When Does Your Brain Fully Mature?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Wanna make a guess? Tradition says that the Age of Reason is 12, when we are supposedly able to tell right from wrong. So, what do the scientists say?

Twenty-five!

bi-graphicsbrain%20peaks%20at%20evertyhing%202.png

And then there comes this one:

The ages you're the smartest at everything throughout your life @ The ages you're the smartest at everything throughout your life

Wanna make a guess? Tradition says that the Age of Reason is 12, when we are supposedly able to tell right from wrong. So, what do the scientists say?

Twenty-five!

bi-graphicsbrain%20peaks%20at%20evertyhing%202.png

And then there comes this one:

The ages you're the smartest at everything throughout your life @ The ages you're the smartest at everything throughout your life

I think it depends, I probably hit my mental peak in my early thirties, though my judgement and ability to see through dishonesty and deception has improved significantly. I am a sponge for information, I read constantly, it's as if my brain needs constant stimuli.

Quite interesting though to see this information. Keep the brain active and you can remain young at heart regardless of age. Never too old to keep learning, give your brain and body a reason to stay alert, active and alive!

When you accept a paticular political view and accept "Conscience of a Conservative" as the one of the text in the Gospels.

i think its funny , i always heard that i was a young man at 12 or so , could have a gun whenever my parent gave me one and could drive at 12 and get a license at 16 after passing a test and then vote and drink beer at 21 . Nowaday these snowflakes can vote at 18 and the push is to go to 16 yet many still live in the parents basement and are on DADS insurance till 26 . ------------ i have heard the push for recognizing a fully developed brain at 25 and i think its hilarious LKnife . ---------- just some comments

>>When Does Your Brain Fully Mature?

When you stop watching CNN and switch to watching CSpan

I'm going to say around 23.

Certain factors can inhibit full maturity.

Getting pregnant and doing drugs are 2 of them. Just something I've observed. :dunno:

I don't think that anyone with a functioning brain has ever lived long enough that their brain has learned all that it can. While dementia is a problem for some, I have known people in their 90's that were still learning new things, and enjoying life. As long as you are still absorbing information and have the ability to make judgements on that new information, you have not yet reached your maximum maturity.

I assumed it happens at different ages for different people. A genetic throw of the dice.

"When Does Your Brain Fully Mature?"

Well, that depends.

For trump supporters it will never happen.

Forum List

Back