When freedom of speech crosses the line.

Ah good ole freedom of speech issues. Got to love them. We dont have freedom of speech in this nation. We never really have. We all know this, and accept it. ( see Fire in a crowded room or a public school and dress codes as evidence.

And yet what do we see on here and from the conservative media all the time? Personal responsibility and owning up to your words. Hell watch how they take the left to task over statements. See "you didn't build that" as the latest in the whine-fest world.

Yet here we have the opposite in cases. Here we see conservatives defending this mans right to make a "movie" and not have any blow back because of that.
Which on the face of it is interesting because its attacking Muslims. So you can see they pick and choose when they want to use this line of argument.

Had this been another group, maybe Christians you wouldn't see this. You would see the right defend their actions of outrage and protest. Which is rather transparent when you look at it. they are using this man to justify their hate for all things muslims. They are hiding behind freedom of speech because they agree with the video.

Freedom of speech is not the issue here at all. The man has the right to make whatever video he wants. You can't get outraged when everyone in the world doesn't fall in love with your piece of speech.

The man went and hit a hornets nest and instead of facing up to it, he hide.

Typical.

Once again, and for the umpteenth time today... the limits on our speech have to do with impeding the unalienable rights of our fellow citizens. We're not allowed to threaten people if our threats are deemed credible, we're not allowed to slander them in such a way as to imperil their livelihood, we're not allowed to use our words to cause imminent bodily harm. The thread running through those examples is that another citizen's natural rights are violated. The free exercise of one person's rights may not impede upon the like rights of another. That doesn't mean we don't have free speech. It simply means that our right to it doesn't outweigh the natural rights of others.

But we DO NOT have a right to never feel offended. And people who act on their offended feelings violently are DIRECTLY responsible for their own actions.

Ah good ole freedom of speech issues. Got to love them. We dont have freedom of speech in this nation. We never really have. We all know this, and accept it. ( see Fire in a crowded room or a public school and dress codes as evidence.

You were doing so well, then you started talking about irrelevant stuff. I know I have said this before, but you seem to have trouble with English, maybe I should use bad Latin. Ululantium ignis in frequentissimo theatro non est libera oratio.

And yet what do we see on here and from the conservative media all the time? Personal responsibility and owning up to your words. Hell watch how they take the left to task over statements. See "you didn't build that" as the latest in the whine-fest world.

Excuse me? What does this have to do with the 1st Amendment?

Oh, that's right, nothing.

Yet here we have the opposite in cases. Here we see conservatives defending this mans right to make a "movie" and not have any blow back because of that.

Huh?

Did he break a law? Are we supposed to make up rules as we go along and apply them ex post facto in order to keep you from being afraid?

Which on the face of it is interesting because its attacking Muslims. So you can see they pick and choose when they want to use this line of argument.

If we actually applied your logic we could demand that people who insult Christians be executed. Since I am pretty sure you oppose that as a way to avoid insulting Christians, your only possible point is that we should not insult Muslims because you are afraid of them.

My advice, buy a gun and stop being afraid, the world doesn't care.

Had this been another group, maybe Christians you wouldn't see this. You would see the right defend their actions of outrage and protest. Which is rather transparent when you look at it. they are using this man to justify their hate for all things muslims. They are hiding behind freedom of speech because they agree with the video.

I defend their right to protest as long as they do so peacefully. The minute they break the law they should be punished.

Understand?

Freedom of speech is not the issue here at all. The man has the right to make whatever video he wants. You can't get outraged when everyone in the world doesn't fall in love with your piece of speech.

You are making even less sense than usual, something I would have thought was impossible.

Typical.

That is because he is a criminal, a conman, and a liar. Kinda like you.

I wonder if Biden and many of Obama's campaign ads where this administration spikes the football bragging about killing OBL contributed to what's happening these past couple of days....

Didn't they say they weren't going to do that.
I guess Obama will do anything to win...

Oh and I'm referring to Bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive.

Well we have a few overseas who are no longer alive because if you say anything that pisses them off
they respond with a couple thousand crazy mother fuckers bent on killing in the name of God?

Pretty fucked up...

But Romney is the bad guy for making some comments.

That's the focus of the media and this administration...

Last edited:
Yeah, you know that the film maker killed those 4 Americans --- The terrorists were just the weapon he used to get it done!

Lefties are so dense.

