When does Political Information become partisan?

I hate this, but you cannot give a better example of media bias
You have been told rasmussen is, well It was the most accurate poll in the 2008 election (with pew)
The List: Which presidential polls were most accurate? | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog
there 2010 performance was not as good, but was very close

As far as the tea party gaff, well lets hope that is the worse that fox does
No elections are going to be influenced by that, the CBS event in 04 was horrific

Rassmussen polls were found to be among the most biased:
Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com
Again, it reflects that you accept "news" that reflects your bias.
As for Fox - their bias and slant - well if you want to repeat an illuminating experiment I conducted do this
Count how many stories they present giving the opinion of someone from the right without any balancing opinion from the left. Then count how many stories they do giving the opinion of someone on the left without any balancing opinion from the right.

Poor crime coverage doesn't affect elections. Skewing polls, slanting "news" stories, lying about support levels and rally attendance can effect elections.

Your bias is on the right and that's perfectly fine - but when you confuse opinion with fact, when you refuse to even consider an opinion that differs from your own (aided by a "news" source that will cater to your bias) then you have no hope of learning, growing, or casting a truly informed vote.
The summabatch posted a damn BLOG as a source of fact.

This thread was a joke from the start, started by one of the biggest jokes on the board.

*SMH*

SOB
SOB
SOB

Joke?

Speaking of a joke.
To attack your fellow American as you have attacked me for no other reason than we dis agree is pure racial motivated, bigoted, hate
You need help with that
I will pray for you
I have 14 people who are racist and bigots who are filled with hate on my ignore list
that was strike 2 for you. usually that would be strike 3, but that's the first time you have acted with such hate towards me

Now as far as my link, it provides far more accurate information than ABC, CBS, NBC
My facts are just that
There is not one ounce of effort with-in your hate to dispute those facts
Your links to back up your racial, bigot, hate filled rant are hard to find in the middle of your hate
One more racially motivated hate filled bigoted peep from you, and goodbye and good luck

I am a Conservative, Plain and simple

But when I link accurate info about the defict, Hans Bix speech in 03, The real reson the UE rate is dropping, I quickly becomes to some personal

Why is that?

Will we ever get to a point in which country comes first?

When will the liberal just admit that BHO has failed, or simply agree with his policies?

Partisan politics is the way it is suppose to be. My beliefs are not the same Pelosis are, I have no reason to hide that

Ok Jake, make it personal

What policies have failed?

Rassmussen polls were found to be among the most biased:
Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com
Again, it reflects that you accept "news" that reflects your bias.
As for Fox - their bias and slant - well if you want to repeat an illuminating experiment I conducted do this
Count how many stories they present giving the opinion of someone from the right without any balancing opinion from the left. Then count how many stories they do giving the opinion of someone on the left without any balancing opinion from the right.

Poor crime coverage doesn't affect elections. Skewing polls, slanting "news" stories, lying about support levels and rally attendance can effect elections.

Your bias is on the right and that's perfectly fine - but when you confuse opinion with fact, when you refuse to even consider an opinion that differs from your own (aided by a "news" source that will cater to your bias) then you have no hope of learning, growing, or casting a truly informed vote.

This thread was a joke from the start, started by one of the biggest jokes on the board.

*SMH*

SOB
SOB
SOB

Joke?

Speaking of a joke.
To attack your fellow American as you have attacked me for no other reason than we dis agree is pure racial motivated, bigoted, hate
You need help with that
I will pray for you
I have 14 people who are racist and bigots who are filled with hate on my ignore list
that was strike 2 for you. usually that would be strike 3, but that's the first time you have acted with such hate towards me

Now as far as my link, it provides far more accurate information than ABC, CBS, NBC
My facts are just that
Your links to back up your racial, bigot, hate filled rant are hard to find in the middle of your hate
One more racially motivated hate filled bigoted peep from you, and goodbye and good luck

:wtf:

But when I link accurate info about the defict, Hans Bix speech in 03, The real reson the UE rate is dropping, I quickly becomes to some personal

Why is that?

