When humans go extinct: How life will evolve after we’re gone ?

I think an avian species has the best shot at taking the top spot for intelligence, should humans die out. They're highly intelligent, and incredibly mobile.

Gotta give top spot to the oceanic Cetaceans
While they may be numerous ; its unlikely that their environment will allow them to overcome the foundational technological hurdle of mastering fire. Which is what really started it all for us...

That is irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

When humans meet their end , and they will, it is not a stretch to say that cetaceans will be one of the most intelligent species left.

Most likely we humans will have severely compromised the ecosystem for other primates so there is a very good chance many primate and mammalian species with high intelligence will be extinct before humans.
Hardly irrelevant. Technology is the hallmark of “intelligence” when it comes to creatures. Tool use being chief amongst these behaviors.
Many other mammals, and birds use tools; than do cetaceans. Not to mention the issue of mobility. They have one puddle in which to make it, or break it. Something happens to it... their kind goes tits up.

I think an avian species has the best shot at taking the top spot for intelligence, should humans die out. They're highly intelligent, and incredibly mobile.

Gotta give top spot to the oceanic Cetaceans
While they may be numerous ; its unlikely that their environment will allow them to overcome the foundational technological hurdle of mastering fire. Which is what really started it all for us...

That is irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

When humans meet their end , and they will, it is not a stretch to say that cetaceans will be one of the most intelligent species left.

Most likely we humans will have severely compromised the ecosystem for other primates so there is a very good chance many primate and mammalian species with high intelligence will be extinct before humans.
Hardly irrelevant. Technology is the hallmark of “intelligence” when it comes to creatures. Tool use being chief amongst these behaviors.
Many other mammals, and birds use tools; than do cetaceans. Not to mention the issue of mobility. They have one puddle in which to make it, or break it. Something happens to it... their kind goes tits up.
The question put forth was how would life evolve after humans are extinct not if other species could evolve as humans did.

In all reality this planet will most likely be left to the insects after we go extinct because in all reality we will have compromised the ecosystem so much that it will bring about the demise of many other species before our own exctinction

There i found it the documentary and in English

In the video we do not know the reason for the lack of electricity and the cause of the extinction of humans one of the possible causes would be a magnetic storm as it is already happening to a lesser degree in 1989 in Québec .
Mars would have been a victim in the past of magnetic storms.
Link : SVS: Solar Wind Strips the Martian Atmosphere

If humans disappeared, there would be a growth spurt in the animal population, and it might get a bit dicey for a while with a couple of species going extinct, but then everything would settle down and return to normal.

As far as what species might replace us? Dunno...........but it would be interesting to see what they thought about archaeology after they dig a couple of relics from humans out of the dirt.

Think they would think we were as stupid as we think the dinosaurs were?
The top predators on land are the grizzly, the wolf, and the mountain lion in America. These would likely also spread to Europe from Siberia, which is a lot like Canada and Alaska in that it is very pristine and has the same kind of top predators there.

Instead of mountain lions, Asia has tigers.

The top predators in the oceans are the orca and the sharks.

The top predators in the skies are the eagles, hawks, and owls.

In Africa the top predators are the elephants and lions. With Africa cut off by the Suez Canal which is now essentially a tidal river they would likely remain trapped on that continent however.

That's who would take over dominance if humans became extinct.

I think if humans go extinct it will also mean that a lot of the other larger mamals had also gone extinct as well. As it is now, elephants are much more endangered than we are. I'm thinking it will be some smaller animals who survive like rats and the common house cat.

opus.jpg

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

In about 1.2 Billion years it will not matter as the Sun will become a red giant and absorb the earth!

i thought we had 4 billion years left
should we do a paris accord and raise taxes ?

CLOSEDCAPTION;9372433 SAID:
Yep, I defend your rights to get butt fucked and I laugh at butt fuckers at the same time. I'm an onion that way...layers son.