Dense? Hardly....after all, it's us lefties that can see a correlation....you idiots can't seem to grasp that notion.

Strangely enough, I also see a correlation. I just understand that correlations are not indicative of anything at all in the real world.

Fuck them, and fuck you for cowering to them.

Karma is a bitch.....who you gonna blame when they kill someone you care about assbite?

Fuck you for being a hate filled asshole....and yes, Karma is a bitch....too bad the dickhead that made the movie wasn't in that embassy...of course, he's hiding somewhere...protecting his own vile ass.

IF....they kill someone I care about? I will pray for their soul....and pray for the soul of the killer. THAT is what Christians do.

Your half white President knew of the impending attack 48 hours before it happened.
HE killed those people.

You are an ignorant piece of shit that is able to live in a theoretical world because you live in a bubble.

I hate inferior people that do bad things to good people...and I don't much care for you either pissant.

Theoretical world? No....real world. Where your ignorant, hate filled agenda has consequences....in this case, deadly consequences.

I don't give a shit what you think of me.....coming from a bigoted asshole like you, that's a complement.

Typical.

That's what you call an excellent post. They defend the movie which is a clear attack on Muslim citizens of America and foriegn world....it's also an attack on Americans who are against bigotry and hate.

Plasmaball calls a post that makes him look like a bigot a good post.

Yeah, you know that the film maker killed those 4 Americans --- The terrorists were just the weapon he used to get it done!

Lefties are so dense.

Dense? Hardly....after all, it's us lefties that can see a correlation....you idiots can't seem to grasp that notion.

Strangely enough, I also see a correlation. I just understand that correlations are not indicative of anything at all in the real world.

of course not....unless it's something some "librul" did....especially the POTUS

Was that line crossed when:

A film maker made a film about the assassination of Bush? Liberals thought it was a classic and applauded it.

Films, such as "The Last Temptation of Christ" or "The DiVinci Code" came into theaters across the country? Remember the violence from Christians after them? No. Me either, because there wasn't any. No liberals came out to plead with people not to judge Christians or call it an abuse of freedom of speech. They were too busy enjoying the discomfort it caused many Christians, knowing there would be no retaliation from them.

Madonna mocking Christian values her entire career.

Are these things going to be condemned by the left because they are hateful toward a very large group of Americans? Hell, no.

No matter how cruel, if it supports the left's agenda, all is well and no one is called out for what they say or do. I think the far left radicals in this country have the same thin skin as the radical Muslims because they react violently when someone disagrees with them. Yet, when called up on their own vitriol, they roll their eyes and remind people they have a right to say what they want. Only when harsh criticisms are thrown at them do they insist on ceasing hateful rhetoric. It's always considered hateful when the other side does it, yet merely deserved criticism when they do it.

Of course, actions speak louder than words. Killing the idol of terrorists, bin laden and other operatives in the group, likely upsets radicals more than speech. We all approve of killing terrorists. We need to chill out about a movie because it's not really the reason for the latest murders and we all know it.

If the radical Muslims think a little youtube video is upsetiing, wait till they meet up with our military. Words are just words, but the SEALS will fuck you up.

Last edited:
Fuck you for being a hate filled asshole....and yes, Karma is a bitch....too bad the dickhead that made the movie wasn't in that embassy...of course, he's hiding somewhere...protecting his own vile ass.

IF....they kill someone I care about? I will pray for their soul....and pray for the soul of the killer. THAT is what Christians do.

Your half white President knew of the impending attack 48 hours before it happened.
HE killed those people.

You are an ignorant piece of shit that is able to live in a theoretical world because you live in a bubble.

I hate inferior people that do bad things to good people...and I don't much care for you either pissant.

Theoretical world? No....real world. Where your ignorant, hate filled agenda has consequences....in this case, deadly consequences.

I don't give a shit what you think of me.....coming from a bigoted asshole like you, that's a complement.

Your fear in no way affects my rights.

You're a sissy ass who wants to trade rights for a false sense of security.

Fuck the Quran and fuck you.

Pretty simple.

You were doing so well, then you started talking about irrelevant stuff. I know I have said this before, but you seem to have trouble with English, maybe I should use bad Latin. Ululantium ignis in frequentissimo theatro non est libera oratio.

Excuse me? What does this have to do with the 1st Amendment?

Oh, that's right, nothing.

Huh?

