F1 Vegas May Be a Joke

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
There are many things about this weekend's race where if things can go wrong, they will.
Formula 1. High dollar racing. For fans? Very expensive. The richest that attend frown on all other fans. Snobbish is the word. The wealthy should buy up the remaining unsold tickets because nobody else is.
When I saw the layout for the track last year, I laughed. No way is that an F1 track. 200mph, where?
Last week Pirelli was unsure about the track and if their tires would be up to snuff. The race will be at night. Vegas nighttime temperature has been around 50 degrees lately. A Pirelli engineer said the tires may not do the trick as they may be ok at an 80 degree track surface temp. Uh, oh.
During FP1 practice, Carlos Sainz hit a manhole cover that wasn't screwed down. Yes, it took out his Ferrari and that was the end of practice.
After practice, the champ Max Verstappen let out his feelings. "This event is 99% show, 1% racing" In short, Max said this place is a joke.
F1 has sunk a half billion dollars into this Las Vegas event and has signed contracts for 10 more years. Good luck to them all.

Now for some piss off the fans stuff...

For those of you who live on the East coast, will you watch the race?
It will be televised at 10pm in the West and 1am in the East.

"Las Vegas Grand Prix CEO Renee Wilm explained that the event starts late to accommodate Formula 1's European audience, as a result the drivers face the latest ever start time for a Grand Prix"

If they spent half a bil and have a 10 yr contract they will figure it out

Maybe not this year but soon

There are many things about this weekend's race where if things can go wrong, they will.
Formula 1. High dollar racing. For fans? Very expensive. The richest that attend frown on all other fans. Snobbish is the word. The wealthy should buy up the remaining unsold tickets because nobody else is.
When I saw the layout for the track last year, I laughed. No way is that an F1 track. 200mph, where?
Last week Pirelli was unsure about the track and if their tires would be up to snuff. The race will be at night. Vegas nighttime temperature has been around 50 degrees lately. A Pirelli engineer said the tires may not do the trick as they may be ok at an 80 degree track surface temp. Uh, oh.
During FP1 practice, Carlos Sainz hit a manhole cover that wasn't screwed down. Yes, it took out his Ferrari and that was the end of practice.
After practice, the champ Max Verstappen let out his feelings. "This event is 99% show, 1% racing" In short, Max said this place is a joke.
F1 has sunk a half billion dollars into this Las Vegas event and has signed contracts for 10 more years. Good luck to them all.

Now for some piss off the fans stuff...

lots out here think its a joke too....

The locals don't want it here. It's been nothing but a traffic and logistical nightmare for us.

Forum List

Back