Project X: Fun Consumerism Diction

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a consumerism-imaginarium tale (about a dystopian 'thesaurus-weapon') inspired by the modernism-paranoia film Project X.

====

trio2.jpg

Three American 'personalities' (two movie stars and an Internet-blogging Ivy League graduate) were being considered as 'magazine-culture diplomats' for the new age of commerce-driven 'couture' (i.e., Facebook, People Magazine, etc.). Who would be credited for such a diplomacy campaign -- Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Clinton, or Elvis Presley? The world was changing (and global culture with it!), and people were talking about daydreams and layman psychiatry (e.g., Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps).

CRUISE: Maybe the media will brainwash the world...
AJAY: Nah, comic book movies will keep everyone 'sane.'
HANKS: It's funny how pedestrian politics is coordinated with 'street-talk anthropology' now.

CRUISE: That is interesting; I wonder if Nuclear Man (DC Comics) is the new Devil!
AJAY: The only way to defeat a confounding comic book 'supervillain' is to create a propaganda-perimeter.
HANKS: Creating propaganda (i.e., Citizen Kane) requires circulation of pedestrian rhetoric (i.e., magazines).

CRUISE: Terrorism and alien invasions seem to be the paranoia of the modern age (is that argumentative?).
AJAY: It's no wonder sci-fi storytellers daydream about laser-weapons that pierce through the brain!
HANKS: To harness all this energy means sustenance; to lose control could mean complete schizophrenia.

As Cruise, Ajay, and Hanks pondered the scope of the potency of this modern age of 'magazine-machinery,' Ajay told his two 'celeb-buddies' about a peculiar 'weapon' he uncovered using a philosophy trick. Ajay explained, "The Liar's Paradox is a principle in logic which states that when an intelligible person remarks, 'Every statement is false,' he/she is neither lying nor telling the truth, since the statement itself is both a declarative and a self-negation (i.e., 'how could a statement be telling you the truth if it is accurate about the notion that all statements are false?')!" Ajay elucidated that the Liar's Paradox would suggest that 'gaps' in communication in the modern age (e.g., Internet malfunctions) could spell 'systemic vertigo.'

Cruise, Ajay, and Hanks (aka, 'the Triad') took their notes to the Smithsonian Institution, which was planning a special exhibit about 'modern marvels.' The Triad showed the representatives at the Smithsonian that if museums build a special exhibit in which fantastic fictional comic book supervillains such as Vertigo (Marvel Comics), a female mutant who can warp the mind with telekinetic turbulence waves, are challenged in their power by simple 'modern pedestrian tricks' which confound 'normal' tracks of intelligibility and perception, then people would see the 'reach' of proletariat combinatorics! Ajay showed the Smithsonian how Vertigo's telekinetic 'waves' could be 'insulted' (in regular yoga) with a simple Polaroid instant-camera. The Smithsonian loved the exhibit-idea, since it represented a sort of modern 'nihilism archery,' and the Triad were awarded the Nobel Prize. It was a real pedestrianism-evangelical achievement.

====

maze1.jpg

Forum List

Back