When Santorum tanks, who will the GOP turn to?

the good thing is it doesnt matter, none of them can win an election now

It cost me $60.00 to fill up my tank Tuesday evening and gas has gone up 10 cents per gallon since then. The higher gas prices get, the smaller Obama's chances of re-election get. Any of the GOP candidates can win if gas is $5.00 per gallon this fall.

Obama will match better against Santorum, who will look far less presidential and less rational against the pres.

Romney will match well against BHO.

The black and latino and women votes are going to go massively for the dems. Those groups will put up with neither RS nor MR.

mitt-romney-signed-authentic-19x135-believe-in-america-poster-psadna-q41090_7f4942df4b63757d108c577c81cac0db.jpg

It cost me $60.00 to fill up my tank Tuesday evening and gas has gone up 10 cents per gallon since then. The higher gas prices get, the smaller Obama's chances of re-election get. Any of the GOP candidates can win if gas is $5.00 per gallon this fall.

How is Obama responsible for higher gas prices?

How is Obama responsible for higher gas prices?

Seriously? Start with the drilling moratoriums and you should be able to figure it out from there.

Will they try to prop Romney up with a strong VP to help make him more palatable - or will they bring in a new face? Either way, they've got a big problem.

I think Romney will be the one. He will be accepted by many on the Left who are dissatisfied with Obama and he will appeal to many independents and receive the most delegates. As of this post, I think that is the way it will go down.

Will they try to prop Romney up with a strong VP to help make him more palatable - or will they bring in a new face? Either way, they've got a big problem.

I think Romney will be the one. He will be accepted by many on the Left who are dissatisfied with Obama and he will appeal to many independents and receive the most delegates. As of this post, I think that is the way it will go down.

I also think Romney will be the one. Several months to go, but right now Real Clear Politics shows Obama ahead in all NINE polls.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

I also think Romney will be the one. Several months to go, but right now Real Clear Politics shows Obama ahead in all NINE polls.

Yeah and Carter was leading Reagan by double digets in Aug 1980.

Since the GOP is seen as aligned to speculators and corps like Exxon the inverse is true.

Yeah and Carter was leading Reagan by double digets in Aug 1980.

Context? Operation Eagle Claw? Economy?

:lol:

Since the GOP is seen as aligned to speculators and corps like Exxon the inverse is true.

:lol: You keep on thinking that.

and knowing

Exhibit 1:

Obama and Geitner put forth regulations for the CFTC to cause speculators to take delivery of energy products. The GOP House has been supporting delaying those regulations.

Now why would an honest dealer in energy just want to pass paper and not want to have to take delivery of what he/she has purchased?

and knowing

I guess we'll see.
Obama aides: Modest growth, but wary of oil prices
By JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press
Friday, February 17, 2012

Amid predictions that the economy's recovery will continue at a moderate pace, White House officials are keeping an increasingly wary eye on oil prices, worried that an election-year spike in the cost of gasoline could dampen consumer confidence and quash President Barack Obama's recent economic and political gains.

Obama advisers point to oil's $23 per-barrel increase in the first half of 2011 over 2010 prices as the factor that eroded purchasing power and slowed growth last year. At the time, unemployment remained stuck at 9.1 percent for three months, and by August Obama's approval rating stood at a low of 38 percent.

Obama aides: Modest growth, but wary of oil prices

Goldman was one of Obama's largest supporters in 2008.
Perhaps you're mistaken?

Exhibit 1:

Obama and Geitner put forth regulations for the CFTC to cause speculators to take delivery of energy products. The GOP House has been supporting delaying those regulations.

Now why would an honest dealer in energy just want to pass paper and not want to have to take delivery of what he/she has purchased?

Why should a speculator take delivery?

Exhibit 1:

So they have skin in the game. Otherwise they are just leeches.

Exhibit 1:

So they have skin in the game. Otherwise they are just leeches.

If your account is long (or short) oil contracts, you have skin in the game.

Obama will match better against Santorum, who will look far less presidential and less rational against the pres.

Romney will match well against BHO.

The black and latino and women votes are going to go massively for the dems. Those groups will put up with neither RS nor MR.

I think Santorum, good solid Catholic, will probably do better with Hispanics than Mr. "I can't have illegals, I'm running for office, for Pete's Sake" who has demogouged the issue to beat Perry and Gingrich.

I don't think either will do well with voters who identify with their uteri. They've both sucked up to the men in dresses against women, they've both been against the women's right to choose.

But the important thing is, this election is based on teh stupidity of the electoral college. Now, it's safe to say MOST of the South and Mountain states will still end up going for whoever the GOP guy is. And West Coast and North East will go for Obama because they went for Kerry and Gore and Clinton. The GOP hasn't won these states since 1988, after the last great re-alignment with the end of the Cold War.

So where will the real battle be fought? In the Mid-west, "rust belt" states. Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana. Illinois would normally be on that list, but Obama is from here and the GOP in this state is a joke.

All these states (except Missouri) went for Obama in 2008, but many of them elected Republican Governors in 2010. These are the states the GOP has to win back in order to win.

Romney won't be able to pull it off. Sorry, he won't. His business record is why these states have the rusting factories, assholes like him who moved all the good paying jobs to China. Santorum gets these people, he's one of them. He can relate to their largely Catholic and socially conservative background.

Now, again, I think either of these guys have an uphill battle, given the liberal media cheerleading for Obama, the fact he has the incumbancy working for him, and the fact the GOP has so much ground to make up with so many key groups they've lost in the last 20 yeas. But I think Santorum has a far better chance than Romney does.

Forum List

Back