Likely the same reason as when I link accurate information that illegal aliens are entitled to due process, that Obama is a natural born citizen, or the Constitution authorizes Congress to regulate public accommodations of private businesses.
When will the liberal just admit that BHO has failed…

He won’t, and shouldn’t; such a determination can’t be made before the end of the president’s first term, to do so is idiocy. For instance, historians are just now making an accurate assessment of the Reagan years. There must also be consensus as to what criteria will be used to evaluate a given administration’s success or failure, or even if such a determination is relevant.

Partisan politics is the way it is suppose to be. My beliefs are not the same Pelosis are, I have no reason to hide that.

Opposition to Obama, therefore, is indeed partisan politics, devoid of fact or reason.

RR won 49 out of 50 states in 84
BHO will be lucky to win 25 in NOV in my opinion as well as Gallup

You and Pelosi having the same beliefs? your the first liberal who has ever admitted that to me

Fact: in 2007 we had a 163 billion dollar deficit spending 2.7 billion
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7NyRBQ&usg=AFQjCNE29uEotmNcczk4G6klOWtNpgjlEA
Fact: in 2011 we had a 1.5 trillion deficit spending 3.4 trillion
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...j-XxBA&usg=AFQjCNHlAVJebWqm5gRfaEvpflEO3d-yYQ

Fact: still close to 6 million jobs short of 08 levels
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt
click on link to get 2011 numbers
2006...... 136,086 114,113 22,531 684 7,691 14,155
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524

Now you can claim history has 25 years before we know how this is going
but let me add that this is 4/19/2012, these facts are not going to change

*SMH*

SOB
SOB
SOB

Joke?

Speaking of a joke.
You need help with that
I will pray for you

My facts are just that

People who have nothing to offer but insults have no place in my life
where I am from the "som of a bitch" is taken serious, it is the insult of insults
That's the way it is
Any-way
good morning

SOB
SOB
SOB

Joke?

Speaking of a joke.
You need help with that
I will pray for you

My facts are just that

where I am from the "som of a bitch" is taken serious, it is the insult of insults
That's the way it is
Any-way
good morning

"som of a bitch" makes him a racist....... Ooooookay..........

Why is that?

When will the liberal just admit that BHO has failed, or simply agree with his policies?

Partisan politics is the way it is suppose to be. My beliefs are not the same Pelosis are, I have no reason to hide that

What policies have failed?

The Stimulus. It was to only add 700 billion to our base line budget

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

2003...... 129,999 108,416 21,816 572 6,735 14,509
2004...... 131,435 109,814 21,882 591 6,976 14,315
2005...... 133,703 111,899 22,190 628 7,336 14,227
2006...... 136,086 114,113 22,530 684 7,691 14,155
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,335 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,558 694 6,016 11,847
2010...... 129,874 107,384 17,751 705 5,518 11,528
2011...... 131,359 109,254 18,021 784 5,504 11,733

Energy policy
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...poWWBQ&usg=AFQjCNG7GzVTG7rmn-W5aUtK9Ziug5diwg

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ybmBBQ&usg=AFQjCNE29uEotmNcczk4G6klOWtNpgjlEA
the last GOP budget, from 07

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9c2XBQ&usg=AFQjCNHlAVJebWqm5gRfaEvpflEO3d-yYQ
2011 numbers

Those 3 things are a complete failure

Why is that?

Remember Sarah Palin???

When the media praises an individual and then degrades another.....

When the media neglects to report insane shit a president does and makes extravagant news out out of minor problems out of a pickle their opposition is involved in....

You may as well ask how biased our media is...

90% of "journalists" belong in prison....

Oh yea, 95% of progressives cant tell the difference between op-ed and fact...

JRK and Nick are as bad as Olbermann and O'Donnell of the left.

None of these folks need to be taken seriously.

Why is that?

Remember Sarah Palin???

When the media praises an individual and then degrades another.....

When the media neglects to report insane shit a president does and makes extravagant news out out of minor problems out of a pickle their opposition is involved in....

You may as well ask how biased our media is...

90% of "journalists" belong in prison....

Oh yea, 95% of progressives cant tell the difference between op-ed and fact...

That is a fact there
Man the shit they did to Pain as well as W was nuts
I could never go back and support the dem party just for that reason (used to be a blue dog Democrat)
The UN stated Jan 27 2003 that Saddam had 6000 munitions un accounted for. At no time after we invaded was that speech ever brought up as far as I know (Hans Blix)

They destroyed Palin, damn what a mess

JRK, as has been posted here repeatedly, is taking Blix's speech out of context again.