Did he break a law? Are we supposed to make up rules as we go along and apply them ex post facto in order to keep you from being afraid?

If we actually applied your logic we could demand that people who insult Christians be executed. Since I am pretty sure you oppose that as a way to avoid insulting Christians, your only possible point is that we should not insult Muslims because you are afraid of them.

My advice, buy a gun and stop being afraid, the world doesn't care.

I defend their right to protest as long as they do so peacefully. The minute they break the law they should be punished.

Understand?

You are making even less sense than usual, something I would have thought was impossible.

Typical.

That is because he is a criminal, a conman, and a liar. Kinda like you.

:clap2:

WHEN FREEDOM OF SPEECH CROSSES THE LINE.

When freedom of speech incites violence against a race, religion or one’s sexual orientation and causes death of innocent people it crosses the line and is no longer a matter of principle and the person or persons that miss-used their First Amendment Rights should be held accountable. The person that made this video knew what it would incite and is responsible for the death of the Ambassadors. And he is scum at the bottom of the cesspool. Punk ass little bitch hiding behind the Constitution is not how the framers of the Constitution meant it to be used. The scum is probably sitting under his little rock enjoying his 15 minutes untouched fully aware of what he has accomplished. And the federal and state laws protects the LPAB.

I personal know how it feels to have someones freedom of speech lashed out on ones race and religion.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”― Maya Angelou

You still don't tell people how to talk. That's control. That's abuse. Yeah it's also abusive to say mean things but you know what? This is America, there is no such thing as misuse of free speech; it is what it is. God never said to be Politically correct, that is a DAMN man's speculation of what a world should be like. pffhhtttt!:mad:

1st amendment is what it is and don't be surprised if you find severe repercussions if anyone tries to take that right away.

Well at least the Muslims don't have their mohammad plastered on football helmets....or any other race, oh yeah except the American Indian. Redskin is very offensive it was where whites skinned the "people" alive and their blood soaked skins were laid out to dry in the sun. Funny, no outrage over that. But I bet if it were Muzzie related all Hell break loose. That's b/c Muslims never were taught how to be civilized and religious. Anyway:
yeah i bet ya never heard that story . But you know this sheet is going to go on forever.

Maybe their should be a washington Mohammads I mean after all they are the pick of the DC litter ;o)

When freedom of speech incites violence against a race, religion or one’s sexual orientation and causes death of innocent people it crosses the line and is no longer a matter of principle and the person or persons that miss-used their First Amendment Rights should be held accountable. The person that made this video knew what it would incite and is responsible for the death of the Ambassadors. And he is scum at the bottom of the cesspool. Punk ass little bitch hiding behind the Constitution is not how the framers of the Constitution meant it to be used. The scum is probably sitting under his little rock enjoying his 15 minutes untouched fully aware of what he has accomplished. And the federal and state laws protects the LPAB.

I personal know how it feels to have someones freedom of speech lashed out on ones race and religion.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”― Maya Angelou

You still don't tell people how to talk. That's control. That's abuse. Yeah it's also abusive to say mean things but you know what? This is America, there is no such thing as misuse of free speech; it is what it is. God never said to be Politically correct, that is a DAMN man's speculation of what a world should be like. pffhhtttt!:mad:

1st amendment is what it is and don't be surprised if you find severe repercussions if anyone tries to take that right away.

Well at least the Muslims don't have their mohammad plastered on football helmets....or any other race, oh yeah except the American Indian. Redskin is very offensive it was where whites skinned the "people" alive and their blood soaked skins were laid out to dry in the sun. Funny, no outrage over that. But I bet if it were Muzzie related all Hell break loose. That's b/c Muslims never were taught how to be civilized and religious. Anyway:
yeah i bet ya never heard that story . But you know this sheet is going to go on forever.

Maybe their should be a washington Mohammads I mean after all they are the pick of the DC litter ;o)

Go ahead and attack the white man cochise.

A film maker made a film about the assassination of Bush? Liberals thought it was a classic and applauded it.

Films, such as "The Last Temptation of Christ" or "The DiVinci Code" came into theaters across the country? Remember the violence from Christians after them? No. Me either, because there wasn't any. No liberals came out to plead with people not to judge Christians or call it an abuse of freedom of speech. They were too busy enjoying the discomfort it caused many Christians, knowing there would be no retaliation from them.

