When I was in my late teens sweating out Nam and the draft

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
I always thought of it as LBJs War.

How about so me of that???????????????????????

Nixon came along and put an end to it................

Maybe I would have enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor even if I was 15 - lied about my age

How many lied about theirage to get into nam?

Last edited:

Maybe I would have enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor even if I was 15 - lied about my age

Clearly at least SOME did, because the youngest American casualty was SIXTEEN years old.

My husband enlisted in the Marines when he was 17....had to get his parents permission.
That wasn't easy especially since they knew right after basic he was heading for Nam.
I'm sure he wasn't the only young person that did the same..................

Marines, yes, Army, no. Nam was no joke, so what is your point. After 9-11 I watched several of our employees enlist, and I thank God every day that they returned and pray for those families whose children paid the ultimate price to insure our country remained free.

Marines, yes, Army, no. Nam was no joke, so what is your point. After 9-11 I watched several of our employees enlist, and I thank God every day that they returned and pray for those families whose children paid the ultimate price to insure our country remained free.
With due respect for your patriotic ideals, the sad fact is the ultimate price paid by those who died or were maimed in Vietnam had absolutely nothing to do with preserving our freedom. Their sacrifice was absolutely unnecessary and their lives were wasted by a corrupt and incompetent government.

And to compoud the tragedy we clearly haven't learned anything from that debacle.

Prayer and thanks to the men and women of all ages in all wars who have fought and died for our coiuntry and those that come home, many physcally scared and mentaly messed up are just patted on the bach and turned lose. We don't do our military justice.

Prayer and thanks to the men and women of all ages in all wars who have fought and died for our coiuntry and those that come home, many physcally scared and mentaly messed up are just patted on the bach and turned lose. We don't do our military justice.
Which is why it is critically important that the truth about unnecessary military adventures be revealed and government officials be held accountable for deceptively precipitating such debacles as our armed involvement in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

I am not opposed to showing appropriate respect for our troops. But it is a serious mistake to facilitate and to tacitly justify the wholly unnecessary and irresponsible placing of those troops in harm's way by simply thanking the troops -- which suggests their sacrifice in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan has actually served to preserve our freedom or to benefit our Nation in some way. Because that is not true! Such redundantly misplaced expressions of gratitude serve to divert attention from the truth and to shield those who are responsible for the waste and suffering from being exposed and appropriately censured.

Last edited:

Jesus Christ just shut the fuck up already.:mad:

Ginscpy you were too much of a yellow belly pussy ass bitch to answer the call for Nam, so what makes you think you would have enlisted in WW2?

Ginscpy you were too much of a yellow belly pussy ass bitch to answer the call for Nam, so what makes you think you would have enlisted in WW2?
I recently met with a Tail Gunner who flew with my Grandfather in WWII. He stayed in the military after the war and retired in 1966 because, as he said: "I didn't like the way Vietnam was shaping up". He's also against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't think any of US would call HIM a pussy for doing that.

I recently met with a Tail Gunner who flew with my Grandfather in WWII. He stayed in the military after the war and retired in 1966 because, as he said: "I didn't like the way Vietnam was shaping up". He's also against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't think any of US would call HIM a pussy for doing that.

Theres a difference between your grandfathers friend and a armchair general like ginscpy who has never served a day in his life.

Which is why it is critically important that the truth about unnecessary military adventures be revealed and government officials be held accountable for deceptively precipitating such debacles as our armed involvement in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

I am not opposed to showing appropriate respect for our troops. But it is a serious mistake to facilitate and to tacitly justify the wholly unnecessary and irresponsible placing of those troops in harm's way by simply thanking the troops -- which suggests their sacrifice in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan has actually served to preserve our freedom or to benefit our Nation in some way. Because that is not true! Such redundantly misplaced expressions of gratitude serve to divert attention from the truth and to shield those who are responsible for the waste and suffering from being exposed and appropriately censured.

What a wall-eyed pile of communist sheep dung! There is exactly NO diference in the sacrifice made by troops in WWII and in wars since or before then and only a major sleeze would suggest otherwise. The soldier fights when and where directed by military commanders under direction of a government elected by the American People. If Vietnam or other wars wasn't as warm and fuzzy enough to suite your taste you should take it up with the American People and the government they elected instead of the poor saps who just tried to do their duty.

Now those same Red Chinese and former North Vietnamese are our bestest buddys.

Maybe yours. I'd like to go back and finish the job like we should have in the first place.

Bush II went over there and sucked up to both the Vietnamese and Chinese.
Saw a picture of him wearing some jammines or somesuch during the visit.

Don't believe Obama has gone over there yet...

Bush II went over there and sucked up to both the Vietnamese and Chinese.
Saw a picture of him wearing some jammines or somesuch during the visit.

At least Bush stepped foot in 'Nam.

That's more than you will ever be able to say, asswiping coward.

Forum List

Back