When is it good to be a liberal?

You seem like an intelligent guy (I'm serious, don't get offended). Many Christians, and the more fundamental they are the more this becomes true: They don't know jack shit about politics. They just know that the evil Democrats like to kill babies for fun.

In this way, particularly poorer Christians, vote consistently against their own best interests. They're just kind of tricked into it; it's actually kind of sad.

So you mean these ignorant people are tricked into voting against things like higher taxes, less personal liberty and a more dangerous world?

Ya... they sure are tricked into voting against their best interests.

Why is it so difficult for cons to accept that certain things are done far more efficiently at a federal level?

Yeah, everyone loves a tax cut. But what if that tax cut means you lose a government service and have to replace it with a private one that costs more? You've put a $20 in that persons pocket and taken a $50 out of another pocket on the same pair of jeans.

Poor rural Christians are not the ones who will see a tax "Increase." I quoted "Increase" because it's not really an "Increase," it's just letting the financially devastating tax cuts from the last administration expire. Taxes will still be @ Reagan levels.

The wealthy employers, bankers, insurance giants, who have been exploiting the poor and making sure they stay that way; They're the ones who will see the "increase."

Libs believe wealth is evil, unless that wealth is obtained by a liberal, and then it is ok. America is starting to see that the true idealogy of hate is the liberal idealogy.

It is good to be a liberal when there is a liberal pres in office that enjoys spectacular popularity while making the country a happier and better place...

Such as Obama... oh wait.. he doesn't fit that description...

ok.. Carter... oh wait...... he doesn't either.

Ok... a man of character as pres.... like Clinton... oh wait....

So you mean these ignorant people are tricked into voting against things like higher taxes, less personal liberty and a more dangerous world?

Why is it so difficult for cons to accept that certain things are done far more efficiently at a federal level?

Yeah, everyone loves a tax cut. But what if that tax cut means you lose a government service and have to replace it with a private one that costs more? You've put a $20 in that persons pocket and taken a $50 out of another pocket on the same pair of jeans.

Poor rural Christians are not the ones who will see a tax "Increase." I quoted "Increase" because it's not really an "Increase," it's just letting the financially devastating tax cuts from the last administration expire. Taxes will still be @ Reagan levels.

The wealthy employers, bankers, insurance giants, who have been exploiting the poor and making sure they stay that way; They're the ones who will see the "increase."

Libs believe wealth is evil, unless that wealth is obtained by a liberal, and then it is ok. America is starting to see that the true idealogy of hate is the liberal idealogy.

You really didn't address anything I said. Just more soundbytes.

Ahh we enjoy getting money earned by cons. It is much rarer than liberal earned money.

Look up the definition of pluralism... It's what liberals should be, and I think it embodies "good." ... Not sure how you could be baffled by your own question.
I suppose that's one way to rationalize moral relativism

Liberals = people's rights...
By "people" do you mean man=monkey=dog=cat=rat? Because when I think of liberals I can't help but think of things like animal raights and environmental rights and at the same time the right to snuff out an unborn child...all things are relative I suppose :eusa_eh:

Liberals tend to confuse want's and desires with rights. For example, health care is a desire not a right.

Conservatives = property and banking rights...
I suppose that's one way to view it. Another way is the simple notion that your rights don't exist without economic freedom.

Here's a better question... What's "Christ-like" about modern conservatism?
What's Christ-like about liberalism? Give a man a fish (liberalism) feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish (Conservatism) feed him for life. I think Chist would be more inclined to teach a man to live his own life.

Liberalism is slavery.... it teaches dependency, it preaches envy and hatred, it seeks to absolve men of any responsibility for their station in life while demonizing those who have succeeded. It seeks to tear all down to the same level while those in power continue to live off the backs of those they pretend to serve. They see 3 classes: Sheep, Wolves and then the enlightened few who prepetuate the perceived struggle between the sheep and the wolves and then pretend to protect the sheep from the wolves.

Look up the definition of pluralism... It's what liberals should be, and I think it embodies "good." ... Not sure how you could be baffled by your own question.

Usually it boils down to this, with a few exceptions:

You nailed it!

