When Is Politicizing An Event/Occurance/Victory/Mistake OK?

Racism from the self-proclaimed "Rabbi"

I'm shocked, I say...SHOCKED!!

:eek:

What a stupid thread, we have all been over this. If I do it and it works out well I win, if you do it and it works out well, I helped you. Both sides take credit and pass blame. Obama made a good call. Let it go at that, and yes he will take the credit and use it in his campaign. Just like the Republicans would have done.

Do you make a habit of posting in stupid threads?

If so...what does that say about you?

It seems to me like the RWers like to play both sides of the fence.

When its beneficial to them politicizing anything is perfectly acceptable...they argue and say things like "So and so is a politician, that's to be expected."

However, when it's NOT to their benefit they tend to argue and say things like "How day they politicize such a sacred thing."

I remember the 9/11 Snuff Film the GOP put on during their convention when McCain give us all Palin. That was THE worst case of politicizing an event in American history if I'm not mistaken.

They seem to still want to use that event as a political stick...when and if it benefits them of course.

Now they are all up in arms, getting their panties in a bunch because they perceive some people as politicizing Obama's victories in the death of Osama and the pending doom of Khaddaffi.

So somebody please tell me, what's the protocol....when is it OK to politicize stuff?

The rule is actually pretty simple, if it benefits your side go for it, if it benefits the other side it is wrong. That is why you support it when Democrats do it, and oppose it when Republicans do it. Pretending you don't get it just proves how much of a hack you are.

Funny thing is I find it to be the opposite (when other people are doing it that is). For instance, last night I was disgusted by some of the comments from people that I generally agree with when they stated that the announcement of the death of OBL was basically done to boost his numbers for the coming campaign. Not their words, but the gist of what they said. While there were left wing comments that were equally politicizing. To me, it was the right wing ones that bugged me. What the left ones didn't bother me one bit.

Immie

If this was done to boost Obama's numbers during the campaign all it proves is that he knows nothing about politics. There is no way this boost is going to last long enough to make a difference in an election that is 18 months away.

The fact that you are able to recognize, and admit, your own bias is important to your growth as a human and a Christian. Jesus never actually condemned judging others, he just wants us to be aware that, in doing so, we are also judging ourselves. It is easy to see the sin of others, but we often miss our own sins.

Personally, I stopped pointing out political opportunism because every time I missed one side doing it the other side would accuse me of being partisan. Both sides do it, and both sides complain about. there were actually a few instances of it related to Osama's death that I thought were particularly egregious, mostly from the left, but a few from the right.

Notice how these radical RWers have all been bashing Obama with the meme of..."he's just another Bush."

Not realizing that they're simultaneously bashing Bush for his ABYSMAL policies, leadership and Presidency that led this country to the brink of disaster and damn-near financial collapse.

Only to turn around with the meme that "give him credit for continuing Bush's policy for killing Obama."

It makes absolutely non sense. Not to mention that its an outright lie, but radical RWers are notorious for lying and/or believing myths.

No surprise. It's their cluelessness, both willful and ignorantly that baffles me about these people.

Uncanny.

*SMH*

I guess that leaves me free to speak up, as I have not yet given him credit for continuing Bush's policy to kill bin Laden, nor do I intend to give him credit for that. The fact is that Bush blew this when he said he did not care where he was.

That does not mean that Bush's policies did not contribute to Obama finding bin Laden. The initial intelligence came as a direct result of enhanced interrogation, and the CIA worked for years to develop it as a lead. Finding bin Laden was a long term effort that spanned three different administrations. Obama gets the credit for ordering the operation that brought vengeance, not justice, to us for 9/11.

By the way, if Bush's policies brought us to the brink of collapse, than Obama has cut the ground from under our feet and left us hanging from a root over the edge of the cliff. If you fail to acknowledge that you are no better that the people you are calling clueless.

I guess that leaves me free to speak up, as I have not yet given him credit for continuing Bush's policy to kill bin Laden, nor do I intend to give him credit for that. The fact is that Bush blew this when he said he did not care where he was.

That does not mean that Bush's policies did not contribute to Obama finding bin Laden. The initial intelligence came as a direct result of enhanced interrogation, and the CIA worked for years to develop it as a lead. Finding bin Laden was a long term effort that spanned three different administrations. Obama gets the credit for ordering the operation that brought vengeance, not justice, to us for 9/11.

