Zone1 When are the fucking coward maudes going to own their "?" actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's about how far I got in algebra2.....it read like stereo instructions in Chinese after that.

Sucked for someone who got As in math until that point.

I didn't like math until I got to college. I had a really cool professor who was able to show the fun side to math.

That's about how far I got in algebra2.....it read like stereo instructions in Chinese after that.

Sucked for someone who got As in math until that point.
Our son was very good in Math, algebra was effortless for him, but he was just unable to think in calculus. And he wanted to be a mechanical engineer that requires some very heavy duty math. After flunking Calculus 1 twice, he finally took my counsel and got a tutor--I couldn't help him since I didn't take any more advanced math than Algebra 1--and his tutor did help him and something finally clicked in his brain so that he understood. He passed that time and sailed through Calculus II and III with no problem.

Moral of story: We shouldn't give up on ourselves just because we don't get it as fast as some others do. Everybody is really good at something, but none of us are really good at everything.

Our son was very good in Math, algebra was effortless for him, but he was just unable to think in calculus. And he wanted to be a mechanical engineer that requires some very heavy duty math. After flunking Calculus 1 twice, he finally took my counsel and got a tutor--I couldn't help him since I didn't take any more advanced math than Algebra 1--and his tutor did help him and something finally clicked in his brain so that he understood. He passed that time and sailed through Calculus II and III with no problem.

Moral of story: We shouldn't give up on ourselves just because we don't get it as fast as some others do. Everybody is really good at something, but none of us are really good at everything.
Suffice to say that there was no such a supportive environment in my case.

Nonetheless, my ability to understand fncceo 's equation was a tremendously satisfying experience.....By orders of magnitude larger considering that it was posted here.

Wait. Can we spit out a function for "?"

Placing that aside, I, for one, do not know if I should place a question mark inside or outside the quotation marks there given the circumstance, so I probably need some punctuation and grammar tutoring, too.

For now I'm leaving it out. lolol...

Last edited:
Or no, wait. A derivitave takes a function and gives you a new function. So is "?" the derivative?

Shit! :backpedal:

Amazing....

A thread calling out capricious maude wankery degenerates into a discussion about higher mathematics.

Can this be spun off into a thread of its own?..We all might actually learn something of value!

Where's my man westwall ?....Let's do math! :banana:
This place would be much better if you and westwall were still mods and coyote and flac weren't.

Amazing....

A thread calling out capricious maude wankery degenerates into a discussion about higher mathematics.

Can this be spun off into a thread of its own?..We all might actually learn something of value!

Where's my man westwall ?....Let's do math! :banana:
1666527941650.png

Oddball and I did the Maude thing the same years, way back when, and we did own up to our Maude actions....back then.

Shoot, I don't think I ever banned a poster, because I always PM'd them first as Warning.... We'd discuss the situation and why I was planning an action... and they usually agreed to back down! :D

Those were the good ole days, when we all with different politics, actually liked each other or respected each other's views.... some what! :)

Ok, enough Reminiscing!

I do wish there were a way for any Mod Action, to indicate the Mod, and to give their reason and rule that applies, to their Mod action.

How can one really learn the rules of this board well, without really knowing why the Mod Action took place? What you did to step over the line??

You don't spank your kid, or send them to their room, without telling your kid, what they did wrong... so they can, Learn from their mistakes!

The board can only get better, imo, if communication takes place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back