When humans go extinct: How life will evolve after we’re gone ?

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Bonsoir, This was a program that i saw about the end of the world that would happen in December 21 2012. Good thing it did not happen and Ok it is in French but after a other episode show what it will be left after the human i don't have the episode. it show that everything disappear (a CD will take 100 years for a example) the plants ( nature) will take is right again.
The French episode

A link about life after the humans

When humans go extinct: How life will evolve after we’re gone

I think an avian species has the best shot at taking the top spot for intelligence, should humans die out. They're highly intelligent, and incredibly mobile.

If humans disappeared, there would be a growth spurt in the animal population, and it might get a bit dicey for a while with a couple of species going extinct, but then everything would settle down and return to normal.

As far as what species might replace us? Dunno...........but it would be interesting to see what they thought about archaeology after they dig a couple of relics from humans out of the dirt.

Think they would think we were as stupid as we think the dinosaurs were?

Earth will, because of humans negligence, become overheated and thus uninhabitable. About all that will exist will be some insects and at some point they may also die off.

Well, I think that you are wrong, and certainly hope that you are. Unfortunately, that is one possibility that has not been proven impossible. For sure, our descendants are going to see some hard times.

If humans disappeared, there would be a growth spurt in the animal population, and it might get a bit dicey for a while with a couple of species going extinct, but then everything would settle down and return to normal.

As far as what species might replace us? Dunno...........but it would be interesting to see what they thought about archaeology after they dig a couple of relics from humans out of the dirt.

Think they would think we were as stupid as we think the dinosaurs were?
The top predators on land are the grizzly, the wolf, and the mountain lion in America. These would likely also spread to Europe from Siberia, which is a lot like Canada and Alaska in that it is very pristine and has the same kind of top predators there.

Instead of mountain lions, Asia has tigers.

The top predators in the oceans are the orca and the sharks.

The top predators in the skies are the eagles, hawks, and owls.

In Africa the top predators are the elephants and lions. With Africa cut off by the Suez Canal which is now essentially a tidal river they would likely remain trapped on that continent however.

That's who would take over dominance if humans became extinct.

Earth will, because of humans negligence, become overheated and thus uninhabitable. About all that will exist will be some insects and at some point they may also die off.
I am a lot less worried about climate and more worried about nuclear war.

With N.Korea, China, Iran, and Russia now feeling their oats again, anything is possible.

And with DJ Trump in The White House there won't be any Nobel Peace Prizes given anytime soon.

There i found it the documentary and in English

We have a TV series on our cable channels about all this.

It is always fascinating for me to watch how the plants will take over everything.

Elephants and fires will then be the only thing that can control the plants.

I think an avian species has the best shot at taking the top spot for intelligence, should humans die out. They're highly intelligent, and incredibly mobile.
Crows are really smart. They say dogs have become really intelligent living along side us.

Dolphins I would think are the smartest creature on earth if we were gone.

There i found it the documentary and in English

We have a TV series on our cable channels about all this.

It is always fascinating for me to watch how the plants will take over everything.

Elephants and fires will then be the only thing that can control the plants.

I think it is call population zéro in France ?

Well, I think that you are wrong, and certainly hope that you are. Unfortunately, that is one possibility that has not been proven impossible. For sure, our descendants are going to see some hard times.
It is hard to imagine that human will not be living in this earth anymore in the future but it will happen like the earth will disappear leaving no trace of our existence

If you're luck, maybe National Geographic will re run their "Life After People" series. It starts out at a year after people are gone, and then goes from there in what various people and scientists think will happen.

Was a really good series.

The advanced technology of man could be the cause of its loss, man can no longer live without the technology of today it could be found in the black with a global breakdown.

The advanced technology of man could be the cause of its loss, man can no longer live without the technology of today it could be found in the black with a global breakdown.

You could be right. Take someone's smart phone away (if they have one), and they go into withdrawl.

And...........most of the stuff I learned how to do as a kid (hunt, fish, grow gardens, build stuff, etc.) not many people nowadays know how to do. And the sad thing is that I'm only 52.

You could be right. Take someone's smart phone away (if they have one), and they go into withdrawl.

And...........most of the stuff I learned how to do as a kid (hunt, fish, grow gardens, build stuff, etc.) not many people nowadays know how to do. And the sad thing is that I'm only 52.
I am not a smart phone fan, I do not use it ... Never but I see people hooked on it all day long.

I am not a smart phone fan, I do not use it ... Never but I see people hooked on it all day long.

I have a flip phone, because I don't really see the use of having a smart one, and I damn sure don't need the extra bills for data. I have a computer.

I also have my computer and a laptop I find more convenient than small gadgets that in addition with batteries that explode.
The sun may well be the possible cause of the loss of the human it ages and the earth warms more and more the global warming.

Forum List

Back