But it nothing new...human nature is the one constant throughout history...

"Republicans care more about property, Democrats care more about people"
Ted Sorensen - President Kennedy's Special Counsel & Adviser, and primary speechwriter

Liberalism is trust of the people, tempered by prudence; conservatism, distrust of people, tempered by fear.
William E. Gladstone

If God created trees, shouldn't liberals be the ones calling conservative Christians 'tree huggers'???

No one has ever stopped you about caring about other people. No one has interfered with your freedom to care but it seems like the left are interested in restricting someone else freedom to not care.

I'm sure you didn't intend to prove right wingers are scum...but you just DID...

You unwittingly confirmed what had been apparent with every post from a right winger on this board and with every step the Republican party has taken over the past 30 years and in particular, since Barack Obama took office.

YES...you DO have the right to not care about the people of America...and so does your brethren... al Qaeda.

Just be honest and call yourselves what you are...terrorists

June 15, 2009
“Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group
Percentage of “liberals” higher this decade than in early ’90sby Lydia SaadPRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.

Ooooooooooooooooooooops !!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bottom line?

The fcukking k00ks have been trying to stamp out tradition in America for over 100 years now............have made some inroads in the past century, but ultimately meet the wall of epic fAiL
again... you purposely miss the point. polls taking snapshots of public opinion do nothing to changed the fact that liberalism has been on a steady march in America since the middle of the 19th century and there has not been a single thing that conservatives have been able to do to reverse it. ALl they have ever been able to do, and all you will ever be able to do in the future is to slow it down. Even when your side has control of every aspect of government, you are still incapable of reversing or undoing any major accomplishment of progressive liberalism. Now... if you could somehow regain control of the white house and the congress, and THEN actually repeal the civil rights act, or child labor laws, or the 40 hour work week, or minimum wage, or women's suffrage, or social security or medicare or medicaid or any of the plethora of progressive liberal initiatives that your side opposed at their inception... if you could do THAT, I would take notice.

And if you honestly truly believe that enacting ALL of those issues is the mark of an epic fail on the part of progressive liberalism, you are a fool... but stay foolish, my friend. The dumber our opposition, the easier it is to move forward.:razz:

The game changer s0n..........................

obama_budget_deficit_chart.jpg

a dynamic, absent for the past 100 years!!!!:funnyface:

apparently, you have your hopes up.

whatever works for you.

Let me know when you start repealing any of that long list of progressive liberal initiatives I gave you. LOL

For curious independent observers.................

Take a little peek at the number of posts of the lefty k00ks on this board. Check it out. Your jaw will drop..........
For example...........this Maineman guy. ALmost 12,000 fcukking posts!!!!!:tomato:

Why?

Because thats how many posts it takes to perpetually make your points based on THEORY!!!

Think about it...................

again...the existence of child labor laws, women's suffrage, the labor movement, minimum wage, workplace safety, social security, medicare, medicaid, americans with disabilities act, civil rights, voting rights, environmental protection, et. al. is not "theory" regardless of your fantasy characterizing them as such. Let me know when conservatism in America succeeds in repealing any of those.

Honestly, I think most people are liberal in their politics in the old 19th century kind of way. Even Ronald Reagen noticed that liberalism changed in the 1930s which was the reason he left the democratic party.

So I am asking, Isn't their something good about being liberal at least being liberal the way it use to mean about a hundred years ago?

Here's what you just said.

Liberals = The government knows what's best for you.
Conservatives = Make something of yourself instead of relying on the government.

Last edited:
June 15, 2009
“Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group
Percentage of “liberals” higher this decade than in early ’90sby Lydia SaadPRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.

Ooooooooooooooooooooops !!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bottom line?

