CDZ What's Your Brexit Hedge?

Unfortunately at this stage it looks like the Remain camp will win....it will be a disaster for the UK which will remain being partially governed by the petty, dictatorial , left wing ,marxist ,One World Government bureaucrats and Ministers in the EU and EC.

The once mighty England, the greatest Empire in the world is now a mere shadow of itself.

Reading about the Labour Party in the Economist this morning; what a bunch of brown-shirts and bigots. No wonder London has a fascist for a Mayor now.

Unfortunately at this stage it looks like the Remain camp will win....it will be a disaster for the UK which will remain being partially governed by the petty, dictatorial , left wing ,marxist ,One World Government bureaucrats and Ministers in the EU and EC.

The once mighty England, the greatest Empire in the world is now a mere shadow of itself.
Thank God for that.

WOW!

Leave is winning by a small percent!

That's what the BBC says at least!

Fingers crossed.

the race is very close!!

Well, now for the consequences of actions

The pound has dropped massively and will probably drop further during the day. Good holidays for anyone who hasn't bought their Euros yet.

I would show a chart but can't access one right now, everything's going crazy.

Unemployment will rise, British products will be less competitive (though the irony right now is that British products are going to be really cheap and a holiday to Britain is a must for anyone from a foreign country).

Pound tumbles to lows not seen since 1985 - BBC News

"
Pound tumbles to lows not seen since 1985"

Well done Britain. Shot yourself well and truly in the foot.

About a week ago I took advantage of the polling and bought heavily into GBP. Up substantially already. I expect a change in a day or two but it won't make any further difference because I have already spent them at that rate on hotel bookings and railway tickets. Panic can be sooooo profitable!

Call that a "hedge"?

Hope for your sake you spent those pounds.

About a week ago I took advantage of the polling and bought heavily into GBP. Up substantially already. I expect a change in a day or two but it won't make any further difference because I have already spent them at that rate on hotel bookings and railway tickets. Panic can be sooooo profitable!

Call that a "hedge"?

It was a massive risk to buy pounds.

Thank you, but this is something I do several times each year so it's not new ground.

The actual cash will be spent in a couple of weeks, effectively discounting a lot of stuff I'd have to pay for in any case.

But, yes, there IS the risk the value could drop further. Today's trading suggests that's not on but we won't know until Monday. If it goes lower and seems to be bottoming out I'll buy more but I don't need much mroe.

The real advantage came from paying for some hotel reservations made month ago but not then pre-paid. Just last week one of my credit card issuers announced they were eliminating their former 3% foreign transaction fee. They process transactions quickly after they are made so, not only did I get 3% off what I had anticipated paying, by pre-paying now I benefited immediately from the low exchange rate.

The drop in the pound was not nearly that for which I had hoped but any saving is a good saving and tonight I'm smiling a lot.

The reason is that the ICJ is not a criminal court. It has no jurisdiction over Israel's crimes against humanity.

Actually it is a criminal court and it does have jurisdiction if it so chooses to exert it; enforcement is another issue. They choose not to because no valid cases can be brought against Israel, an they know it. The UN isn't a credible institution, and it's 'Resolutions' mean nothing, they aren't laws, and because a majority of its members are just vermin representing dictatorships and organized crime syndicates.
No, you are wrong. The reason cases involving Israel's crimes against humanity aren't taken to the ICJ is because that court can't hear them and has nothing to do with the validity of such cases. Sorry but you are going to have to find a new alibi to sooth your guilty conscience.

The International Court of Justice has no jurisdiction to try individuals accused of war crimes or crimes against humanity. As it is not a criminal court, it does not have a prosecutor able to initiate proceedings.
Frequently Asked Questions | International Court of Justice

I don't have a 'guilty conscience', that's just projection by those who have some sort of Joooos Fetish. The ICJ can handle all those cases, and make rulings, and as I said enforcement is a different issue, but there is nothing to prevent anybody from filing cases and having them ruled on. they don't, because they have nothing to file on and they know it, it's just propaganda and antisemitic gibberish.

You and Tommy can start a thread on it. Tommy of course is just a troll and of no interest.
Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true Dorothy.

The International Court of Justice has no jurisdiction to try individuals accused of war crimes or crimes against humanity. As it is not a criminal court, it does not have a prosecutor able to initiate proceedings.
Frequently Asked Questions | International Court of Justice
The statement about ICJ is correct; however, it does not tell the whole story about possible prosecution of Israeli officials for crimes against Palestinians. UN rules and procedure allow for the creation of ad hoc courts to try such crimes. The most famous example is the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia or ICTY.

These courts are established by resolution of the UN Security Council. ICTY heard charges of breaches of the Geneva Conventions, violations of the laws or customs of war, genocide and crimes against humanity.

The politics of the establishing resolution make it far more likely that should the SC be prevented by nothing more than a US veto, the US would broker an agreement by Israel in return, i.e. a plea deal. Such an arrangement would require assent by other SC members and the Palestinian Authority. It would, in fact, be the "peace process" the US has been blathering about for fifty years.

No it isn't. Picaro is correct.

Rather than bother with the propaganda above, the ICJ hears cases of criminality, and has since its inception, contrary to the claims above, between countries and peoples. The reason no cases have been brought against Israel is because they haven't violated any, it's that simple.

For instance:

List of All Cases | International Court of Justice

• Application for Revision of the Judgment of 11 July 1996 in the Case concerning Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Yugoslavia), Preliminary Objections (Yugoslavia v. Bosnia and Herzegovina)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...

• Arrest Warrant of 11 April 2000 (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Belgium)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...