If the WMDs as described by the Bushies prior to the invasion had been found, all of God's universe would have been informed with Bush at the microphone.

Things like this make it fun to toy with JRK.

Obama-chases-Bo-with-Utensils-e1334798130104.png

Did I see an article about BHO eating a dog when he was young?
I goggled it an could not stop laughing

That's the way it is
Any-way
good morning

"som of a bitch" makes him a racist....... Ooooookay..........

Like I said where I come from it is the ultimate insult
Something motivated it
Ooooooookay

(Nod and smile...... ) :rolleyes:

The problem with partisanship is that, at its core, it's fundamentally intellectually dishonest. When one engages in spin, hyperbole, diversion, distortion and denial, they're lying, at least in my book.

The issues this country faces are so broad and so deep that they will require honesty and cooperation. And as long as the partisan games are played by both ends of the political spectrum, we will not see long-lasting improvement. Instead, we'll continue to see wild swings at the ballot box as the general public demonstrates is clear disapproval of the bullshit constantly deployed by both "sides".

I know, I know. It's all the fault of the "other side", I can hear it coming already. And there's your problem. There appear to be no mirrors in the homes of partisans, none of them appear to be capable of or willing to gaze into one. Neither "side" is blameless. All one hears from both sides is bluster and ego. Don't give an inch, you might "lose".

That's the core of at least 50% of the droning, tedious posts I make you folks suffer through. It's my little, feeble, one-man crusade online and in the real world. Until the liars are marginalized, nothing of substance is accomplished.

Last edited:
JRK - hope you had a good evening and I hope you had a chance to look more closely at the link you posted claiming Rassmussen as the most accurate. I hope you realized that the study conducted by the Fordham political science teacher that reached this conclusin was based on vote ESTIMATES and not actual vote counts and that the actual vote counts were significantly different than his estimates rendering his study completely wrong.

It you are able to acknowledge that then I can accept that you are an honest partisan and not a dishonest hyper-partisan.

Dioshonest hyper-partisans can't admit it when they been proven wrong. They just try layer after layer of excuses, rationalizations, and more lies. Honest partisans can admit a mistake.

"how can that biased?"

A consistent +4% to the Republican - that's how.

Last edited:
JRK - hope you had a good evening and I hope you had a chance to look more closely at the link you posted claiming Rassmussen as the most accurate. I hope you realized that the study conducted by the Fordham political science teacher that reached this conclusin was based on vote ESTIMATES and not actual vote counts and that the actual vote counts were significantly different than his estimates rendering his study completely wrong.

It you are able to acknowledge that then I can accept that you are an honest partisan and not a dishonest hyper-partisan.

Dioshonest hyper-partisans can't admit it when they been proven wrong. They just try layer after layer of excuses, rationalizations, and more lies. Honest partisans can admit a mistake.

"how can that biased?"

A consistent +4% to the Republican - that's how.

I agree
That is why I went and Pulled up actual results
Out of the 60 plus races i looked into, Rasmussen got 3 wrong

Most of those races had a spread of 10 points

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0MD6BA&usg=AFQjCNGaJYOIWzRl5HBY5eN2_fX1sDk-yw

It does more to prove my point, The Times did not report the bottom line
they just made an article making it appear Rasmussen was partisan
The one the got way wrong was Reid s re-election
They got 2 gov races wrong
1 Dem
1 GOP
that is out of over 60 races
Like I said look at the spreads on most of those races
If they polled a guy was going to get 35 and he 41, does that matter? They called it very close to 100% in the Govt races as well as the Senate seats
Most of those spreads you will see came in those lopsided losses and victories, with a third party candidate in the mix (Rasmussen as I recall did not include those 3rd party in some polls)

And with the GOP picking up the number of seats in the house as they did, Rasmussen could not helped them there nor could they have got that many wrong (you can look into it, be my guest)

I got to the senate races and said you know to get 60+- out 63+- and some-one would called that partisan is spinning the truth

I knew when those results were not part of the article, I knew it was pure spin

Last edited:

Forum List

Back