The fcukking k00ks have been trying to stamp out tradition in America for over 100 years now............have made some inroads in the past century, but ultimately meet the wall of epic fAiL
again... you purposely miss the point. polls taking snapshots of public opinion do nothing to changed the fact that liberalism has been on a steady march in America since the middle of the 19th century and there has not been a single thing that conservatives have been able to do to reverse it. ALl they have ever been able to do, and all you will ever be able to do in the future is to slow it down. Even when your side has control of every aspect of government, you are still incapable of reversing or undoing any major accomplishment of progressive liberalism. Now... if you could somehow regain control of the white house and the congress, and THEN actually repeal the civil rights act, or child labor laws, or the 40 hour work week, or minimum wage, or women's suffrage, or social security or medicare or medicaid or any of the plethora of progressive liberal initiatives that your side opposed at their inception... if you could do THAT, I would take notice.

And if you honestly truly believe that enacting ALL of those issues is the mark of an epic fail on the part of progressive liberalism, you are a fool... but stay foolish, my friend. The dumber our opposition, the easier it is to move forward.:razz:

fiscal 2009 deficit is allocated to president bush, that began oct 1 2008, ending sept 30, 2009.... looks like your chart shows obama REDUCING the deficit that was left him, every year through 2012....?

the deficits showing after 2012 are going to be deficits of the NEXT president, whether a democrat or a republican...

fiscal 2009 deficit is allocated to president bush, that began oct 1 2008, ending sept 30, 2009.... looks like your chart shows obama REDUCING the deficit that was left him, every year through 2012....?

the deficits showing after 2012 are going to be deficits of the NEXT president, whether a democrat or a republican...

So that's the Obama legacy? More debt? I don't think trumpetting that will score you any points with fellow liberals....:lol:

So that's the Obama legacy? More debt? I don't think trumpetting that will score you any points with fellow liberals....:lol:

of course, that is not the point. the point is: progressive liberalism is always on the march, and all that conservatives have EVER been able to do is to temporarily slow it down. What was once considered ideas on the far left fringe are now accepted as completely mainstream. That process has continued relatively unabated for more than a century and will not be slowed down by short term partisan bickering or one-upsmanship.

I'm sure you didn't intend to prove right wingers are scum...but you just DID...

You unwittingly confirmed what had been apparent with every post from a right winger on this board and with every step the Republican party has taken over the past 30 years and in particular, since Barack Obama took office.

YES...you DO have the right to not care about the people of America...and so does your brethren... al Qaeda.

You don't understand the concept of proving an argument. Advocating for the freedom to make a personal decision is not proof of the decision you personally made.

Honestly, I think most people are liberal in their politics in the old 19th century kind of way. Even Ronald Reagen noticed that liberalism changed in the 1930s which was the reason he left the democratic party.

So I am asking, Isn't their something good about being liberal at least being liberal the way it use to mean about a hundred years ago?

I know I know

Their disdain for Social Justice!!

Such as?

This sounds good but it's all supposition...meaningless without any specifics. I guess I could counter with more meaningless supposition and say that it may be 20 dollars the person see's out of his pocket and another 50 he nevers see's in hidden costs, fees, taxes, price increases, stagnant wages... What the heck...it may mean someone doesn't have a job because the business couldn't afford to hire another employee

Oh man. I've got to give you props on this post. That right there is just fantastic comedy.

I'm laughing my ass off here.

No one has ever stopped you about caring about other people. No one has interfered with your freedom to care but it seems like the left are interested in restricting someone else freedom to not care.

Oh man. I've got to give you props on this post. That right there is just fantastic comedy.

I'm laughing my ass off here.

Laugh? Actually it is pretty sad. America has to deal with a whole generation of conservatives without conscience. Let me ask you this....If patriotism is not based on caring about fellow citizens, then what IS it based on? Buildings? WHAT kind of patriotism is THAT?

No man is an island...NO ONE makes it to become an adult on their own.

Matter of fact, ihopehefails' screen name implies he hopes our President fails...

Sure SOUNDS like the way terrorists talk...

He proves John Kenneth Galbraith is right.

caddis said:
What's Christ-like about liberalism? Give a man a fish (liberalism) feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish (Conservatism) feed him for life. I think Chist would be more inclined to teach a man to live his own life.

I've seen this sentiment before. And the false dichotomy is illustrative of the real problem.

It's not a choice between giving the starving man a fish and teaching him to fish. The starving man needs both. It really is that simple.

Forum List

Back