Wheel of Time S2 Trailer Dropped...

And the dumpster fire rages on.

Not sure what you mean by, 'Dumpster fire', but this series is pretty good...and most are anticipating the new season.

iu

What a streaming steaming pile of shit it is.
LOL...must be some RW dog whistle I'm missing? Is it, ***GASP***, woke?

I admit I didn't notice--not giving a shit about most of the culture war idiocy that informs some people's opinions.

Not a bad adaptation..given the constraints of the medium~

Not sure what you mean by, 'Dumpster fire', but this series is pretty good...and most are anticipating the new season.

iu

Not most of the people who've actually read the series. This "show" has virtually nothing in common with the books.

LOL...must be some RW dog whistle I'm missing? Is it, ***GASP***, woke?

I admit I didn't notice--not giving a shit about most of the culture war idiocy that informs some people's opinions.

Not a bad adaptation..given the constraints of the medium~
I didn't make it through the first episode.....I'm not much of a fan of female-centric fantasy series.

I didn't make it through the first episode.....I'm not much of a fan of female-centric fantasy series.
The real shame of this shows production; is that in the books, about half of the main characters are actually well written, strong characters. There was literally no reason to go full on "girl power". Jordan had already written it in. And the changes to the story in season one, make recovering the story impossible...

I love this book series.

The girlfriend and I, because we love this series, will not touch this garbage.
Good choice. This show is a cinematic pissing on, of Jordan's grave. I hope everyone involved in the writing, and casting gets cancer...

Not most of the people who've actually read the series. This "show" has virtually nothing in common with the books.
It holds the overarching theme of the series, but I agree that it follows the story, at best, loosely.

I am, however, looking forward to it.

Good choice. This show is a cinematic pissing on, of Jordan's grave. I hope everyone involved in the writing, and casting gets cancer...
It seems that most people who really hate the series are those who have read the books and those who just can't stand strong female leads.. That of course is not that uncommon.

I believe I saw session 1 or at least some of it but can't remember anything about. Anyway season 2 is here and Amazon has ordered a season 3 so somebody must like it.

Last edited:
I watched it because the wife likes that shit. Sometimes she gets her mitts on that remote and doesn't let go.
Cheesy factor was pretty high.
A solid Meh.

We never watched it specifically because it is Amazon Prime.
You have to be very careful watching anything produced by Amazon... they cancel seasons at whim, even if they were well done and popular.
We may watch it to see what it is if there is a Season 3 and it is also free.
Which is another thing Amazon is known for - making subsequent seasons pay-per-view.

We never watched it specifically because it is Amazon Prime.
You have to be very careful watching anything produced by Amazon... they cancel seasons at whim, even if they were well done and popular.
We may watch it to see what it is if there is a Season 3 and it is also free.
Which is another thing Amazon is known for - making subsequent seasons pay-per-view.
Amazon has had some good shows, but WofT isn't one of them. Even had they made it its own stand alone show without trying garner appeal from Jordans name, the show still sucks incredibly badly.
Upload was pretty good, but I haven't seen a new season, or know if there will be one.

Amazon has had some good shows, but WofT isn't one of them. Even had they made it its own stand alone show without trying garner appeal from Jordans name, the show still sucks incredibly badly.
Upload was pretty good, but I haven't seen a new season, or know if there will be one.
Night Sky was solid and popular. Well written and an interesting twist.
Amazon canceled it saying it did not garner enough viewers.
And this is the KEY to Amazon's problems. They want guaranteed hits. They have no staying power whatsoever. All kinds of popular shows - including super popular shows - were not popular until 2 or 3 seasons went by.

And this is the KEY to Amazon's problems. They want guaranteed hits. They have no staying power whatsoever. All kinds of popular shows - including super popular shows - were not popular until 2 or 3 seasons went by.
Well I don't see season 2, much less a season 3, righting this listing dumpster fire they're calling the Wheel of Time. They've already destroyed too many foundational aspects, and scenes that are critical for the whole thing to make sense. Their only choice is to stray ever further from the source material, which means it isn't Wheel of Time at all. They should either hire talented writers, and make original content, or just stick to the source material...

I really enjoyed Night Sky. It had a good story and fine acting. Sorry to see there will be no season 2. I guess It just didn't have the ingredients for success, blood sucking vampires, super heroes saving the world from a cast of CGI monsters.

I think you're right about Amazon. Keep in mind the purpose of Amazon streaming was to sell prime memberships which eliminated shipping cost of Amazon products. Instead of being just an incentive to buy prime memberships, they are trying to turn it into a cash cow, raising membership to a $139 a year, offering more video rentals and purchases, converting free subscription covered videos to rentals when they become popular, and selling subscriptions for other streaming services.

I prefer Netflix's business model which is a straight streaming service. Everything is included in the membership fee, no rentals or purchase. By 2024, 75% of their movies and TV series will be either Originals or Exclusives, available nowhere else.

Last edited:
Well I don't see season 2, much less a season 3, righting this listing dumpster fire they're calling the Wheel of Time. They've already destroyed too many foundational aspects, and scenes that are critical for the whole thing to make sense. Their only choice is to stray ever further from the source material, which means it isn't Wheel of Time at all. They should either hire talented writers, and make original content, or just stick to the source material...
I think you're being a bit prejudice in your review of the series by comparing it to the author's works. Rafe Judkins, the creator of the series is basing his work on the author's books. Typically, that means keeping some of the main characters, hitting on a few high points, keeping some of the story but adding his own narrative.

Apparently, you were hoping for an adaption in which the author's work is brought to screen as close as possible to the book(s). Real adaptions are rare because of time and cost. While Jordan spent years writing the series, Rafe Judkins probably spent only a few months developing the 1st season. The job of the developer is to develop a new narrative utilizing parts of the authors works where appropriate, and breaking the narrative into epoxides. The episodes then go to the scriptwriters and directors. However, the developer maintains overall control so that the episodes fit nicely into the narrative of the season.

After watching the first three episodes of season 1 , I believe it is going to be a series that will attract many viewers. Amazon would not have ordered a 2nd and 3rd season if that was not the case. Each season cost about 100 million. I do not believe it will close to the popularity of Game of Thrones or the Lord of the Rings, possibly something close to The Watcher.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back