Are these things going to be condemned by the left because they are hateful toward a very large group of Americans? Hell, no.

No matter how cruel, if it supports the left's agenda, all is well and no one is called out for what they say or do. I think the far left radicals in this country have the same thin skin as the radical Muslims because they react violently when someone disagrees with them. Yet, when called up on their own vitriol, they roll their eyes and remind people they have a right to say what they want. Only when harsh criticisms are thrown at them do they insist on ceasing hateful rhetoric. It's always considered hateful when the other side does it, yet merely deserved criticism when they do it.

Of course, actions speak louder than words. Killing the idol of terrorists, bin laden and other operatives in the group should be considered far worse than speech.

If the radical Muslims think a little youtube video is upsetiing, wait till they meet up with our military. Words are just words, but the SEALS will fuck you up.

Who applauded that film? Not fucking me or anyone I know....in fact, I never even HEARD of the film before Conservatives started to bawl about it. Besides....here in America, we have a stable, prosperous society...we are well educated and can disseminate information pretty well. We can handle shit like that...look at the Obama bashing film 2016....no one gives a shit.

Over there...it's a different story...those people are dirt poor, uneducated, fundamentalist in their religion, and fed conspiracy theories by extremists about how the rest of the world wants to destroy their religion.

But you don't know any of that, because it's simpler to hate than to learn.

Typical.

Once again, and for the umpteenth time today... the limits on our speech have to do with impeding the unalienable rights of our fellow citizens. We're not allowed to threaten people if our threats are deemed credible, we're not allowed to slander them in such a way as to imperil their livelihood, we're not allowed to use our words to cause imminent bodily harm. The thread running through those examples is that another citizen's natural rights are violated. The free exercise of one person's rights may not impede upon the like rights of another. That doesn't mean we don't have free speech. It simply means that our right to it doesn't outweigh the natural rights of others.

But we DO NOT have a right to never feel offended. And people who act on their offended feelings violently are DIRECTLY responsible for their own actions.

I don't disagree nor was I stating otherwise. What I was saying is you have the right to call me an asshole, and while I may not have the right. The end consequence is you being punched in the face a few times.

More to the point the director as well is. Directly responsible for the content of what he puts out and is to blame.

Or does he not get any of the blame at all? If that's the case micheal moore is quite innocent.

Careful you are running into hypocrite territory...

You guys are morons - so, to dumb it down for you --- if a girl in a miniskirt gets raped, is it her fault?

Look - bad people do bad things - terrorists are bad people - taking it further than that is basing arguments on conjecture and holds no weight. In fact you guys do things so BACKWARDS that you are taking an end result and attempting to draw conculsions back to the origin bases on your personal desires. It's unclean...

typical lefty behavior.

None of us praised the terororists who committed a crime in Libya. And 4 members of the plot were arrested by Libyan police and they are being interrogated. We all condemn the killings and may they RIP

But, the video isn't simpy a freedom of speech case where Rightwingers try to justify that hateful video as freedom of speech. There isn't freedom of speech like you think. It doesn't allow threats or attacks against Muslim American citizens or anybody of any faith

Stop excusing his pitiful behavior and disgusting attack on Muslims. Since when was something like that accepted? This hate campaign against Muslims is going too far.

Your entire post is ridiculous. Looks like you have the development of a 12 y/o.

Nobody said you praised terrorists...
the video IS SIMPLY FREEDOM OF SPEECH. PERIOD!!!
There is freedom of spech like I think. EXACTLY LIKE I THINK.
There are nothreats or attacks on muslims in the film... NONE!!!
You obviously haven't seen the film - or you weren;t able to understand it...
His pitiful behavior is protected by the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITES STATES of AMERICA!!!

DEAL WITH IT!!!

The hate campaign is against AMERICANS, ISRAELI's, and ALL PEOPLE OF THE WEST. Nobody here hates muslims that I'm aware of --- I DO HATE THE BEHAVIOR OF RADICAL MUSLIMS AND TERRORISTS --

Oh, and the behaviors of liberals -- they are frequently worse than radical muslims as they are too stupid to see the effects to their cause...

think about it!

Typical.

I don't disagree nor was I stating otherwise. What I was saying is you have the right to call me an asshole, and while I may not have the right. The end consequence is you being punched in the face a few times.

More to the point the director as well is. Directly responsible for the content of what he puts out and is to blame.

