When is it good to be a liberal?

the best thing about liberals is me, I like myself, I like being liberal, I know, no other way than to be and think liberal....Liberal, and the word it is derived from, is one of the most beautiful words in our dictionary and vocabulary and in life itself. :D

the best thing about liberals is me, I like myself, I like being liberal, I know, no other way than to be and think liberal....Liberal, and the word it is derived from, is one of the most beautiful words in our dictionary and vocabulary and in life itself. :D

"you must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Care4all again"

meh................

I gotta say though.........what happens in somebody's life that makes them want to embrace a fringe outlook on things??? I never quite got that? I guess there are some people who are eternally idealistic. Amen............

But a vast majority of people view life as I do...........that life is about suck vs. suckier. Despite attempts by the liberal social engineers for the past 2000 years, its always the same: life as about accepting necessary tradeoffs. The 'Stones wrote a song about it back in the 1960's........the operative words of the song being, "you just might find..........."

100.........300 years from now, liberals will still be searching for it and coming up empty, thus, we must give them credit for resiliency. I come on here all the time and publically own the k00ks on here, but damn.............they keep showing up for further humiliation!!:lol: And thank God for that.........

Last edited:
.............which reminds me...........havent checked out the updated USMessage Board Political Forums scoreboard recently.......................

Scoreboardbig.jpg

Geez............see what I mean? And they keep showing up............:thup:

Last edited:

meh................

I gotta say though.........what happens in somebody's life that makes them want to embrace a fringe outlook on things??? I never quite got that? I guess there are some people who are eternally idealistic. Amen............

But a vast majority of people view life as I do...........that life is about suck vs. suckier. Despite attempts by the liberal social engineers for the past 2000 years, its always the same: life as about accepting necessary tradeoffs. The 'Stones wrote a song about it back in the 1960's........the operative words of the song being, "you just might find..........."

100.........300 years from now, liberals will still be searching for it and coming up empty, thus, we must give them credit for resiliency. I come on here all the time and publically own the k00ks on here, but damn.............they keep showing up!!:lol: And thank God for that.........

it must suck to realize that, as a conservative, all you will EVER be able to do is mount a temporary delaying action. The march of progressive liberalism in America (and in the world, for that matter) has been pretty much unabated. women's sffrage. child labor laws. workplace safety. the labor movement. social security. civil rights. voting rights. environmental protection. minimum wage. medicare. gay rights. and on and on we go. All you can really ever do is slow us down.... you'll never stop us.

c'est la vie, muthafucka:razz:

meh................

100.........300 years from now, liberals will still be searching for it and coming up empty, thus, we must give them credit for resiliency. I come on here all the time and publically own the k00ks on here, but damn.............they keep showing up!!:lol: And thank God for that.........

it must suck to realize that, as a conservative, all you will EVER be able to do is mount a temporary delaying action. The march of progressive liberalism in America (and in the world, for that matter) has been pretty much unabated. women's sffrage. child labor laws. workplace safety. the labor movement. social security. civil rights. voting rights. environmental protection. minimum wage. medicare. gay rights. and on and on we go. All you can really ever do is slow us down.... you'll never stop us.

gay...................

then come November...........the k00ks should mop up in the elections!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

By the way..........if liberal Progressivism is so on the rise, how come only about 274 people/night tune in to watch this guys' show?????

olbermann_keiith_pate-1.jpg

:oops::oops:

Last edited:
meh................

indeed...................

then come November...........the k00ks should mop up in the elections!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

you purposely miss the point. Liberals are not measuring success in election cycles, but in decades and centuries. The list of accomplishments I laid out were ALL opposed by conservatives and they were ALL enacted and will never be repealed. You may win an election, but history has shown that, even when conservatives are in control of all three branches of government, they are incapable of dismantling what has been put in place by progressive liberalism. Like I said, all you can do is stall and delay in the short term... the sweep of history in this nation shows the continuing triumph of progressive liberalism against conservatism... that's just fact.

310 viewers per night in prime time s0n.......................

olbermann_keiith_pate-1.jpg

I rest.............

( some people spend way to much time at sea!!!:funnyface::funnyface: I suppose one can get quite theoretical out there in the middle of nowhere!!)

Last edited:
June 15, 2009
“Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group
Percentage of “liberals” higher this decade than in early ’90sby Lydia SaadPRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.

Ooooooooooooooooooooops !!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bottom line?

The fcukking k00ks have been trying to stamp out tradition in America for over 100 years now............have made some inroads in the past century, but ultimately meet the wall of epic fAiL

Last edited:
June 15, 2009
Percentage of “liberals” higher this decade than in early ’90sby Lydia SaadPRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.

bottom line?

The fcukking k00ks have been trying to stamp out tradition in America for over 100 years now............have made some inroads in the past century, but ultimately meet the wall of epic fAiL
again... you purposely miss the point. polls taking snapshots of public opinion do nothing to changed the fact that liberalism has been on a steady march in America since the middle of the 19th century and there has not been a single thing that conservatives have been able to do to reverse it. ALl they have ever been able to do, and all you will ever be able to do in the future is to slow it down. Even when your side has control of every aspect of government, you are still incapable of reversing or undoing any major accomplishment of progressive liberalism. Now... if you could somehow regain control of the white house and the congress, and THEN actually repeal the civil rights act, or child labor laws, or the 40 hour work week, or minimum wage, or women's suffrage, or social security or medicare or medicaid or any of the plethora of progressive liberal initiatives that your side opposed at their inception... if you could do THAT, I would take notice.

