When I was in my late teens sweating out Nam and the draft

Ginscpy you were too much of a yellow belly pussy ass bitch to answer the call for Nam, so what makes you think you would have enlisted in WW2?
Do you think there is a valid comparison between our actions in Vietnam and in WW-II? If so, please explain.

"Our" actions?

When/where did you serve, fudgepacker.

Or have you remained on the sidelines protesting/cheerleading while our brave men and women have served.

Why don't you fucking enlist. Perhaps you'll gain an appreciation for the USA

Ginscpy you were too much of a yellow belly pussy ass bitch to answer the call for Nam, so what makes you think you would have enlisted in WW2?
Do you think there is a valid comparison between our actions in Vietnam and in WW-II? If so, please explain.

My point is ginscpy is a lips flapping in the wind shaved bald pussy, he is in love with the romantic notions of WW2 but if he were around back than he would have hid under his bed just like he did when he ducked service during Nam.

Now those same Red Chinese and former North Vietnamese are our bestest buddys.

Only because they're willing to work cheap.
opening of new markets to outsource American jobs :)
Bush II went over there and sucked up to both the Vietnamese and Chinese.
Saw a picture of him wearing some jammines or somesuch during the visit.

At least Bush stepped foot in 'Nam.

That's more than you will ever be able to say, asswiping coward.

30+ years after it was over :clap2:

My point is ginscpy is a lips flapping in the wind shaved bald pussy, he is in love with the romantic notions of WW2 but if he were around back than he would have hid under his bed just like he did when he ducked service during Nam.

Where was he during the Korean War?

Where was he during the Korean War?

Probably in Nursery school.

"Our" actions?

Or have you remained on the sidelines protesting/cheerleading while our brave men and women have served.

worrier can't answer the question so off on his anal derangement syndrome routines.

"Our" actions?

worrier can't answer the question so off on his anal derangement syndrome routines.

Why don't you dazzle us with some of your "fake vet" stories, you draftdodging fucking pussy.

"Our" actions?

he's got to keep his log cabin repub cred current

Now those same Red Chinese and former North Vietnamese are our bestest buddys.

Maybe yours. I'd like to go back and finish the job like we should have in the first place.
Why?

Short answer: to kill as many of the murdering, torturing, baby-killing communist scum I was sent there to kill, as was needed to prevent North Vietnam from overrunning South Vietnam and subsequently executing and brutalizing hundred of thousands of South Vietnamese in their "re-education camps", beat North Vietnamese aggression into total submission, free ALL our POW's, and try, convict and execute the communist sonsobitches who tortured and executed them. The ONLY "good" communists are DEAD communists! I hated the VC and the NVA, and still do. Anyone who wants to go back and shake hands with them now, can do so - I'll be damned if I ever will! We beat them on the battlefield, and my only regret is that we were not allowed to go all the way to Hanoi and FINISH them!

Yes; resistance to tyranny and aggression, and attempting to liberate the victims of same. The difference is, in Vietnam, we were not allowed to finish the job, and crush the enemy into unconditional surrender.

I always thought of it as LBJs War.

How about so me of that???????????????????????

Nixon came along and put an end to it................

Maybe I would have enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor even if I was 15 - lied about my age

How many lied about theirage to get into nam?

Nixon lost it, if that's what you mean by "put an end to it". Nixon was elected on his promise to end the war in Vietnam with honor ("I have a plan"; funny, Romney uses the same phrase with the same lack of substance as did Nixon). Nixon was elected in 1968 and took office in January 1969.

The war ended on April 30, 1975 without honor when Saigon fell. If he had a plan, it sure as hell didn't work.

Maybe I would have enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor even if I was 15 - lied about my age

Nixon lost it, if that's what you mean by "put an end to it". Nixon was elected on his promise to end the war in Vietnam with honor ("I have a plan"; funny, Romney uses the same phrase with the same lack of substance as did Nixon). Nixon was elected in 1968 and took office in January 1969.

The war ended on April 30, 1975 without honor when Saigon fell. If he had a plan, it sure as hell didn't work.

His only "plan" was to get himself elected.

The ONLY "peace with honor", is TOTAL VICTORY! Nothing less is acceptable, or ever should be! Damn all stupid ass political rules of engagement, and damn civilian-style morality-kill the enemy until he cries "Uncle" or until there are no more of him left to kill!

