Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 17-18

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 19-20

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 21+

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
It was a dark and stormy night...........
My car broke down and I sought shelter at a nearby farm. I knocked on the door and the farmer said.....Of course you can stay, but keep the hell away from my daughter.......

Being thoroughly soaked, I removed my clothes and settled into a nice warm bath. As my mind wandered with thoughts of sweet fields of clover on a summer day....I heard a light tapping on the door

When I was 10 my Uncle Fred came into my room one night and stuck a finger in my bum. Does that count? :dunno:

familypuke.gif~c200

My car broke down and I sought shelter at a nearby farm. I knocked on the door and the farmer said.....Of course you can stay, but keep the hell away from my daughter.......

Being thoroughly soaked, I removed my clothes and settled into a nice warm bath. As my mind wandered with thoughts of sweet fields of clover on a summer day....I heard a light tapping on the door

"Housekeeping! Are you checking out?"

Put it in writing to a publisher... someone may steal your material here....

I've always found the description of this experience as “losing one's virginity”, along with nearly all other euphemisms for the similar act, to be very far short of an appropriate description of the actual experience.

But however one chooses to describe it, for me, it happened a few hours after this picture was taken, on 13 April 1995. I was 32 years old, at the time, and she was 25. Earlier this year, we observed our twentieth anniversary.

Wedding.jpg

This is a relationship that has seemed miraculous in many ways.

We “met” on a FideNet forum. It helps to understand that back then, before the rise of the Internet, computer-based socializing was almost exclusively the realm of stereotypical, socially-awkward, desperately-lonely male nerds, of which I was probably one of the more extreme examples. If you understand this, then you can understand that it would create something of a stir if a user showed up in any such forum, identified as female, and expressed dissatisfaction with the dating/romantic prospects in her geographical area.

The first miracle was that in the feeding frenzy that ensued, it was I who succeeded at attracting this woman's attention, and convincing her to consider me as a romantic prospect. After several weeks of online and telephone conversation, she boarded a Greyhound bus to make the trip from Reedsport, Oregon, to Santa Barbara, California, to meet me in person. Four days later, we were engaged, and a year after that, we were married.

At about the time it was becoming clear the direction in which this relationship was headed, we were eating in a small Chinese restaurant across the street from the Mormon Temple in Los Angeles, and I got this out of a fortune cookie.

19940412_FortuneCookieFront.jpg

I wrote the date on the back of it, and had it laminated.

19940412_FortuneCookieBack.jpg

A year and a day later, we were married in the Mormon Temple, across the street from where we got this fortune cookie.

Each of us has an assortment of psychological/emotional issues with which the other seems ill-equipped to deal. Rationally, I'd have to say that someone like me, and someone like her, would not be likely to make a very good or very stable pairing. Yet, somehow, we've made it work. In the twenty years that we've been married, I've known other people, that I would have expected to be much more stable than either of us, who have been married and divorced repeatedly.

I've always found the description of this experience as “losing one's virginity”, along with nearly all other euphemisms for the similar act, to be very far short of an appropriate description of the actual experience.

But however one chooses to describe it, for me, it happened a few hours after this picture was taken, on 13 April 1995. I was 32 years old, at the time, and she was 25. Earlier this year, we observed our twentieth anniversary.

View attachment 48627

We “met” on a FideNet forum. It helps to understand that back then, before the rise of the Internet, computer-based socializing was almost exclusively the realm of stereotypical, socially-awkward, desperately-lonely male nerds, of which I was probably one of the more extreme examples. If you understand this, then you can understand that it would create something of a stir if a user showed up in any such forum, identified as female, and expressed dissatisfaction with the dating/romantic prospects in her geographical area.

The first miracle was that in the feeding frenzy that ensued, it was I who succeeded at attracting this woman's attention, and convincing her to consider me as a romantic prospect. After several weeks of online and telephone conversation, she boarded a Greyhound bus to make the trip from Reedsport, Oregon, to Santa Barbara, California, to meet me in person. Four days later, we were engaged, and a year after that, we were married.

At about the time it was becoming clear the direction in which this relationship was headed, we were eating in a small Chinese restaurant across the street from the Mormon Temple in Los Angeles, and I got this out of a fortune cookie.

View attachment 48628

View attachment 48629

A year and a day later, we were married in the Mormon Temple, across the street from where we got this fortune cookie.

Each of us has an assortment of psychological/emotional issues with which the other seems ill-equipped to deal. Rationally, I'd have to say that someone like me, and someone like her, would not be likely to make a very good or very stable pairing. Yet, somehow, we've made it work. In the twenty years that we've been married, I've known other people, that I would have expected to be much more stable than either of us, who have been married and divorced repeatedly.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

View attachment 48627

View attachment 48628

View attachment 48629

That's a very sweet story, Bob! :)

I left home just a week before
And I'd never ever kissed a woman before
But Lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said, "Dear boy, I'm gonna make you a man"

I was 13. I chose as my lover a 26 year old outlaw biker. You don't want to know the rest.

We were together for five years, through my two marriages, though technically I was still married when my lover and I had our relationship ended.

I was 13. I chose as my lover a 26 year old outlaw biker. You don't want to know the rest.

We were together for five years, through my two marriages, though technically I was still married when my lover and I had our relationship ended.
You got with a 26 year old at 13? Err..

Forum List

Back