• Territorial and Maritime Dispute between Nicaragua and Honduras in the Caribbean Sea (Nicaragua v. Honduras)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Aerial Incident of 10 August 1999 (Pakistan v. India)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Croatia v. Serbia)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Rwanda)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Uganda)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Burundi)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Yugoslavia v. United States of America)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Serbia and Montenegro v. United Kingdom)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Yugoslavia v. Spain)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Serbia and Montenegro v. Portugal)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Serbia and Montenegro v. Netherlands)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Serbia and Montenegro v. Italy)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Serbia and Montenegro v. Germany)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Serbia and Montenegro v. France)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Serbia and Montenegro v. Canada)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Legality of Use of Force (Serbia and Montenegro v. Belgium)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • LaGrand (Germany v. United States of America)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
... and more. All kinds of cases involving violations of 'international law'. It just annoys antisemites that Israel exists, that's all. How many 'Resolutions' does the UN ever pass on Israel's 'neighbors', or genocidal gangsters like the current freely elected murderers in Gaza or the PA territories? It's ridiculous nonsense the ICJ can't rule on those disputes; they can, yet nobody ever brings such a case before them.

And it is also why Tommy and the rest are terrified of starting a thread on it. lol

From what I've read before, I gather that Tehon is Russian. Which explains his behavior, false claim that ICJ cannot rule, his implication of Israeli crimes (again false), it's all there like a writing on a wall...

Rather than bother with the propaganda above, the ICJ hears cases of criminality, and has since its inception, contrary to the claims above, between countries and peoples. The reason no cases have been brought against Israel is because they haven't violated any, it's that simple.

For instance:

• Application for Revision of the Judgment of 11 July 1996 in the Case concerning Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Yugoslavia), Preliminary Objections (Yugoslavia v. Bosnia and Herzegovina)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...

index_bleu.gif
    More...

• Territorial and Maritime Dispute between Nicaragua and Honduras in the Caribbean Sea (Nicaragua v. Honduras)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Croatia v. Serbia)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Rwanda)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Uganda)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
  • Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Burundi)
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
... and more. All kinds of cases involving violations of 'international law'. It just annoys antisemites that Israel exists, that's all. How many 'Resolutions' does the UN ever pass on Israel's 'neighbors', or genocidal gangsters like the current freely elected murderers in Gaza or the PA territories? It's ridiculous nonsense the ICJ can't rule on those disputes; they can, yet nobody ever brings such a case before them.

And it is also why Tommy and the rest are terrified of starting a thread on it. lol

From what I've read before, I gather that Tehon is Russian. Which explains his behavior, false claim that ICJ cannot rule, his implication of Israeli crimes (again false), it's all there like a writing on a wall...

It's just amazing how much old Soviet Cold War propaganda just keeps being recycled as 'fact' even today, especially by faux 'progressives' and Democrats in our own country.

For instance:

index_bleu.gif
    More...

index_bleu.gif
    More...

index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...

It's just amazing how much old Soviet Cold War propaganda just keeps being recycled as 'fact' even today, especially by faux 'progressives' and Democrats in our own country.
Yes, but what is troublesome to me is that so many people didn't detect it. For the Russians among us here - it must be like shooting fish in a barrel. They tell people whatever they want to hear and suddenly Americans believe this is their new best friend (s).

I have decided to put him and the other ones on ignore to keep myself from temptation. I pray they be converted to Christ because apart from Jesus Christ they shall all perish. I cannot imagine being raised in the Soviet mindset of propaganda and lies. It will take a miracle to see them set free from it. One cannot live a life of deception, lies, hiding hatred in the heart without it eventually destroying them - even before they see hell.

And on the subject of hell..... there are many testimonies I have heard of people who had witnessed visions of people in hell who thought they would be rewarded for their service to Lucifer only to find that Jesus Christ holds the keys to hell and death and they've been duped. How could Satan reward anyone when he was stripped of his power at Calvary? Why would anyone believe Satan (or his workers) would keep his word or promise? Honesty is a virtue. Satan has no virtues. He is the Father of lies and those who serve him are living a lie that will eventually lead to their destruction. Sad but true.

For instance:

index_bleu.gif
    More...

index_bleu.gif
    More...

index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...
    index_bleu.gif
    More...

Yes, but what is troublesome to me is that so many people didn't detect it. For the Russians among us here - it must be like shooting fish in a barrel. They tell people whatever they want to hear and suddenly Americans believe this is their new best friend (s).

I have decided to put him and the other ones on ignore to keep myself from temptation. I pray they be converted to Christ because apart from Jesus Christ they shall all perish. I cannot imagine being raised in the Soviet mindset of propaganda and lies. It will take a miracle to see them set free from it. One cannot live a life of deception, lies, hiding hatred in the heart without it eventually destroying them - even before they see hell.

And on the subject of hell..... there are many testimonies I have heard of people who had witnessed visions of people in hell who thought they would be rewarded for their service to Lucifer only to find that Jesus Christ holds the keys to hell and death and they've been duped. How could Satan reward anyone when he was stripped of his power at Calvary? Why would anyone believe Satan (or his workers) would keep his word or promise? Honesty is a virtue. Satan has no virtues. He is the Father of lies and those who serve him are living a lie that will eventually lead to their destruction. Sad but true.

This article gives a very good short summary of where it comes from for the 'New Left' and faux 'Progressive' neo-fascist racists of today.

Being Leftist and Anti-Semitic in Germany - Susanne Urban

they aren't interested in objectivity and facts, as that doesn't serve their petty agendas and Gramscian gibberish. These people are not Liberals, they are venal, infantile, degenerate vermin with zero morals and principles; make no mistake about it.

Forum List

Back