) it will not be a lone liberal knocking at your door it will be an armed gang and they will have what you have. Better to be mobile than tied to a stockpile.

Yeah that didnt happen in Nola during Katrina. Armed citizens resisted looters.
Personally I think "the collapse" is a paranoid fantasy.

"The collapse" may be paranoid fantasy, but it is a possibility. Possible and not likely. Like cancer. I have insurance for cancer. Having insurance for a collapse is not, then, unreasonable.

Also, a general collapse is not the only reason to be prepared. The Katrina example is an example of a specific disaster that preparation might help with. It may not help if your house is destroyed, but it might help if your house remains intact or you are able to take some of your preparations with you.

Yeah, I don't think all preppers are crazy. Some certainly are. When their family suffers because so much energy and so many resources go into prepping, that's crazy. But I don't think there's anything crazy about having a back-up plan that fits your means.

But I have to agree that so many preppers have so much invested that they do start hoping that events prove their efforts were not in vain. It's only natural.

Last edited:
--- Are You Ready? Guide | Ready.gov --- AND , check out the preparations that USA gov provides to help USA Gov and it's men and women survive catastrophe . Same thing in other countries where the elite are provided for at taxpayer expense even if its a far fetched PARANOID catastrophe / collapse Fantasy .

--- Are You Ready? Guide | Ready.gov --- AND , check out the preparations that USA gov provides to help USA Gov and it's men and women survive catastrophe . Same thing in other countries where the elite are provided for at taxpayer expense even if its a far fetched PARANOID catastrophe / collapse Fantasy .

That's an interesting point. I mean if everything goes to crap - how come it's the folks who drove us to that point who are going to survive to "lead" the rebuilding effort?

Forum List

Back