But your boo hooing about intellect doesnt effect me...that faggotry hasnt worked on people since the 4th...no 3rd grade

:113::auiqs.jpg:

Bonsoir, This was a program that i saw about the end of the world that would happen in December 21 2012. Good thing it did not happen and Ok it is in French but after a other episode show what it will be left after the human i don't have the episode. it show that everything disappear (a CD will take 100 years for a example) the plants ( nature) will take is right again.
The French episode

A link about life after the humans

When humans go extinct: How life will evolve after we’re gone

I suppose the real answer is ;" What difference does it make ?"

Bonsoir, This was a program that i saw about the end of the world that would happen in December 21 2012. Good thing it did not happen and Ok it is in French but after a other episode show what it will be left after the human i don't have the episode. it show that everything disappear (a CD will take 100 years for a example) the plants ( nature) will take is right again.
The French episode

A link about life after the humans

When humans go extinct: How life will evolve after we’re gone

I suppose the real answer is ;" What difference does it make ?"

No difference but i wanted to show what could be one of the Reason why the human could disappear in the video they did not said the cause

If humans disappeared, there would be a growth spurt in the animal population, and it might get a bit dicey for a while with a couple of species going extinct, but then everything would settle down and return to normal.

As far as what species might replace us? Dunno...........but it would be interesting to see what they thought about archaeology after they dig a couple of relics from humans out of the dirt.

Think they would think we were as stupid as we think the dinosaurs were?
The top predators on land are the grizzly, the wolf, and the mountain lion in America. These would likely also spread to Europe from Siberia, which is a lot like Canada and Alaska in that it is very pristine and has the same kind of top predators there.

Instead of mountain lions, Asia has tigers.

The top predators in the oceans are the orca and the sharks.

The top predators in the skies are the eagles, hawks, and owls.

In Africa the top predators are the elephants and lions. With Africa cut off by the Suez Canal which is now essentially a tidal river they would likely remain trapped on that continent however.

That's who would take over dominance if humans became extinct.

I think if humans go extinct it will also mean that a lot of the other larger mamals had also gone extinct as well. As it is now, elephants are much more endangered than we are. I'm thinking it will be some smaller animals who survive like rats and the common house cat.
Rat and the insect i think will more survive

I wonder if it will be like Planet of the Apes? It almost seems the creatures that dominate will have to have hands and minds.

I wonder if it will be like Planet of the Apes? It almost seems the creatures that dominate will have to have hands and minds.
old lady, the dinosaurs who reigned on this earth millions of years moved on 4 legs the T-Rex had little limb in front like troodon and they were not smart some paleontologist think the Troodon would have been more clever.

Troodon.jpg

Troodon - Wikipedia

Birds are already bipedal, and have shown diverging methods of use for their arms.

old lady, the dinosaurs who reigned on this earth millions of years moved on 4 legs the T-Rex had little limb in front like troodon and they were not smart some paleontologist think the Troodon would have been more clever.

Troodon.jpg

Troodon - Wikipedia

The Trump-oDon was even smarter than the Troodon! ;)

Computer chips supporting artificial intelligence and robotics can survive a wide range of temperatures and will be quite mature in a few hundred years. After the demise of biological life, silicon life will evolve through a Darwinian evolution of software upgrades. (It could happen.) (Maybe)

Computer chips supporting artificial intelligence and robotics can survive a wide range of temperatures and will be quite mature in a few hundred years. After the demise of biological life, silicon life will evolve through a Darwinian evolution of software upgrades. (It could happen.) (Maybe)

Yes, maybe but the cd's like for example they will resist for 100 years not more it is the plants that will take back their right. it's hard to imagine that everything will disappear one day even the earth. we are very small in the universe

A T.S. Elliot poem ends with,

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

It has the cadence of the children's song, "Here we go round the mulberry bush".

Giant asteroids or super volcanoes wiped out a huge percent of species over the millennia, but pre-man did survive.

Forum List

Back