What's with these damn ads that get attached to my posts?

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
I may not support whatever they advertise for and not want it attached to my comments.

It helps the board get revenue...

... so it can stay in existence...

... What? Ya think the internet gives message boards free access?
Well, what do the members get? Without the members, the board wouldn't have enough traffic to sell ads. The number of members ( traffic ) is what generates the ads. No one would advertise on a site with little or no traffic. At least the admin could do is place the ads either at the very bottom of the page so we'd have to scroll all the way down to see them, or place them in a small area away from posts and comments. I doubt very seriously people come here to read the ads. The admin is showing little appreciation for the members when we have to use AdBlocker Plus to enjoy the site. It's not very pleasant to have a page flooded with ads when you're trying to have a conversation and debate. Who wants to advertise on a site with little or no traffic?

I may not support whatever they advertise for and not want it attached to my comments.
Download and install AdBlocker Plus and you wont have the ads.

Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!
I have that. I get few ads in right column of the page and no pop-up ads on any site I visit.

What they do here at USMB is look at your browsing history and stick ads in your posts that come from places you have been. If you research a product, a picture of it may show up in your post. I think nobody else sees it, but I can't tell.

Sometimes I delete all cookies and browsing history just to make it go away for a while.

For all I know, USMB buys my grocery list from Kroger when I use the card.

Information about you is all that marketers want.

Download and install AdBlocker Plus. Then you wont see the damn annoying ads.
There was an ad for VariDesk in your post. That's one of the sites I spent some time on recently. It was meant for me.

Here's the image:

CATWQVUOEBHLLOEZ42U36W.jpg

I also have a weird experience. It was an ad, but already ceased. There was approximately for a week.

I opened a link from posts. There I saw the ad, which later appeared in the pages of USMB too.

Forums>Global Discussion>Europe>
"Gay Rape, Masked Men and Sheep in Restaurants"
Gay Rape, Masked Men and Sheep in Restaurants

longknife, Mar 13, 2016 #23
"Shocking: Sweden is now the RAPE capital of the West. Here’s why…@ Shocking: Sweden is now the RAPE capital of the West. Here's why..."
Shocking: Sweden is now the RAPE capital of the West. Here's why...
Screenshot_2016-03-13-23-24-56.png

I exaggerated a screenshot therefore this be visible clearly. In fact not very confusing, only a narrow strip along the bottom. (You understand: "it was" or "former". The sentence is in the past tense. I'm sorry, there is a little problem because the grammar.)
Screenshot_2016-03-19-14-35-33.png

Forum List

Back