Or does he not get any of the blame at all? If that's the case micheal moore is quite innocent.

Again, 'blame for content' is not being rejected or defended by anyone.

What is being defended is our right to speech and privacy, and you simply cannot permit yourself to stop melding the two unrelated issues.

Typical.

If I call you an asshole and you punch me in the face, I have not violated your rights, but you have violated mine because you've caused actual harm. The only guy getting charged with a crime is you.

Of course the moron who put this tasteless movie together has earned criticism. He doesn't have the right to never be offended either. But that doesn't excuse violence done to him or because of him. In that, he is blameless. The blame for violence rests singularly on the shoulders of those who perpetrated it. It is this which makes society civilized.

Michael Moore is an idiot, with less charm and appeal than a toad, but he has an absolute right to say what he wants without fear of reprisal so long as his speech doesn't impede any other individual citizen's like rights. And if it does, that's a matter of LAW, not of the mob.

First Amendment jurisprudence does provide clear boundaries as to where free expression rights begin and where it is appropriate for the state to preempt or restrict those rights.

The film is clearly protected speech.

However hateful or ignorant, there is no evidence the film’s intent was to incite imminent lawlessness. See: Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969), R. A. V. v. City of St. Paul, Minnesota (1992).

Condemning something in the strongest language possible is not infringing on free speech.

Correct. There was no legislation proposed to ban the film. No policy instituted to restrict the distribution or viewing of the film or to preempt or restrict the filmmaker from making the film, talking about it, or promoting it. Elected representatives and other government officials are at liberty to condemn or state an opinion as to given free expression. Such statements do not constitute an infringement on free expression.

Again, 'blame for content' is not being rejected or defended by anyone.

What is being defended is our right to speech and privacy, and you simply cannot permit yourself to stop melding the two unrelated issues.

he has the right to speech, nobody is saying otherwise. As for Privacy? Thats a load of shit. He was posting on youtube, thats not being private. Thats wanting your message out there.

try again

Of course, actions speak louder than words. Killing the idol of terrorists, bin laden and other operatives in the group should be considered far worse than speech.

Who applauded that film? Not fucking me or anyone I know....in fact, I never even HEARD of the film before Conservatives started to bawl about it. Besides....here in America, we have a stable, prosperous society...we are well educated and can disseminate information pretty well. We can handle shit like that...look at the Obama bashing film 2016....no one gives a shit.

Over there...it's a different story...those people are dirt poor, uneducated, fundamentalist in their religion, and fed conspiracy theories by extremists about how the rest of the world wants to destroy their religion.

But you don't know any of that, because it's simpler to hate than to learn.

If these people are dirt poor, how did they know about the video? How did poor people get hold of computers? Or did the government merely use the youtube video to rile up some people before they sent them on a mission? I suspect this was planned for some time to take place on Sept. 11 and the video was just a handy training tool to raise the ire of the terrorists.

They are capable of murder and if they are so far gone that they will kill on command and be proud of themselves for it, there isn't any turning them around. We are all educated on how screwed up some people are, but with no means to change things, we can only do the next best thing, which is to defend ourselves from these attacks and not allow radicals to make people afraid to speak their mind. We can send a message to their leaders and let them know we won't tolerate it. It isn't enough to arrest the murderers, we need to stop aid to the countries who are functioning as terrorist training camps.

They didn't go after the guy who made the video. They are going after all of us and I don't exuse the radicals for being so full of hate. Don't tell me they don't know what they are doing when they constantly want war on Israel and death to infidels. They've made no secret that they wish to rule the world. This isn't just the poor people talking, it's the wealthy leaders calling the shots and leading the people. They are what they are and they are full of hatred and they have money behind them and they are willing to give their lives to kill infidels. I'm not pretending it's not sad that people are destined to become radicals from birth, but we can't change a damn thing and sympathy for their plight will just result in more Americans being killed over their bullshit view of the world.

So, feel sorry for them and apologize to them if you wish. That still won't change anything. Extremists are doomed to spend the rest of their lives hating and actively trying to kill those different from them. I am just saying we don't need to get all politically correct when it won't stop them and may embolden them.

The peaceful Muslims should understand and forgive those who insult them, just as other religions have done time and time again.

As for the radicals, the only message should be stop targeting us or we will target you. And we are a hell of a lot better when it comes to hitting the target.

Forum List

Back