When does Political Information become partisan?

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
I am a Conservative, Plain and simple

But when I link accurate info about the defict, Hans Bix speech in 03, The real reson the UE rate is dropping, I quickly becomes to some personal

Why is that?

Will we ever get to a point in which country comes first?

When will the liberal just admit that BHO has failed, or simply agree with his policies?

Partisan politics is the way it is suppose to be. My beliefs are not the same Pelosis are, I have no reason to hide that

Ok Jake, make it personal

But when I link accurate info about the defict, Hans Bix speech in 03, The real reson the UE rate is dropping, I quickly becomes to some personal

Why is that?

When will the liberal just admit that BHO has failed, or simply agree with his policies?

Partisan politics is the way it is suppose to be. My beliefs are not the same Pelosis are, I have no reason to hide that

Your post makes it clear that you - at your core are partisan. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. What I dislike is hyper-partisan and folks who call their own opinion "facts." Your post indicates that your definition of "facing facts" is for someone to agree with your opinion. It's a very common mindset and it is incorrect.

Why is that?

Your post makes it clear that you - at your core are partisan. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. What I dislike is hyper-partisan and folks who call their own opinion "facts." Your post indicates that your definition of "facing facts" is for someone to agree with your opinion. It's a very common mindset and it is incorrect.

Equally as dislikable are those who link to media spin and call that 'fact' too.

If you want “country to come first”, then you will have to put your hardlined partisan beliefs aside and start to embrace the idea of “working together” - something our country used to do, but no longer does very well.

The current President hasn’t been the best President by any means, but to simply say that “he has failed” I think is a very one-sided, “my way or the highway” approach; the very kind that produces and perpetuates the proliferation of Zombie partisan Robots that dominate and destroy American politics.

If you were actually sincere with your call to “country first”, you would be trying to encourage an environment where we put our differences aside and acknowledge that there are good ideas coming from both Liberals and Conservatives - which there are.

Last edited:

Why is that?

It is my opinion that Obama's best chance to be re-elcted lays with the main stream media

Your thread has some very good points, but the only time you will find one of my threads stating an item to be factual is when I have something to support that fact

If you vote Obama or Mitt chances are you are doing it for no reason other than being partisan.

If Mitt wins it will solidify that the Republican party is in fact now "the other liberal party." I think that is worse than Obama having a second term. Could the GOP have picked a more liberal Republican? Clinton was more conservative than Mitt.

Why is that?

Equally as dislikable are those who link to media spin and call that 'fact' too.

Do you mean Romney's spin on media coverage and other posters calling that fact?

or what are you reffering to?

Why is that?

i DONT NEED SOMEONE ELSES OPINION TO KNOW OUR CURRENT POTUS IS A HACK AND CRIMINAL.

YouR attempt at the high road is laughable.

Why is that?

It is my opinion that Obama's best chance to be re-elcted lays with the main stream media

Your thread has some very good points, but the only time you will find one of my threads stating an item to be factual is when I have something to support that fact

Please note your incompatable statements - bolded. Holding a strong opinion doesn't turn that opinion into fact. I agree with your opinion partially in that I believe Obama has failed on some issues, but saying he IS a failure - is just opinion and I don't agree that he has been nothing but a failure.

Why is that?

i DONT NEED SOMEONE ELSES OPINION TO KNOW OUR CURRENT POTUS IS A HACK AND CRIMINAL.

YouR attempt at the high road is laughable.

I'm not attempting anything - if you think my post puts me on "the high road" then it is your right to hold that opinion. I can find many posters who would disagree with you on that. But thanks - I like where I am.

And as far as I know JRK you are very partisan. Not as bad as most I should add, just you don't like Obama yet you will (from what i understand) vote Mitt... Why? Because Mitt is R, despite having near the same record.

Last edited:

If you want “country to come first”, then you will have to put your hardlined partisan beliefs aside and start to embrace the idea of “working together” - something our country used to do, but no longer does very well.

The current President hasn’t been the best President by any means, but to simply say that “he has failed” I think is a very one-sided, “my way or the highway” approach; the very kind that produces and perpetuates the proliferation of Zombie partisan Robots that dominate and destroy American politics.