And if you honestly truly believe that enacting ALL of those issues is the mark of an epic fail on the part of progressive liberalism, you are a fool... but stay foolish, my friend. The dumber our opposition, the easier it is to move forward.:razz:

June 15, 2009

bottom line?

again... you purposely miss the point. polls taking snapshots of public opinion do nothing to changed the fact that liberalism has been on a steady march in America since the middle of the 19th century and there has not been a single thing that conservatives have been able to do to reverse it. ALl they have ever been able to do, and all you will ever be able to do in the future is to slow it down. Even when your side has control of every aspect of government, you are still incapable of reversing or undoing any major accomplishment of progressive liberalism. Now... if you could somehow regain control of the white house and the congress, and THEN actually repeal the civil rights act, or child labor laws, or the 40 hour work week, or minimum wage, or women's suffrage, or social security or medicare or medicaid or any of the plethora of progressive liberal initiatives that your side opposed at their inception... if you could do THAT, I would take notice.

And if you honestly truly believe that enacting ALL of those issues is the mark of an epic fail on the part of progressive liberalism, you are a fool... but stay foolish, my friend. The dumber our opposition, the easier it is to move forward.:razz:

The game changer s0n..........................

obama_budget_deficit_chart.jpg

a dynamic, absent for the past 100 years!!!!:funnyface:

Funny, but the left is always goin on about the right trying to impose morality on everybody, but, let's be honest, who are they really talking about? Falwell, Roberts, Robertson, etc. are not political figures. Sure, they preach, but I don't listen to them and as such they are not a factor in my life. The left on the other hand is entrenched in my life through political means and is daily telling me what to think, what to say, what to eat, what not to eat, what to say, what not to say, what car to drive, what car not to drive... the list goes on. This is why we strive to push them out every chance we get.. time to stop their imposition of their twisted morality on the rest of us.

Its this simple..................

Over the past 100 years, there have been no consequences for America for the vast expansion of entitlement programs and free handout public policy. Thats all changed now.........and the progressive's are stuck in the last century when nobody cared about the government writing blank checks. Thats all changing now..........its not even debatable.

Some on this thread reference "revolution". Oh..........and its coming. We're about to see sh!t that nobody posting on this board has ever seen in their lifetime.

Progressivism is about to become a museum piece in a big glass case..........like a relic of a former era.

It is ALWAYS good to be a liberal.

well unless you took a wrong turn and wound up in the middle of a teabaggers convention while wearing your Hugo T-shirt.

For curious independent observers.................

Take a little peek at the number of posts of the lefty k00ks on this board. Check it out. Your jaw will drop..........
For example...........this Maineman guy. ALmost 12,000 fcukking posts!!!!!:tomato:

Why?

Because thats how many posts it takes to perpetually make your points based on THEORY!!!

Think about it...................

I'm trying to figure what your own personal philosophy about giving has to do with your own political philosophy? What does that have to do with issues around federlism, limited government, certain questionable laws, and any other legal procedure the government can take.

You seem like an intelligent guy (I'm serious, don't get offended). Many Christians, and the more fundamental they are the more this becomes true: They don't know jack shit about politics. They just know that the evil Democrats like to kill babies for fun.

In this way, particularly poorer Christians, vote consistently against their own best interests. They're just kind of tricked into it; it's actually kind of sad.

So you mean these ignorant people are tricked into voting against things like higher taxes, less personal liberty and a more dangerous world?

Ya... they sure are tricked into voting against their best interests.

June 15, 2009

bottom line?

Purposely missing the point is basically their platform. :tomato:

I'm trying to figure what your own personal philosophy about giving has to do with your own political philosophy? What does that have to do with issues around federlism, limited government, certain questionable laws, and any other legal procedure the government can take.

You seem like an intelligent guy (I'm serious, don't get offended). Many Christians, and the more fundamental they are the more this becomes true: They don't know jack shit about politics. They just know that the evil Democrats like to kill babies for fun.

In this way, particularly poorer Christians, vote consistently against their own best interests. They're just kind of tricked into it; it's actually kind of sad.

So you mean these ignorant people are tricked into voting against things like higher taxes, less personal liberty and a more dangerous world?

Ya... they sure are tricked into voting against their best interests.

Why is it so difficult for cons to accept that certain things are done far more efficiently at a federal level?

Yeah, everyone loves a tax cut. But what if that tax cut means you lose a government service and have to replace it with a private one that costs more? You've put a $20 in that persons pocket and taken a $50 out of another pocket on the same pair of jeans.

Poor rural Christians are not the ones who will see a tax "Increase." I quoted "Increase" because it's not really an "Increase," it's just letting the financially devastating tax cuts from the last administration expire. Taxes will still be @ Reagan levels.

The wealthy employers, bankers, insurance giants, who have been exploiting the poor and making sure they stay that way; They're the ones who will see the "increase."

Last edited:
Look up the definition of pluralism... It's what liberals should be, and I think it embodies "good." ... Not sure how you could be baffled by your own question.
I suppose that's one way to rationalize moral relativism

Liberals = people's rights...
By "people" do you mean man=monkey=dog=cat=rat? Because when I think of liberals I can't help but think of things like animal raights and environmental rights and at the same time the right to snuff out an unborn child...all things are relative I suppose :eusa_eh:

Liberals tend to confuse want's and desires with rights. For example, health care is a desire not a right.

Conservatives = property and banking rights...
I suppose that's one way to view it. Another way is the simple notion that your rights don't exist without economic freedom.

Here's a better question... What's "Christ-like" about modern conservatism?
What's Christ-like about liberalism? Give a man a fish (liberalism) feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish (Conservatism) feed him for life. I think Chist would be more inclined to teach a man to live his own life.

Forum List

Back