When I was in Texas

I don't have A/C, so it's a moot question

I thought everyone in America had air conditioning and also basements, although someone told me that in some American States they don't have basements, but I can't remember which States they are.
In Texas I had a swamp cooler and two window units when it got over 95 degrees, my parents house in Colorado just had a swamp cooler until my dad installed air conditioning a year before he died. The house here in Albuquerque has central air and heat. Lots of people specifically in rural areas have no air conditioning at all and many still use wood or coal to heat their homes.
Oh and I haven't lived in a house with a basement for over three years, lots of houses out here have no basements and probably a quarter of all houses out here are "mobile" or manufactured homes, most have no basement. There are even areas where there is no plumbing in the house or the waste lines run directly into a creek.
Sounds like Texass...
And Arizona and New Mexico and West Virginia and many other areas in the Appalachians, etc........

I thought everyone in America had air conditioning and also basements, although someone told me that in some American States they don't have basements, but I can't remember which States they are.
In Texas I had a swamp cooler and two window units when it got over 95 degrees, my parents house in Colorado just had a swamp cooler until my dad installed air conditioning a year before he died. The house here in Albuquerque has central air and heat. Lots of people specifically in rural areas have no air conditioning at all and many still use wood or coal to heat their homes.
Oh and I haven't lived in a house with a basement for over three years, lots of houses out here have no basements and probably a quarter of all houses out here are "mobile" or manufactured homes, most have no basement. There are even areas where there is no plumbing in the house or the waste lines run directly into a creek.
Sounds like Texass...
And Arizona and New Mexico and West Virginia and many other areas in the Appalachians, etc........
Here in the Ozarks they use squirrels and a cage fan....The possums are too slow..

Sounds like Texass...
Here in the Ozarks they use squirrels and a cage fan....
Emancipation for squirrels!!!!!

Sounds like Texass...
Here in the Ozarks they use squirrels and a cage fan....
Emancipation for squirrels!!!!!
They get free goobers...

Sounds like Texass...

Actually I'm smack dab in the middle of Appalachia and other than this site and a few posters from the Southwest including yourself, I would have never heard of a "swamp cooler". Y'all had to describe it to me. To this day I've never seen one.

As noted in those conversations I've never lived in the Southwest either but places I have lived it doesn't exist. Lucy's not going to know what it is.

Around here it's actually rather humid, even though it's mountainous.

Really old people with poor circulation can stand hotter temps..

Old people can not stand hot or cold (especially cold). Air conditioning moderates the temperatures and have increased the life expectancy for people more than any other invention.

Really old people with poor circulation can stand hotter temps..

Old people can not stand hot or cold (especially cold). Air conditioning moderates the temperatures and have increased the life expectancy for people more than any other invention.
Yeah, that why their houses are hot in the summer and hotter in the winter..

Sounds like Texass...

Actually I'm smack dab in the middle of Appalachia and other than this site and a few posters from the Southwest including yourself, I would have never heard of a "swamp cooler". Y'all had to describe it to me. To this day I've never seen one.

As noted in those conversations I've never lived in the Southwest either but places I have lived it doesn't exist. Lucy's not going to know what it is.

I figured if Lucy wanted to know she'd either ask or have a large bag of CPH4 placed in her stomach then rupture it......... :eusa_whistle:

Sounds like Texass...

I figured if Lucy wanted to know she'd either ask or have a large bag of CPH4 placed in her stomach then rupture it......... :eusa_whistle:
You do watch TV don't you?

Sounds like Texass...

That's a movie I streamed on my computer............ Ya know, we can do that these days.......

Sounds like Texass...

That's a movie I streamed on my computer............ Ya know, we can do that these days.......
I am aware of pirating of movies on the internet, ja...I use a WiiU...

WiiU? WiiMe?

When I was in Texas Pt. CCL :smoke:

A friend of mine owns a medium size hotel, so it was at least 104 degrees and this man appeared and said he wanted rooms for four days and four nights, this because the air conditioning in his house had stopped and it was some type of holiday weekend and they could not fix it until the Tuesday.

Is this a normal happening, if your air conditioning stopped would you go to a hotel or stay in the house?
Only those who could afford to do so. The better option, IMO, is to buy window air conditioners. Two big ones would cost the same 4 nights in a hotel plus provide backup for far longer than a week. I have one for the master bedroom plus a 9,0000 watt generator to provide power in case I lost power.

WiiU? WiiMe?
WiiUs, sounds like Wii'l need rubber sheets...

A friend of mine owns a medium size hotel, so it was at least 104 degrees and this man appeared and said he wanted rooms for four days and four nights, this because the air conditioning in his house had stopped and it was some type of holiday weekend and they could not fix it until the Tuesday.

Is this a normal happening, if your air conditioning stopped would you go to a hotel or stay in the house?
Only those who could afford to do so. The better option, IMO, is to buy window air conditioners. Two big ones would cost the same 4 nights in a hotel plus provide backup for far longer than a week.
Some folks don't look for long term solutions...

WiiU? WiiMe?
Don't be so pedantic..

Only those who could afford to do so. The better option, IMO, is to buy window air conditioners. Two big ones would cost the same 4 nights in a hotel plus provide backup for far longer than a week.
True. I, OTOH, always have a Plan B if not a Plan C and D.

WiiU? WiiMe?
Don't be so pedantic..
I was being shallow....

True. I, OTOH, always have a Plan B if not a Plan C and D.
I have lots of plans they just never pan out..

Our house in Fort Worth had a heat pump and it worked well when it worked. after spending nearly 10,000 dollars over a period of time fixing it, replacing it and fixing it and replacing it again, I put three window units in. Light bill was less, and almost as cool on really hot days.

Forum List

Back