By the way, if Bush's policies brought us to the brink of collapse, than Obama has cut the ground from under our feet and left us hanging from a root over the edge of the cliff. If you fail to acknowledge that you are no better that the people you are calling clueless.

What initial intelligence specifically?

On your last paragraph, I disagree completely. I guess for you to see, time will have to tell.

I'm sure you were amongst those that bashed, and probably still do for the "Car Bailout" that was actually a loan that Obama sanctioned. It's now baring fruit and coming out wonderfully for the country.

The same thing will apply to the economy.

I won't waste time trying to argue with on that back and forth, all I'll say is, give it some time, you'll see where we are come 2012 when its time to vote.

Before I comment on politicizing events, I want to ask a question.

Jeffrocket, The bank bailouts were put in place by George Bush, but because they didn't take effect until Obama came into office....That debt became part of the "Obama's killing the country with spending" mantra.

But an operation that takes place three years after Bush left office that successfully took out OBL, and you want Bush to have partial credit?

Ok... now onto politicizing events.

Politicians will do what they do. I'd much rather have them brag about their accomplishments than to run down their opponents with all the negative campaign ads, and yes... that goes for either party.

Fact is Obama doubled the debt in 2 years when it took Bush 8 to screw it up. As I have always stated, Bush increased the size of the govt and debt as he was no fiscal conservative and then in less than 3 years Obama doubled that. The debt in Feb 2011 was more than the entire year of 2007. These are facts that are undeniable and no partisan slant will change that.

The operation that took place 3 years after Bush left office began with him in office and was solidified with info from KSM and 2 others through "enhanced interrogation". Why is it so hard for the Bush haters to recognize facts and then logically use them to a conclusion. Your hatred for Bush cannot change facts.

What initial intelligence specifically?

On your last paragraph, I disagree completely. I guess for you to see, time will have to tell.

I'm sure you were amongst those that bashed, and probably still do for the "Car Bailout" that was actually a loan that Obama sanctioned. It's now baring fruit and coming out wonderfully for the country.

I won't waste time trying to argue with on that back and forth, all I'll say is, give it some time, you'll see where we are come 2012 when its time to vote.

It is peeling fruit? Why should I sit around and watch a a car company peel fruit?

That loan was a direct contravention of bankruptcy law that gave politically favored creditors preference over those that had a legal first claim on the assets, and it actually ruined the pension funds of quite a few public sector unions. Not sure why you think it was such a great thing, but the next time a Republican administration steps in and favors their donors over the creditors that should get first call I will be happy to remind you that you thought it was good for the country when a Democrat did it.

So let me get this straight:

Obama began bombing two countries that didn't attack us, Libya and Pakistan.
Obama ignored the sovereignty of Pakistan and invaded, literally, with ground troops.
Obama used information gained from intense interrogations.
Obama used a "kill team", literally what they called the SEALS when Dick Cheney was utilizing them.

Obama used and did everything that he and the left stood against from 2002-2009 to achieve his biggest political win. And the left is HAPPY about it? Thats like being pissed your wife committed adultry, and then you sleep with a married woman. It makes no sense.

The more Obama acts like Bush, the more the left worships him.

So I ask the question...if Bush was black, would the left have loved him also?

BTW, the ONLY reason Obama chose ground forces over bombs? Because if he claimed we got him with a bomb, and only a red puddle of proof, the right would have a field day with saying he made it up to boost his sagging poll numbers. That is the ONLY reason. He didn't give a shit about verification. He gave a shit about the political points he'd score. And he knew bombing it, and claiming he got him without any proof, would result in no gain.

Liberal Dictionary:
================================================
Politicize - tell the truth about Democrats.

The rule is actually pretty simple, if it benefits your side go for it, if it benefits the other side it is wrong. That is why you support it when Democrats do it, and oppose it when Republicans do it. Pretending you don't get it just proves how much of a hack you are.

How is the UAW bailout "bearing fruit?" Does that mean the union contributions are rolling into Obama's campaign?

How is the UAW bailout "bearing fruit?" Does that mean the union contributions are rolling into Obama's campaign?

Yeah. He has the union vote. They're ticked about card check legislation but they'll get that through regulation anyway.
Obama: Our first Union president.

Forum List

Back