This book is going to "blow the roof" off GOP Foreign policy

R

rdean

Perseus Academic: The Interrogator by Glenn L. Carle

The Interrogator is the story of Carle’s most serious assignment, when he was “surged” to become an interrogator in the U.S. Global War on Terror to interrogate a top level detainee at one of the CIA’s notorious black sites overseas. It tells of his encounter with one of the most senior al-Qa’ida detainees the U.S. captured after 9/11, a “ghost detainee” who, the CIA believed, might hold the key to finding Osama bin Ladin.

Glenn l. Carle was a member of the CIA’s Clandestine Service for twenty-three years and retired in March 2007 as deputy national intelligence officer for transnational threats. He lives in Washington, DC.

---------------------------------------------

Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell
"In The Interrogator, Glenn Carle has done more than simply lift a part of the curtain behind which are lurking despicable men such as John Yoo and Douglas Feith, he has turned the stage lights on those who stand out front and continue to receive rave reviews from the rabid right wing, men such as Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. But most of all, Carle's moving and emotional story-in spite of CIA redactions to the text-has exposed us all, from the CIA officers who turned a blind eye, to the cabinet members who should have known better, to the American people themselves because they allowed such people to corrupt our nation. I know; I was one of them."

The Interrogator

I don't believe rdean has actually read the book. Reading seems beneath someone of his stature.

The book has not been released yet. Carle is a retired CIA officer. It should be an interesting read.

The book has not been released yet. Carle is a retired CIA officer. It should be an interesting read.

Maybe it will. But I find it completely decietful watching rdean try to claim ridiculous assertions about books he hasnt read.

You wanna see a book bring down one parties policies? Check out Henry Haslets "economics in one lesson", it shows you how an economy can flourish and is pretty much the exact opposite of what Khalid Sheik Obama is doing right now.

You wanna see a book bring down one parties policies? Check out Henry Haslets "economics in one lesson", it shows you how an economy can flourish and is pretty much the exact opposite of what Khalid Sheik Obama is doing right now.

If everyone in Congress read and understood that book the stimulus and a bunch of other crap would never have been passed.

The Interrogator is the story of Carle’s most serious assignment, when he was “surged” to become an interrogator in the U.S. Global War on Terror to interrogate a top level detainee at one of the CIA’s notorious black sites overseas. It tells of his encounter with one of the most senior al-Qa’ida detainees the U.S. captured after 9/11, a “ghost detainee” who, the CIA believed, might hold the key to finding Osama bin Ladin.

Glenn l. Carle was a member of the CIA’s Clandestine Service for twenty-three years and retired in March 2007 as deputy national intelligence officer for transnational threats. He lives in Washington, DC.

"In The Interrogator, Glenn Carle has done more than simply lift a part of the curtain behind which are lurking despicable men such as John Yoo and Douglas Feith, he has turned the stage lights on those who stand out front and continue to receive rave reviews from the rabid right wing, men such as Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. But most of all, Carle's moving and emotional story-in spite of CIA redactions to the text-has exposed us all, from the CIA officers who turned a blind eye, to the cabinet members who should have known better, to the American people themselves because they allowed such people to corrupt our nation. I know; I was one of them."

The Interrogator

I hate to break it to you but what we have to do to kill or capture some very bad people is not suitable for public consumption. Btw, what the enemy does to us is much, much worse. Why don't you give the enemy some more of your special brand of "Aid and Comfort".

It's funny that you would bring this up. The information they got eventually led to what happened this weekend.

You can't argue against that. But attempt if you must.

"In The Interrogator, Glenn Carle has done more than simply lift a part of the curtain behind which are lurking despicable men such as John Yoo and Douglas Feith, he has turned the stage lights on those who stand out front and continue to receive rave reviews from the rabid right wing, men such as Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. But most of all, Carle's moving and emotional story-in spite of CIA redactions to the text-has exposed us all, from the CIA officers who turned a blind eye, to the cabinet members who should have known better, to the American people themselves because they allowed such people to corrupt our nation.
.....As if NO ONE heard about The DICK; Cheney's "cherry-picking" at The Pentagon.

"conservative"-Americans are ABSOLUTELY complicit in the Iraq-debacle & time it took to GET bin Laden!!!!!!

:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
Yes, the children are enjoying themselves.

The adults made it happen.

OBL's Death a Victory for the Adults

By C. Edmund Wright
The children are celebrating and taking credit for the death of Osama bin Laden, but make no mistake about it, this is a win for the adults. This will give Obama a short-term boost in the polls, but I submit after a few days or weeks of liberal celebration, reality will start to sink in for more and more Americans.