If you were actually sincere with your call to “country first”, you would be trying to encourage an environment where we put our differences aside and acknowledge that there are good ideas coming from both Liberals and Conservatives - which there are.

It's sad to see how many have willingly traded statemanship and good government for hyper-partisanship.

Thank you for posting - after reading so much hyper-partisan hyperbole on these boards, it is truly refreshing to read your post.

Please note your incompatable statements - bolded. Holding a strong opinion doesn't turn that opinion into fact. I agree with your opinion partially in that I believe Obama has failed on some issues, but saying he IS a failure - is just opinion and I don't agree that he has been nothing but a failure.

I agree. I think the real problem with politics is not a single man or party but rather this culture of over-generalization. We continually get more stupid every day with phrases like: "You don't agree with abortions? Well then you must hate women's rights then!", or "You don't like the concept of welfare? Well that must mean that you hate all poor people then!".

Come on people, can't we do better than this?

We've gotten to a point where if a Conservative finds out someone else is a Liberal (or vise versa), they will disagree with everything that person says - automatically.

Again, we're becoming a culture of mindless partisan Robot Zombies.

Last edited:

Why is that?

It is a fact that there is extreme media bias
It maybe that there is a 1/4 truth in the head-line, but CBS tried to sway the election in 04 with the story on GWB time in the NG

ABC/Post just came out with a poll showing BHO up 51-44
Gallup had one yesterday that was allmost an exact oppisite

How many stories where the on the trevor matrin saga that turned out to be media fabrications?
These are all very serious events that we as a public deserve better

Eight outrageous media falsehoods in the Trayvon Martin shooting - Charleston Charleston Conservative | Examiner.com
CBS Lies. Will Dan Rather Get Away With It This Time?
The poll you can google. The issue with the poll was the # of undecided

If you vote Obama or Mitt chances are you are doing it for no reason other than being partisan.

If Mitt wins it will solidify that the Republican party is in fact now "the other liberal party." I think that is worse than Obama having a second term. Could the GOP have picked a more liberal Republican? Clinton was more conservative than Mitt.

I am afraid your right about Romney, but we got to start some where
GWB was as liberal as BC also except for tax policy
We can only hope Romeny turns out to be the same
07 budget
add inflation
make sure the UE benefits are secure until we get REAL job growth
It really is that simple

Look this job thing is serious. Maybe a change will make a real change in that mess

Why is that?

(1) you post only part of the material

(2) you take the material out of context

Such behavior is partisan.

Good afternoon, JRK.

Last edited:

It is a fact that there is extreme media bias
It maybe that there is a 1/4 truth in the head-line, but CBS tried to sway the election in 04 with the story on GWB time in the NG

ABC/Post just came out with a poll showing BHO up 51-44
Gallup had one yesterday that was allmost an exact oppisite

How many stories where the on the trevor matrin saga that turned out to be media fabrications?
These are all very serious events that we as a public deserve better

Eight outrageous media falsehoods in the Trayvon Martin shooting - Charleston Charleston Conservative | Examiner.com
CBS Lies. Will Dan Rather Get Away With It This Time?
The poll you can google. The issue with the poll was the # of undecided

There have been lots of media errors skewing information to the left and to the right. So what? What has that got to do with your confusing facts with opinions? Perhaps part of the problem is that when someone states an opinion that you agree with, you label it as a fact.
Does it bother you when a Fox reporter is caught in an open mike gaffe overestimating a Tea Party crowd? Does it bother you when a Rassmussen poll is way out of kilter with other polls?

Last edited:

It's sad to see how many have willingly traded statemanship and good government for hyper-partisanship.

Thank you for posting - after reading so much hyper-partisan hyperbole on these boards, it is truly refreshing to read your post.

Now this is my opinion, But I think GWB was a middle of the road conservative

Many people have forgot no child left behind
Mediicare refom
Sarbanes Oaxly
Tarp

These were all Bi partisan legeslation, Tarp saved the day (at least the 1/2 GWB used)
And excpet for national defense post 9-11, GWB rarley used the bully pulpit

Again my opinion, but BHO is the most partisan President ever
Could you imagine GWB getting involved in the Trevor martin case?
Talking about the GOP budget harming the poor and old?

But Obama i

Forum List

Back