What a wall-eyed pile of communist sheep dung! There is exactly NO diference in the sacrifice made by troops in WWII and in wars since or before then and only a major sleeze would suggest otherwise. The soldier fights when and where directed by military commanders under direction of a government elected by the American People. If Vietnam or other wars wasn't as warm and fuzzy enough to suite your taste you should take it up with the American People and the government they elected instead of the poor saps who just tried to do their duty.
When I joined the Marine Corps in 1956 I firmly believed government would not deploy me except if necessary for direct defense of the Nation. At that time I was sufficiently impressionable to believe the "police action" in Korea had been unavoidably necessary. I also believed that "communism" was a real threat to America. Needless to mention, at that time neither I nor the vast majority of other ordinary Americans had the slightest idea of what communism is or why it should be considered a threat to us.

I was separated from the Corps in 1960 and by the time Vietnam heated up my inactive reserve obligation was completed and they couldn't touch me -- for which I considered myself very myself lucky. Because by then I was becoming educated and learning to exercise abstract reasoning, which is something you need to do.

My first cousin, Thomas, wasn't so lucky. He was drafted, sent to Vietnam and killed five weeks after arriving there. I wish I could say his life was sacrificed in defense of America but as (I think) we both know, that isn't true. The fact is Tommy's life, along with the other 58,000 lives lost in Vietnam was wasted. There was no good reason for him, or you, or any other American soldier or Marine to be sent to Vietnam. And if you don't believe that I suggest you educate yourself by reading Robert MacNamara's book, The Fog of War, in which he attempts to justify his incompetent, egotistical actions as Secretary of Defense while admitting the whole thing was a big mistake!

A "mistake."

I wonder if you've read Ron Kovic's book, Born on The Fourth of July, or at least seen the movie. Kovic was a Marine who was paralyzed in Vietnam and he doesn't share your sense of Gung-Ho idealism. Instead, he tells it like it is -- and in doing so he makes the very important point that Americans should not tolerate the kind of deception (Tonkin Gulf) that led to our involvement in an unnecessary military engagement. And if there were more Ron Kovics and fewer chest-pounding GI-Joes like you it is unlikely that Bush could have gotten away with his "weapons of mass destruction" bullshit that added 5,800 more of our sons and brothers lives to the waste.

The fact that there was kill-or-be-killed fighting going on in Vietnam and that you were involved in it is no reason for me or any other American to thank you for it. Because to do so would indirectly be thanking self-serving politicians like MacNamara for committing you to it. Instead of boasting about being in that fight and expecting to be celebrated for it you should be raising hell about it and telling your fellow citizens why there should have been investigations and prosecutions instead of celebrations.

If you were drafted to Vietnam you were screwed. You weren't as lucky as I was and for that you have my sincere sympathy. But if you, like Ron Kovic, enlisted to go to Vietnam, you, like Ron Kovic, were misled into screwing yourself. You still have my sympathy but let's stop trying to make a silver purse out of a sow's ear. You were placed in harm's way by an incompetent government and the only Americans who benefited from your ordeal are the profiteers, the Military Industrial Complex.

The difference between WW-II and Vietnam is the U.S. was attacked by the Japanese Empire, which, along with its ally, the Third Reich of Germany, were committed to invading and occupying or destroying us in WW-II. My father and his two brothers, along with millions of other Americans, put their lives on the line to defend this Country against those two very powerful, capable, and menacing military forces. But North Vietnam did absolutely nothing to us, nor was North Vietnam capable of harming us in any way. We invaded them with absolutely no provocation. In fact, according to the very author of that costly debacle, it was a "mistake."

So, once again, it is a damn shame that you, and others like you, were exposed to that "mistake." But I strongly suggest you make an effort to educate yourself about the facts concerning the Vietnam debacle and try to convince others why it would be a good idea to prosecute self-serving sonsabitches like George W. Bush for deliberately involving this Nation in unnecessary military engagements.

I will sincerely thank you for doing that!

The ONLY "peace with honor", is TOTAL VICTORY! Nothing less is acceptable, or ever should be! Damn all stupid ass political rules of engagement, and damn civilian-style morality-kill the enemy until he cries "Uncle" or until there are no more of him left to kill!
What you've said is justifiable only if the enemy you seek to destroy is the aggressor. But, unfortunately, regrettably, and tragically, we were the aggressor in Vietnam. We went there. They didn't come here. And we had no good reason for going there.

According to Robert MacNamara, Vietnam was a "mistake." According to me it was a goddam crime!

Get counseling!

Forum List

Back