Now by adults, I mean folks mature enough to understand that the world is a mean place ruled by the aggressive use of power and that the only way to stop evil from ruling is for the good guys to use more power and to use it more aggressively.

And by children, I mean the overgrown juveniles who refuse to understand this reality as it is and who like to think the Muslim world adored us until Bush-Cheney and Rumsfeld came to power. Long before election day of 2012, this will become evident.

Because when you drill down, the death of bin Laden has nothing to do with the core beliefs of this President or the entire liberal movement.

The death of bin Laden has nothing to do with closing Guantanamo Bay. It has nothing to do with trying Kahlid Sheik Muhummad in New York City. It has nothing to do with avoiding collateral damage at our own soldiers' peril and it has nothing to do with Patti Murray's gushing about bin Laden's day care centers.

When you get right down to it, the successful taking out of bin Laden is a stunning defeat of everything childish about liberal foreign policy and national defense. That a liberal kid was in the White House when all of this happened reminds us of the cliché of the rich kid who "was born on third base but acts like he hit the triple." And make no mistake about it, with the repeated mention of the "I" word in the Sunday night address, Obama wants us all to think he virtually pulled the trigger.

American Thinker: OBL's Death a Victory for the Adults

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit. No wonder you fell for it.

So what a member of the CIA’s Clandestine Service for twenty-three years and deputy national intelligence officer for transnational threats has to say about his area of expertise and personal experience sounds like a bunch of bullshit, because you Rabbi know better than he does what was going on in the CIA during the War on Terror?

You guys kill me.

No one, including the interrogators of the top-level terrorists themselves, are worth listening to unless what they have to say conforms to your pre-existing conclusions. God forbid you learn anything.

If everyone in Congress read and understood that book the stimulus and a bunch of other crap would never have been passed.

And we would be in a "Great Depression" and ignorant Republicans would be saying, "Great".

Sorry, Mr. Cheney, that ship has sailed.

I wondered what the next Republican lie would be. What the "new" rewrite of history. Now I know. "Torture works". They will try to snatch Obama's success away with more lies. Obama said they received "intel" last August. Cheney said they received the intel 4 years ago through "torture". Which means Bush/Cheney did nothing - AGAIN! Too bad they didn't think that through before saying it in public.

Cheney should write his own book. He could use the Heritage Foundation as a "resource". One group Republicans respect and the rest of the world that's sane laughs at. Why? Because they don't need "data". They just "make shit up". (see Ryan's 2.8% unemployment - hilarious) Imagine what they could do defending torture?

Sorry, Mr. Cheney, that ship has sailed.

I wondered what the next Republican lie would be. What the "new" rewrite of history. Now I know. "Torture works". They will try to snatch Obama's success away with more lies. Obama said they received "intel" last August. Cheney said they received the intel 4 years ago through "torture". Which means Bush/Cheney did nothing - AGAIN! Too bad they didn't think that through before saying it in public.

Cheney should write his own book. He could use the Heritage Foundation as a "resource". One group Republicans respect and the rest of the world that's sane laughs at. Why? Because they don't need "data". They just "make shit up". (see Ryan's 2.8% unemployment - hilarious) Imagine what they could do defending torture?

I guess Waterboarding did work. It got the ball rolling.

No wonder the left and their terrorist friends demonized it so vehemently. It seems that what works comes under attack from the likes of the Anti-American Civil Liberties Union, and Amnesty International. Both are pawns for terrorist organizations.

Peace Corps Online: 2008.07.13: July 13, 2008: Headlines: Speaking Out: Terrorism: Homeland Security: Washington Post: Glenn L. Carle writes: The US does not face a global jihadist "movement"

Overstating Our Fears

By Glenn L. Carle

Sunday, July 13, 2008; Page B07

Sen. John McCain has repeatedly characterized the threat of "radical Islamic extremism" as "the absolute gravest threat . . . that we're in against." Before we simply accept this, we need to examine the nature of the terrorist threat facing our country. If we do so, we will see how we have allowed the specter of that threat to distort our lives and take our treasure.

The "Global War on Terror" has conjured the image of terrorists behind every bush, the bushes themselves burning and an angry god inciting its faithful to religious war. We have been called to arms, built fences, and compromised our laws and the practices that define us as a nation. The administration has focused on pursuing terrorists and countering an imminent and terrifying threat. Thousands of Americans have died as a result, as have tens of thousands of foreigners.

Overstating Our Fears. ...we will see how we have allowed the specter of that threat to distort our lives and take our treasure. The administration has focused on pursuing terrorists and countering an imminent and terrifying threat. Thousands of Americans have died as a result, as have tens of thousands of foreigners.
You realize you just kneecapped Obama right?

Forum List

Back